The Idiot Who Saved Me

Super Flower Boys: My Guardians

I never thought that one day I will meet ny real mother again, She aplogized to me and said that even that she brought me into this world, she could not fullfill her duties as my mother. She was pregnant with me when she and my Father separated. It hurts that she didn't really plan to have me, like I was by accident.

I could have cried, or became angry, and scream at her on why she couldn't be a nother to me. But thats okay because I have Mommy Phylli. Even though shes not my real mother, she has been a real mother to me. Her husband died many years ago, so we basically found each other. Its really weird to think that my own real mother didn't want me yet Mommy Phylli a stranger loved me like her own daughter. We live a small old house in Busan, the small house was just adjacent to an small old hotel which they owned, It had twenty rooms, Its used to have a beautiful garden witha fountain, surrounded by lush flowering plants. But now the fountain is bone dry filled with dead leaves surrounded by thick wild grass and leaves.

Mommy Phylli and I lived happily, even if it was just both of us, Everyday we wake up early, clean the house and go to the market. We are always greeted by our neighbors since they knew Mommy very well. Even without a real family, she never made me feel that I was indifferent, she always made me happy. The day came that she became very sick, she was always in bed.  Good thing there war Dr. Choi Siwon, he told me she really needs to go to the hospital. So I finally brought her, there was shocking news, she had cancer, the doctor also said that it was now all over her body, so she had to stay at the hospital.

Wednesday afternoon, 3:30 pm, I arrived at the hospital, and the doctor said she was gone, she couldn't make it, the doctors tried all they could to revive her, she's not coming back forever, The only person who loved me, the one who truly cared for me, my only family, is gone. At her burial, most of the people came, even our Mayor Lee Soo Man, comforted me and said his condolences and he also donated flowers. Classmates at school and their families came, my bestfriend Nana said I could come and stay with them, But I politely declined since I wouldn't want to disturb them in their home.

 

 

 

That all happened six months ago, yes the days wasn't that long, but I think I'm okay now, I think its better for Mommy to go than live here in so much pain, I wonder is she's happy there or she misses me? Im okay now, I have three jobs,  I work as a waitress, I sell Froyo at the nearby mall and I babysit at the Jungs. I still go to CUBE (Cental University of Bilateral Education), Thank goodness I have my Bestfriend Nana, I have many friends but shes the one whos always with me, she is tall bubbly long brown hair with bangs, and all boys like her very much, shes also very fashionable she looks like she just stepped out of a K-drama. Im not as girly or cutesy or fashionable as her but were the same becasue were both on the School's Volleyball team.

 

I arrived at school at eight, I enter at the classroom, there are only few students there chatting,

"Good morning Harley!"  I hear Nana's voice I turned and looked at her, she looks pretty as always, the ends of her hair is curled and her long bangs are perfectly straight.

"Why are you clipping your bangs back?" she gave my bangs an evil-eye.

"Ah, because its very long already, its covers my face."

"Well, maybe after school I'll do your hair right?"

"Okay as always." I said agreeingly because if I argue with her that I dont, she'll start a world war 3 with me.

 

Soon the class started, Mr. Horvejkul came in, Nana and I have a crush on him (maybe the other girls also) He always looks so very cute, with his short bangs, spectacles, cute face and manly physique, hes waering a light blue button-down and slacks. Well it isn't just about his looks, he's a very good teacher and always cares about his students, he has this quick wit and humor that cracks us up. Hes also our Biology teacher.

"Good morning class, today we'll begin another session of our Bio Research, I'll be giving you assigned duties to research and of course I'll assign you your partner, your 1st duty is to give info about each other, so I'll be calling out your names." So he startd calling out names he finally came to me X

"Xien........ and Lee" I just felt my heart stopped. Turns out  my partner was the transferee, I dont know his name exactly, but I know his face , he was always the one sitting on the back, he rarely talks(I guess he never did), Well yeah hes good lookin, like those the one I always see on k-pop boybands, he silky straight black hair, with full bangs, he has a long nose, small lips, an oval shaped face with a stubborn line of his chin. He's wearing an all-black ensemble, he's like an asian emo boy (nix the crazy scene hair), Black shirt under black Hoodie , black skinnie jeans, black sneakers, black studded leather cuffs on both wrists. I had to sit beside him sice my seat next to Nana's is taken by Hoya, her new partner.

"Hi, It Harley." I held out my hand but he just stared at me like Im a fool. So I just sat beside him.

"Got any name?" I asked.

"Its Ace Lee." he has a deep voice.

Then he quickly got a piece of paper and a pen and started writing his hands moving very fast.

"What are you writing?" He just said nothing. He quickly crumpled the paper into a ball and threw it into the trashbin, beside Mr. Horvejkul's table, it was a perfect shot. I had a mis of anger and surprise so I just sighed, and decided to begin.

"What do you do during your free time?"

"I dont have any free time.."

"It would be much better of you'd cooperate, so that we'll bith pass this subject."

"Woah, woah east there Princess."

"Dont call me that."  ]:-/

"Free time." He said thoughtfully "Playing guitar maybe.."

I wrote "Musician" on my paper, I was about to ask him my next question when he suddenly interrupted me.

"You know I know this girl, she's a volleyball player, one of the smartest girl in class, an obsession with cats, watching cheesy movies, wants to gets the school scholarship." His face came closer and said in almost whisper

"Your not gettting any scholarship." Blood drained from my face, my heart beat by a mile, How could he possibly know these things about me? WHO THE HECK IS HE?

"I dont know what your talking about." I denied.

The bell finally rang for lunch.

"Saved by the bell. " He said, as he stood up and grabbed his bagpack. Scholarship, I really wanted it so bad, Im going to prove him wrong, Our interview session wasnt over yet and I wont definitely fail bio.

"Wait, I dont have your number."

He quickly turned and grabbed my left hand, he got a pen and scribbled his numbers on my palm, he held my hand and wrote using his right. His hand felt warm, duh! what am I thinking. Without saying anything he walked away.

"So," Nana was suddenly beside me, "What was that all about?" she said, her eyes saying tell-me-all-about-it Look.

"He's an Idiot."

"I heard that!." he called from afar. OMG! I WAS SURE I SAID IT ALMOST IN A WHISPER!!!!!  Nana and I were both so shocked