Let It Snow

Let It Snow (oneshot)

 

Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WKXOY6X3v4&feature=related[Let It Snow]

“Jang…what’s the name again?” Minjae asked as she checked on the café before locking it up. She had work part time on it for 3 years already, starting freshman year. She needed to work to gain money for the bills to pay at home and to save up for Super Junior’s concert that she badly wanted to attend to.

“Jang? Jang Wooyoung? If you still don’t know, there’s a lot of Jang’s in Korea.” Yunhee retorted as she she toyed with her bag’s straps.

“Ofcourse I know that! But rumors said he’s a snob person, he doesn’t like talking to anyone. Do you think something happened to him?”

“Maybe, during his childhood. I don’t know, and I don’t care. What? You like him already?” Yunhee chuckled as they walked on the quiet streets.

As they passed by one house, Minjae’s feet seemed to be rooted on the ground as she saw a familiar figure walking out of the gate of the house.

“That’s…him.” Minjae softly whispered. Yunhee turned her head on the guy and a light bulb appeared on her head.

“Aha! I know him! He’s our batchmate. From class 3-A.” Yunhee said as she dragged her bestfriend and followed closely behind the Jang guy. “Uhm…excuse me.”

Hyunseung stopped for awhile and turned his head, though he didn’t bother talking. “Uhm…” Yunhee started. Hyunseung grew impatient as he began walking away. Yunhee nudged her bestfried to call him again.

“Jang…Jang? Jang—“ Minjae said stupidly. Yunhee smacked her own forehead and then cursed silently.

“Jang Hyunseung.” Hyunseung muttered as he stopped, then walked again. Yunhee dragged Minjae, causing her to lost balance and fall on the ground.

“Aish…” Minjae cursed as she dusted herself and watched the Hyunseung who was already fading from there view. “They’re right, he’s a snob.”

“Atleast you talked to him, well, sorta.” Yunhee laughed as they went on their own way back to their own homes.

That night, Minjae popped in infront of her computer and checked her Cyworld. Suddenly, she started searching for his profile. ‘Jang Hyunseung. You’re so mysterious.’ She thought as she sighed, there was no profile for him. ‘What the hell? Am I starting to have a crush on him? Well, not bad, it’s only a crush, right? No harm.’

--

The next day, Minjae came to school earlier than usual, hoping to find him on the benches on the school garden. She laid her bag and notebook beside her and put on her iPod’s earphones on her ears. After a while, she fell asleep because of the cold wind, completely forgetting why she was there.

She stirred on her sleep and felt something warm on her body. She shot of from the bench, she fell asleep there with a coat on her. She checked the time, she fell asleep for half an hour and the tardy bell will ring in just 6 minutes.

She dashed through the main door and saw a few students on the hallways, some were couples. She remembered the coat and checked if there was a name tag on it. Unfortunately, there wasn’t. She had to find a guy schoolmate who wasn’t wearing a coat.

“Hey! What’s that?” Yunhee asked as she entered her homeroom. She shrugged and placed her bag on her chair. “Ooh. I saw Hyunseung a while ago. He wasn’t wearing his school coat. Maybe that’s his.”

Minjae widened her eyes. ‘Hyunseung? That means he saw me sleeping earlier!’ She thought. She was about to walk out of her class when the teacher had arrived. ‘Maybe I should give it to him during lunch break.’

The classes went on with Minjae fidgeting on her seat. She felt a bit excited on talking to him.

Soon, breaktime came. She dashed out the door and towards class 3-A’s room. She knocked and a girl student approached her.

“Excuse me, where’s Jang Hyunseung?” She asked.

“Hyunseung-sshi? Oh. He went home early. He was sick.” She bit her lower lip in disbelief. She went to the school garden alone and saw a figure sitting on one of the benches. ‘Hyunseung? I thought he went home early?’

“Jang Hyunseung-sshi.” She muttered softly. Hyunseung raised his head and looked at her. “Thanks. Here’s your coat.” To her surprise, Hyunseung grabbed his bag and walked away. ‘What’s with this guy? He’s always walking away.’

She followed closely behind him with her head lowered down the ground. He stopped, and her head almost bumped on his back. She looked up and saw him looking down on her.

