A Twist In Time. ♥

Like The First Time I Met You

 

March 13th, 2012 // Afternoon at Seoul, Republic of Korea. // Sung Baek Library // 2:43 PM

 

Ji Yeon sat at one of the tables inside the crisp cool library reading some Kurt Vonnegut pieces silently waiting for Hee Chul to pick her up for their supposed date at Nam San Mall.

“…and silently time turned back and repeated itself. She realized that there was nothing more to lose and that she had to spend each and every second preciously.” Ji Yeon mumbled; reading from the plastic covered book which was in hard bound, trying hard to perfect her English.

 

Hee Chul was running quite a pace looking at his watch realizing it was already past 2:00. Ji Yeon was not quite the person to have such patience. His sweat slowly trickled from his forehead.

“Aigoo~” He mumbled looking at his watch.

2:45, 2:46, 2:47.

Tick, tick, tick. The clock was running fast.

2:48, 2:49, 2:50.

As Hee Chul was crossing the street suddenly, a large truck hit him.

A large noise was made as Hee Chul’s beaten up body was thrown onto the library’s stairs and the truck hit a statue of a traditional Korean soldier.

Blood flowed from his forehead heavily, making the stairs bloody as ever.

Everyone from inside the library came to check out what’s happening and what they saw made a commotion someone quickly called an ambulance.

Ji Yeon curiously looked at the door, the curiosity was killing her.

She quickly stood up from her feet and tried to make her way from the crowd, and as she reached the end… there lay the most important man in her life.

Lifeless, bloody, & dead.

“O-ppa.” Ji Yeon’s body trembled in shock.

How could this happen?

Ji Yeon sat near Hee Chul and carefully placed his head on her shoulder.

“HEE-CHUL!!!” Ji Yeon cried loudly.

Months passed and everything was out of place.

The bubbly and energetic Ji Yeon was now depressed and seemed out of her mind.

She’d walk from home to school without that same bright smile she used to share with everyone. Ji Yeon was not the only one who was sad. Hee Chul’s family moved to Busan, Hee Chul’s seat in school has been empty, and the teachers were quite devastated for the loss of the number 1 student in school.

-

One day while walking to School…

“God, please… give Hee Chul back to me. Take everything from me, but Hee Chul. Please, give me one more life time to spend with him. Please, give me a little more time to spend with him. Please, I am begging you with all my heart. Give me back, Hee Chul.” With tears on her small eyes, she ran from the church and to her school.

 

As she sat at her table in her class room… she just slammed her head into the cold wooden table and waited till home room started. 30 minutes---

Suddenly, she felt a tap from her back, and as she looked up it was Hee Chul.

 

“O-oppa?” She tremblingly uttered.

“What oppa? You must have mistaken, it’s me Park Hee Chul!” The guy laughed.

“What date is it today?” Ji Yeon asks as her hands grabbed the edges of her table.

“September 6th, 2010.” Hee Chul’s reply rang onto her ears.

“September 6th, 2010.” It kept ringing in Ji Yeon’s mind.

“I-imposible!” Ji Yeon ran out of their class room hands shaking.

“Jeez, I only wanted her seat.” Hee Chul shook his head. “What a crazy woman.”

Hee Chul then continued to chat with his friends, Dong Hae and Eun Hyuk making noises in class waiting for home room to start.                    

 

Ji Yeon opened her flip phone and looked at the colorful calendar.

September 6th, 2010.

“T-this is simply, impossible.” Ji Yeon’s hands trembled as she was about to put her phone in her pocket, the school bell rang and her phone slipped silently onto the carpeted floor as Ji Yeon quickly ran to class.

As she went in class, everyone was looking at her because of her sudden appearance.

Ji Yeon just scooted to her seat as if there was no one looking.

As soon as the teacher came in, everyone sat properly at their respected seats and looked intently at their new teacher for the new school year, he was quite young looking.

 

“Hello, everyone! My name is Yoon Dong Baek! I will be your home room teacher for this school year! I am a fresh graduate from Sung Hun University of Seoul and you guys are my first section to handle in my career. I hope we all get along well. Yes?”

The teacher smiled wide at the students as they all gave a cheerful, “Yes.”

