Prologue

A Lesson Before Dying

I remember when oppa first proposed to her.

He was nervous as hell, always asking me if he planned this right, if that white blossom corsage looked fresh enough, if his tux needed some re-doing, blah blah blah. "Jinli!" he would always call, every five minutes. I would always roll my eyes at his nervousness, always assuring him that as a model and rapper of Bigbang, he wouldn't and probably never will have an issue with how he looks. People would moon over him and come chasing him all the way to Hong Kong even if he wore a plain t-shirt and shorts. Trust me, I've been there, done that, thrice. Apparently, getting ice cream with your brother isn't the easiest thing to do when he's basically the face of Bigbang.

But anyway, I told him all of this, as I slowly but efficiently pushed him out through the doorway and out of the house, begging him to propose to her before someone else would snacth 2ne1's Bom off her feet. There was always G-Bom too, and plus, all the guys she worked with for her solo MV's just might -

"Okay, okay, I'm going!" he cried out, running towards his limo. There's my T.O.P. brother, I thought, giggling as I waved to him and the chauffer, both whom were going to meet Bom by the beautiful azalea gardens only a league or so from our estate within the rich city of Cheong-dam, South Korea. As he got in and drove away, the slick black limo smoothly drove around our diamond fountains and gardens like a master snake, its surface gleaming beneath the effortlessly shining golden sun. The lazy white clouds and flittering white cherry blossoms also surrounded the skies with its merriment and innocence, as if they too were celebrating the wonderful days to come. All of this seemed to be a really good omen as I eased the heavy oak door shut and went back to skype-ing with my own boyfriend, SHINee's Lee Taemin.

Despite the sweet distraction, though, I knew that soon, I would have to get acquainted with Bom unnie herself, whom I wasn't fully acquainted with, but it wouldn't be too bad to see just who changed my brother so much all these years. There was also the issue of getting along with her own hidden little sister, who is apparently my age and is named Luna Sunyoung Park. Plus all their relatives. And the absence their new family would cause once Seunghyun oppa and his new wife, Bom, left our premises to make a new living all on their own, both through music and their love. It was a sad kind of happiness. Bitter-sweet, to sum it all up.

Sighing to ease my heavy heart, I rubbed my face to block out my thoughts and leaned my head against the soft cherry wood of my desk, chatting with Taemin whilst imagining, with a feint smile, what could possibly be going on for my brother at this very moment...

Who knew, though, that their happiness could be cut so short? So fast, so suddenly, so irreplacably?

2ne1 could get a new member.

Luna could live by herself.

Her family could adjust over time.

But my brother?

He can't get a new wife. Not only after a year...

Actually, it's more like he won't get a new wife. Or do anything that doesn't have to do with Bom unnie. Because he loved her...

And he chooses not to forget her, claiming that she's actually never been gone and that she's still there, right by his side...Love is so bad.

Love is a sickness.

Love is a disease.

Love is a mental discapability.

At least, for my brother it is.

Bigbang's T.O.P.

The Choi family's official heir.

My one and only brother.

And...Park Bom of 2ne1's insanely dedicated lover, determined to believe in the truth that she is there, always, even if now she's gone without a single trace...

Just what is wrong with you?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just a masterpiece gone wrong...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There's no turning back when she's right there...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My brother is never the same again, and I don't know how to change him.

So...will you, um, Miss Song? I know this is so impromptu and that you're probably busy with all these other mental cases the other crazy people of this land have inherited, but please, it's really urgent...He might as well kill himself so as to be revealed laughing to the wall or experiencing a kiss with a ghost...I can't bear to see him like this any longer, Miss Song, he's my brother, he's Bigbang's rapper, he needs to let go, please, please, PLEASE!

Before it's too late...