Welcome To Korea

Idol Protection Program

As for not being in Korea for a while, and not coming from an Asian background, you really don’t believe your eyes when you see a whole congregation of Koreans at the Incheon airport. Believe me. I would know.

Feeling out of place with my black skinny jeans and hot pink blazer, I looked like the most European woman in the world. I felt like her too. My stilettos helped in making me feel like Godzilla and were making my ankles hurt. I winced as I exit the comfort of the air-conditioned airport. It was about 10:30 when I arrived this morning, and now it’s about high noon. Between the baggage and trying to get all of my weapons through security—which was rather hellish might I add—my patience was wearing thin.

I grab my bags and make my way out into the streets to hail a cab, which, in due time, I accomplished. I gave the man the directions to where I was supposed to be and pulled the profile papers out of the folder from my purse.

Kim Jonghyun, a strong vocalist, nicknamed; puppy, Dinosaur, and Bling Bling…”

I roll my eyes; Bling Bling? Wow, that’s flamboyant. I shake the thought out of my head, I don’t care what he does in bed with men—it’s none of my business. I am only here to protect them. I look at the enclosed picture of Jonghyun, he looks like a trouble maker, and nod skeptically before moving on to the next one.

“Kim Kibum, rapper and vocalist, nicknamed the Almighty Key and Mama Key...”

Almighty Key? Cocky much? But I might not have to worry about him, it says he protects the rest of the members, so he should be the least of my problems.

“Lee Taemin, singer and main dancer as well as the youngest, nicknamed Maknae and Dancing Machine….”

Now the youngest might be my main problem; He’s beautiful and young, probably just what they want. …

“Lee Jinki, vocalist and leader, nicknamed Onew, Dubu, Dubuldge, and a variety of other things…”

Hm…not much to say about this one, actually, he might be useful to me—

“…is very clumsy…falls down a lot…”

 I set the information and picture on the stack of the others that I have read quickly and moved onto the last member.

Choi Minho, rapper, nicknamed the Flaming Charisma, Chocolate abs and-

“Excuse me Miss, this is your stop.” The cabby politely interrupts my thought process. I scramble to collect my classified information before he could get a glimpse at it and a light panic attack starts to settle its way into my very being.

Oh gawd, I’ve failed this mission before I’ve even started it!

To stop my panic from spreading any further I slap my face lightly and take a deep breath.

“Oh, thank you.” I bow slightly and grab my things before paying him. As I walk away from the cab, my first instinct was to turn back around and kill the man on the spot, but I didn’t get into the business by mindless kills—and he didn’t even see the papers most likely. Taking another deep breath I step forward.

As I look at the entertainment company in front of me I get an uneasy feeling, something wasn’t right. The doors open to reveal a sleek looking lobby with a front desk and an elevator. My eyes cover the entire room in search of an escape route. The was a few doors to my left, a hallway to my right and there was another door behind the desk.

There was a middle-aged man standing in the lobby talking to the receptionist in hushed tones and turned around quickly when he heard the door shut. A look of caution danced across his soft features and a long awkward silence fills the air before he approaches me apprehensively.

“Are, you Cecile?” He asks, mispronouncing my name. I nod and quickly I am whisked off down the hallway, which was much longer than it looked from where I stood earlier.

“Where are we going?” I ask loudly.

He opens a door and throws me inside, letting me land on a chair that was conveniently placed near the door.

“Well thanks for that you creepy--,” I stops my sentence short upon noticing that I was in a room full of people. In this boardroom were a lot of middle aged men and women, as well as a middle aged man sitting at the head of the table.

“Thank you, Jin. Hello, Miss Cecile. We knew you were going to arrive and we are so glad you came. I am Soo Man, the CEO of this entertainment company.”

“I am Cecile, and I hope you know that this shouldn’t take me very long; I should be out of your hair soon.” I reply with a smile as my heart rate calms down.

“Yes, well as you know these people that you have been warned about have posed as antis in the past, and did harmful things to my idols.”

I nod in response, motioning for him to continue.

“But now, they have decided to pose as security guards, officers, waiters, shop owners, and many other things. We asked you to come and guard our band SHINee which has yet to have anything too harmful come their way. Do you understand?” Soo Man looks directly at me, and I keep my level head.

“Yes sir, Soo Man.”

“Good. You are to act as a student coming to Korea to study. You will be placed in a university alongside Lee Taemin, for he is starting this coming year. SHINee is to be your host family until the mission is complete. Do you understand?”

“Yes sir.”

“Good. SHINee is not to figure out about this; they already have an amazing amount of stress piled high on their shoulders.” Soo Man heaved a huge sigh and rubbed his temples. I stand up and smirk.

“Don’t worry Mr. Soo Man, sir. Your boy group is in good hands!” I smile sincerely at him and nod to the rest of the room, “I’ll be leaving first.”

I exit the room and pick up my bags off the floor in front of the boardroom. I turn around to see Jin Choi staring at me.

“So, you’re SHINee’ manager, huh? What’s that like?” I ask as I fix a few things on my bag.  Jin’s face turns cold.

“You better protect my boys. I’ve invested too much time in them and I don’t want them, or their careers, to get hurt. You got it?” He spat. I blink a few times before righting myself and staring directly at him.

“Uh, yes sir?” I reply hesitantly.

“Good, now follow me. I’ll be driving you to the dorm.” He took car keys out of his pocket and swung them around his finger skillfully.  I felt a familiar sensation dance up my spine and shudder before following him. He turns around with a smile.

“Oh, and Cecile?”

I make a noise of recognition and he smiles, almost sinisterly, “Welcome to Korea.”


Author's corner: Okay, so I made Jin Choi a bit of a sadistic manager...oh well. Yandere is good...right? RIGHT? SOMEBODY TELL ME I'M RIGHT.

anyway, enjoy, subscribe, keep reading, subscribe, comment, and well, you know, you could always subscribe. :D