 

Ji Yeon just quickly wrote on one of her notebooks the name of their new teacher. Until, something hooked up her head. She had everything written in her diary since sophomore years. She quickly dug up her bag for her diary which was quite dull and old now. It still had this faded strawberry scent and pink color to it.

 

“YES!” Ji Yeon jumped with joy causing the teacher and the other students to look at her.

“Yes, Ms. Kang Ji Yeon?” The teacher eyed her name badge pinned to her chest pocket quickly.

“A-aah… I’m sorry.” Ji Yeon bowed her head and took her seat as some of the students snickered and laughed.

“Ahem~” The teacher cleared his throath. “As I was saying, let us now pick our class officers…”

Ji Yeon focused on her diary again and read information about their teacher, Sr. Yoon Dong Baek.

Hee Chul then tapped the metal part of her chair with a pen trying to get her attention. “Ya~” Hee Chul softly whispers.

“What do you want!?” Ji Yeon silently says without looking at her back.  

“Can you lend me a pen? Mine’s not working.” Hee Chul whispers.

Ji Yeon gives a quick look at Hee Chul as she swiftly drops a pink bunny pen to Hee Chul’s table.

“Ya~ don’t you have any simpler one?” Hee Chul whispers as he taps the bunny pen at Ji Yeon’s chair.

“I-I don--- Aah~ D-don’t complain!” Ji Yeon whispers madly with a shot of red in her cheeks. What ever was happening already happened before. Ji Yeon decided to just take all of these miracles slowly day by day, perhaps changing what may happen in the future.

 

The teacher gave them a quick shock as he called for them. “Ms. Kang Ji Yeon and Sr. Kim Hee Chul can you please stand in front? Your classmates have voted for you for the position of class president.” The teacher smiles politely at them as they start to scramble out of their seats and into the wooden platform in front of the class with their new teacher beside them. “Who else do you guys want for the possition of class president?”

 

“I vote for Lee Dong Hae.” The timid Kyu Hyun says as he smirks in front of Dong Hae who had an irritated face. Dong Hae was the 2nd top student in school, and is quite very close to Ji Yeon since Elementary. Ji Yeon’s eyes popped as Dong Hae walked to the wooden flatform

 

“Sir! I think the positions should be, Hee Chul as class president, Dong Hae for vice president, and Ji Yeon for secretary.” Eun Hyuk smiles like a kid. As their gang of boys hooted and cheered.

 

“Well, I guess that’s a good idea, huh? Both 3 are in the School ranking. I heard, Hee Chul’s 1st, Dong Hae is 2nd and Ji Yeon’s 5th. We’ll see for this school year. Okay then, it’s settled. Hee Chul is class president, Dong Hae is vice president, and Jin Hee is secretary. Back to your seats then.”

 

“Sr. couldn’t we have a proper class election?” Hyuna stood up and looked at Ji Yeon with an irritated face. Ji Yeon and Hyuna we’re always fighting for 5th place, but Hyuna ends up being 6th in school ranking. There was nothing to hate on Hyuna, but some simply get irritated with her cockyness and too much full of herself attitude.

 

“Y-yes, I agree.” Ji Yeon murmurs.

 

“Well, everything is decided already and also, I’m quite excited knowing you all. We will just change the positions, when needed.” Dong Baek looked at the 3, raising his glasses as he signalled them to take their seats. As soon as the three of them sat, he started talking about class activities and such that it started to bore Ji Yeon again. She just flashed back to her old and dull pink diary looking for relatively important information. ‘I haven’t talked to Dong Hae since that thing happened in middle school.’ Ji Yeon thought to herself.

 

Soon after an hour, the school bell rang and it was time for recess. Ji Yeon grabbed her school bag and walked to the hall way. She tapped both of her pockets checking for her phone, and it was nowhere to be found. She checked back on her table but nothing was to be found but some books and scratch papers full of ink blots and random words Ji Yeon wrote. She had this bad feeling someone might go through her phone and discover everything that was happening. This is De’javu and everything was back in time. She looked down the hallways where she might have dropped her phone from running to class and suddenly she bumped at someone, and as she looked up… it was no other than Kim Hee Chul. Ji Yeon looked down to his pocket where a purple bunny head keychain was hanging from the ends of his pocket.