“Why are you following me?” He asked bluntly.

“I wanted to talk to you.” She said. He sighed and continued walking with Minjae following behind him. They stopped infront of the fountain on the school’s field. “Here’s your coat. Thank you for putting it on me this morning.”

He sat on the grass and placed his belongings beside him as they watched the students who were playing soccer.

“Your classmate told me that you were sick. Why are you still here?” She curiously asked as she sat beside him, their shoulders touched. He looked at her then back at the field. “If you don’t want to tell it, it’s okay.”

“My parents are fighting again at home, so why would I stay there? It would make my condition worse.” He said, Minjae was taken aback, he was sharing it to her. Then he chuckled. “It’s glad to know someone wanted to talk to me.”

“If only you weren’t snobbish.” Minjae snorted. She looked at him and observed his facial feautures, he was handsome.

“I’m not that snobbish. I only wanted to be alone. Not until you came here.” Hyunseung said as he ran his fingers through his hair. “It’s hard to ignore you, ya’know.”

“And why is that?” She slapped his arm jokingly. They were already comfortable with each other.

“You’re cute.” He commented and then chuckled at her reaction. “You know, it’s my first time talking to someone. And you’re very lucky to see me smile.”

“Keke. You should smile more, it fits you, really.” She said. The bell rang and they looked back on the building then both sighed. “Guess I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Nah.” He replied. “I’ll see you later. I’ll wait for you on the benches.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

--

Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Mxyhyh-rM [G.NA’s I’ll back off so you can live better]

Class ended in a rush and Minjae excitedly grabbed her backpack and waved goodbye to Yunhee. She wanted to spend time with Hyunseung so she told Yunhee to go home ahead of her.

She was the last one to walk out the classroom.

Suddenly, six guys blocked her way out of the door. She looked up and glared at them. One of them grabbed her chin and forced her to face him.

“Our Minjae is getting more fierce.” One of the guys, L.Joe, commented.

“Let go of me.” She grunted.

“Ohhh…she’s talking back.” Ricky said. She pushed them away and run away.

“GET HER!”

She remembered Hyunseung and dashed to the garden first. She panted infront of him and he tilted his head on her.

“THERE! SHE’S THERE!”

“Let’s Go!” She dragged him away, not knowing that she intertwined her fingers with Hyunseung’s. Hyunseung looked so clueless as they continued to run out of the school.

“Yah! Why don’t we hide!?” Hyunseung shouted.

“We can hide but there’s no time for that!” She looked at Hyunseung and then yanked her hand away and headed alone, Hyunseung stopped running and looked back to see that the boys were lost already.

He looked for Minjae again and…

*screeeeeech.*

“MINJAE-AH!” His eyes widened and his heart pumped fast. The truck stopped but it hit her, causing her to fall a few meters away. He ran to her and saw her unconscious. The truck driver got off of the truck and went to them. The people stopped and surrounded them.

He saw red liquid on the floor; blood. “Let’s bring her to the hospital!”

“No, she’s injured bad, we need to call the ambulance.”

“It’s here.” The people looked at the incoming ambulance. Hyunseung watched in worry as they put her on a stretcher.

“Who’s the relative?” The paramedics asked.

“Me.”

“What’s your relation?”

“I’m her boyfriend.

“Come with us.”

--

EPILOUGE:

A few hours later.

Hyunseung sat on the edge of Minjae’s hospital bed, she had a bandage around her head and she was still unconscious. He traced his finger on her nosebridge then chuckled.

His heart was fill with worry and regret, if only he held tightly on her hand. If only he stopped her. She wouldn’t be hurt.

But was what this weird feeling on his heart? Ever since they talked, his heart was filled with warmth. He felt happy despite the problems he had faced.

He held her hand and kissed it softly.

To his surprise, it suddenly moved. He stood beside her and observed her who’s eyes was slowly fluttering open.

She looked at him, and what she said shook his world.

“Who are you?”

--

Author:

  1. LOL. It was a short oneshot but hope you do like it. I’m kinda destructed while typing this cause I’m reading other fanfics.
  2. Well, the ending was crappy. I know. It’s a cliffhanger.
  3. Next on the list: Yoseob! Then the maknae, Dongwoon!~
  4. Ciao.