23

Haunted

'Girlfriend? He hasn't told me anything about any girl...' 

I scrunched my eyebrows together as I read Chanyeol's text. If Baekhyun didn't tell Chanyeol anything, it meant he didn't tell anyone at all. So this all meant that he was hiding his little friend from everyone... I heavily sighed. If Baekhyun didn't want anyone to know about his new relationship, I would just have to pretend like I didn't know anything about it either. I tried to erase any memory of it and focused on getting ready for my date with Luhan. 

Luhan picked me up at exactly 6 o'clock. He took us to a cute little restaurant that was just down the street from our work. Walking into the restaurant, I noticed Baekhyun and the same girl from earlier sitting in a booth not too far from the one we were going to sit in. I narrowed my eyes at them as I slid into our own booth. If he was trying to hide his relationship, he sure wasn't doing a very good job at it. 

I hid behind my menu and peered at the couple once again.  Unfortunately the girl's back was facing me so I couldn't get a good look at her again. It was killing me on the inside because I had a feeling in my gut that her familiarity wasn't just coincidence. I had a strong feeling that I knew the girl. They shared a kiss over the table and I scowled at their affection. I didn't know why it was bothering me so much. I wasn't jealous of her; I was more worried about Baekhyun. Something about the girl seemed off. 

"And for you, miss?" the waiter asked, interrupting my thoughts. 

I frantically looked down at the menu and nothing popped out at me as appetizing enough in the span of two seconds so I just said, "I'll have what he's having." I just hoped that Luhan didn't order some crazy, outlandish dish that I would have to force down my throat. 

I returned my gaze back to Baekhyun's booth, but the two were standing up and leaving. Although I didn't really want Baekhyun to see Luhan and me on a date, I wished that he and his date would have exited through the front door so they would have walked by our table and I would have at least gotten a good look at the girl. But unfortunately, they exited out the back. 

I noticed Luhan look behind him to try and see what I was looking at, but the couple was already out the door. "What are you looking at?" he asked, returning his gaze on me. 

"It's nothing. I just thought I saw something," I said, trying to forget about the whole scene I had just seen. 

Dinner went quite well and luckily for me, Luhan didn't have strange taste in food. He asked if I wanted to go anywhere after dinner, but I suggested that he take me home. I didn't want to rush anything with him and I would be lying if I said the earlier events weren't bothering me, so I wanted to go home anyway. 

When he pulled up to my house, he got out of his car and opened the door for me. "You don't need to walk me inside. I'm a big girl," I said, stepping out. 

"Yes, you are. But I want to," he said holding his hand out for me to grab. I felt a blush creep onto my face as I grabbed his hand. Fortunately it was dark out and he wasn't able to see it. When we reached my door, we both faced each other, still holding hands. An awkward silence fell over us, as I waited for him to speak up. "Thank you for letting me take you out," he said rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand. 

"It was nothing. I really like y-" I quickly stopped myself. I had just told myself that I didn't want to rush things with him and here I was about to confess my feelings to him. "Hanging out with you. I really like hanging out with you," I said trying to recover. 

A sheepish smile came across his face as he stepped closer to me and laced his free hand with my other. "I really like you too." My heart plunged into my stomach. I didn't know if it was from embarrassment or from the fact that my feelings for him were being returned. 

Another silence fell over us, but it wasn't awkward like the one prior. It was calm, soothing silence. Our faces were slowly gravitating towards each other until our lips were just a mere centimeter apart. Luhan took initiative and closed the gap as my eyes fell closed. He released my hands from his as they traveled to the small of my back, while mine tangled up into his hair. 

I heard my door open and a gasp escape from someone's lips. "OH MY GOD," I heard Sehun say. My eyes widened and I immediately pulled away from Luhan, jumping a good distance away from him. I felt all the color drain from my face when I noticed that Sehun wasn't alone.

Baekhyun was standing right next to Sehun, in an almost frozen state. His eyes were round and his mouth fell ajar. "I-I'll see you later, Sehun," Baekhyun muttered out as he walked past Luhan and I without a single glance. 

"You guys are dating?!" Sehun stared at us with a deranged look on his face, waiting for an answer. When neither of us spoke up, I assumed he took it as a yes. "Why didn't you tell me?" 

"Why should I tell you anything about my love life?" I said quizzically. 

"Not you, stupid! You!" he said looking at Luhan. "Why didn't you tell me you had the hots for my sister again?! I thought we told each other everything..." I tried to hold in my laughter as Sehun spoke, but his seriousness of the situation was amusing and I accidentally let out a chuckle. 

"I'll see you at work, Luhan," I said, still laughing as I walked into my house. 

"Wait," he said as he grabbed onto my wrist and pulled me back to him. 

"Don't you dare give her another goodnight kiss, you liar!" Sehun said, shoving me inside. "And you go to your room! I'll deal with you later." I rolled my eyes as I walked up the stairs and into my room. I didn't understand why Sehun was so upset over the whole situation. 

After about five minutes, Sehun stormed into my room. "Did you make up with your boyfriend?" I asked, testing his patience. 

"Yes, we- HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND," he said angrily as he placed himself next to me on my bed. "Listen, I don't mind you dating Luhan. It's just... it's only been a week since you and Baekhyun broke up. Don't you think you're moving on a bit too fast?"

I sighed. "I just kissed him, Sehun. And besides, I never actually had feelings for Baekhyun, so there was nothing to move on from," I said as a matter of fact. 

"But you did have feelings for him. And he very much had feelings for you; feelings that are still lingering inside him. You already hurt him enough last week. Don't you think this is kind of cruel?" 

"I think he's doing just fine, Sehun. After all, he's already dating another girl..." I muttered. 

"What are you talking about? I asked Baekhyun about that today and he said he wasn't dating anyone."

"That's weird..." I said as I recalled the earlier events. "I saw him with the same girl eating dinner together earlier..."

Sehun shot me a strange look. "How could he have been eating dinner with a girl when he was hanging out with me tonight?" 

 

 

I hope this isn't too predictable... >.> and omg I'm already planning out the plot for my next fic. This one isn't even finished yet. T_T But luckily for you all, my next fic is probably going to be another Baekhyun one because I love him too much. lol but it's probably going to be depressing. AGAIN. .-. I at writing fluffy stuff, sorry. lol. But don't worry, it's still a ways away until I finish this one. :] You guys are by far my favorite subscribers eveerrr. Even if this is only my second fic. lol