 

“Uhm… I think you have my phone, Kim Hee Chul.” Ji Yeon intently looked at his pocket. “Wait, aren’t you going to say sorry for bumping to the school’s number 1 student?” “Don’t be too full of yourself. Luck runs out fast when karma is chasing you. Give me back my phone.” Ji Yeon shot an annoyed stare at him; she can’t believe this was Kim Hee Chul infront of other girls. Ji Yeon was both shocked and relieved knowing that Hee Chul doesn’t sweet talk with that many girls.

‘I guess it’s saved for several girls; like his girlfriend.’

“Don’t be too full of yourself, tch.” Hee Chul tried to imitate Ji Yeon’s voice. Ji Yeon tried to snatch her phone away, but Hee Chul backed away quite very fast. If you want your phone back, meet me at the roof top, 5pm.

 

Dong Hae and the other members of his so called gang of friends came at him, as they all went to the canteen downstairs to eat making noises and screeches on the way. Dong Hae shot a stare at Ji Yeon; with worried eyes. ‘Is Hee Chul bullying, Ji Yeon?’

 

Ji Yeon stood there at the very same spot with this unknown tingly feeling in her chest. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? ‘This never happened before.’ She thought to herself. ‘I think all the things that are happening aren’t the same after all. I think this is better than loosing, Kim Hee Chul. I think its better that I haven’t been so close to him afterall. Maybe, it is better if I don’t become Hee Chul’s girlfriend.’ Ji Yeon shook her head and walked to the canteen as well.

 

She got one of those banana flavored bread that was cut in to 5 parts and was put in a thin plastic container. She got some banana milk with it too. She then sat alone and grabbed her diary to read through it. She needed to remember who her friends were. The only thing she remembers from now is that, Hyuna was her bestfriend. But, they have been fighting because of the 5th place.

“Lets see… hmmm~” Ji Yeon ran her fingers through the email and phone numbers section, trying to forget that her phone was with Hee Chul and rather spend her time wisely. Hee Chul was never the type of person to go through someone’s stuff no matter what, and the idea of that calmed Ji Yeon’s mind. “Park Hyuna--- listed as a bestfriend.” “Kim So Hee--- listed as a friend.” “Aaah! Lee Jin Ki!” Ji Yeon remembered as a smile grew wide on her face. Jin Ki moved to America after 8th grade the reason was unknown and there were rumors that he got terribly depressed and decided to continue studying abroad. They were both very good friends who enjoyed playing soccer in the summer sky and reading Kurt Vonnegut pieces, and one more thing… fried chicken and rice together with some kimchi.

And there was Jin Ki running from the canteen’s door yelling at Ji Yeon.

“Ji Yeon-ah!~” Jin Ki held a bucket of KFC in his arms with his group of friends ranging from 7th grade to 8th grade. “Jin Ki!~” Ji Yeon stood up to accept a quick friendly hug, as they all sat on the table like middle school students having met for the first time.

“Yaaa!~ You forgot to contact me on the last month of summer break! I was really bored, so I watched a soccer match at Daegu with some of my friends. Ah, this is my gang of friends. You must have known some of them from 5th grade. This is Kim Jong Hyun from…” Jin Ki kept on telling about his friends as Hee Chul stared at them from a distance, maybe 3-4 tables apart.

“Hyung, you’ve been staring at that girl since homeroom. Your type?~ She’s very talented in playing the violin and writing literature. The type of girl you’d like to introduce to your parents.” Shin Dong snickered as he ate his cookies, jokingly slapping his friends’ arms as they focused the topic on Hee Chul and Ji Yeon. As soon as Hee Chul looked away from Ji Yeon, Ji Yeon shot him a glance, vice versa.

 

Nothing could be changed. They we’re born to love eachother till the end. Whatever was happening, Ji Yeon must take it as it is. Or the future will never change.

'To fall in love, or not?'

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------♥♥♥

HELLO MY BUNNIES!~

I’m back yet with another story for you guys.

This one is dedicated to one of the eonis who made my first year in highschool, unforgetable. J
Annyeong, Kae eoni!~ ♥

Good luck with college, do well, okay?

FAAIITTIINNGG!!!

Inspiration is from one of the eonis too!

Annyeong, Kamei eoni!~ ♥

Good luck with college too!~

©EriYangStories’12