Don't Go Home, Baby.

{One Shot} Don't Go Home, Baby.

 

With a small, shy smile, Ji-Yong picked me up. I stood outside of my house, aware of the weary glances of my parents through the window.

"Hi.", he says, holding out a bouquet of roses.

"Thanks.", I murmur, taking them.

"Do we-"

"No. Let's just go.", I say, glancing at my parents. It was 6. They expected me home at 8. They narrowed their eyes at me and smiled.

He was my fiancee. I got in the car, feeling the leather seats and brand new smell. He acted like it was nothing and drove me home to his house.

He opened the door and let me in. I hesitantly sat down on the couch before he did. I set the roses in my lap and expectantly looked at him. He sat down beside me.

I immediately glanced at the clock. The calm needle made its way around, unaware of the awkwardness in the room.

"How are you?", he asks softly.

I nod. "I'm fine."

"You aren't going to ask me?", he asks, attempting to make the setting more lighthearted.

I looked at him in subtle shock. "Uh..how are you?"

"I'm fine.", he says quickly.

For a couple who was engaged, we didn't have any chemistry. The evenings that we spend together was always awkward. We sat there, unsure of what to say. The needle of the clock pounds in my head and I feel my veins pulse, urging me to leave. I'm not aware of the warm sweat that starts to break. It's only more awkward as I cough. I wince, wishing I had taken a cough drop before coming.

An agonizing 2 hours pass by. My head hurts, crimson.

8. I stand up slowly. "Uh, it's time.", I say.

He looks at me. "Why don't you stay? It's still early."

What was wrong with him? Did he like the awkward silence?

"It won't be so awkward..", he begins.

I frown worriedly. "My parents will be worried."

"I'll be worried too. I don't want you to go."

I felt myself gulp. He stood up. What were his intentions?

"It's just that...I'll feel so alone once you leave. I only have you."

"I'll call you.", I offered.

"I don't want that.", he mutters with a slight pout.

The heavenly face that I had been trapped with. I found myself mesmerized, half of me telling me to leave him and the other telling me to stay.

"Today, don't go home.", he says, stepping closer to me.

I felt myself resist, my foot beginning to step back.

"I have a present for you.", he says softly.

I pressed against the door.

"Let's just sit for another hour. Just one more.", he coos, almost pleading.

I knew he wouldn't let me go anyways. It was just a hassle to resist so I reluctantly sat down.

And just like the past two hours, this one was also awkward, if not even more.

"Are you hungry? Let's eat dinner.", he suggested.

"I was going to eat dinner with my parents.", I said lamely.

"I don't want to eat dinner alone though. I thought it would be nice to eat with you..for once."

I winced. He was always alone in this big house...

Dinner was expected to be awkward. He kept asking me if the food was good. I kept nodding, not wanting to talk while eating.

"I'll wash the dishes.", I offered.

"We can wash them together.", he says, standing up and piling the empty dishes.

Washing the dishes was another night.

He smiled. "This feels like we're already married."

I blush.

He smiles directly at me. I smile back. "Do you enjoy doing chores with me?"

I nod.

"Why won't you say something? It bothers me when you're so silent.", he insists.

"You're so talkative.."

"I'm not."

I smile sheepishly and cower back into my shell. The dishes are done. And we're back on the couch.

An awkward moment. We sit on opposite ends of the couch, not daring to come closer.

"I-", he began.

I accidentally cut him off. "It's 12.", I say, standing up.

"Did I keep you here for that long?"

I felt panic creep in. "My parents..they'll hate me for this."

His hand reached out and took mines. I looked at him in surprise. "Ji-Yong..."

"Don't go home. Why don't you stay with me tonight?"

"But, Ji-Yong..."

"I hate being alone. Especially when I'm engaged to someone like you..I really hate it. I don't want to spend another night like this."

"Let me call my parents..", I say, reaching for my cell phone.

"I told you I had a present for you.", he says.

I frown. "You can give it to me later."

"I can't let you go.", he says, pulling me closer to him.

I yelp in surprise. He looks at me, amused. He didn't even do anything.

"It's just that...I don't want you to go home this late at night. It's dangerous outside at midnight. What if you get kidnapped?", he asks me.

I frown.

"I'm just worried for you. My intentions are pure. So stay."

I hesitate.

"You're going home tomorrow anyways."

I bite my lip.

"Want to see your present? It's in the backyard.", he says, standing up. I set my purse down and follow him.

Outside, the stars are shining. I stare, enchanted. There's so many of them.

"This is your present. The stars.", he says. I feel him put his arm around my shoulders.

"Thank you. They're beautiful."

He laughs. There's a blanket under the tree.

"I'm so lonely on these nights..."

I look at him with sympathy. Have I ever been alone? Of course not. I always had my parents hovering over me. Ji-Yong had moved out of his parent's house a long time ago. Of course he was alone.

"The night is so long when you're alone."

He takes out his phone. I watch as he puts it on vibrate. He smiles.

"S-should I do the same?"

He smiles again. "If you want to."

But even with that carefree response, I feel obliged to.

"When everyone's asleep.."

I felt my phone vibrate. I freeze, wondering what I should do. He glances at me, displeased. I smile nervously and throw the phone on the ground. It was my parents. I'm so dead tomorrow.

He leads me over to the blanket and we sit down. He breathes deeply.

"I'm sorry for making you stay. I can't help it. I want to see you longer than just 2 hours."

"It's alright."

He beams at me. He puts his hands on my shoulders. I sharply inhale at his touch. I felt him push me back on the blanket. I look at him, surprised beyond sanity.

"I'll be soft.", he whispers.

My heart starts to thump. It had been dead all this time. At this moment, it was living. I felt it burst out of my chest as he came closer. He kissed me. Our first kiss. His lips slow and soft against mines. It was innocent, I told myself. It wasn't even French.

"I can't be away from you.", he murmurs.

I watch his fingers reach my blouse. He s it. "Uh.", I say, pushing his hands away.

"Don't fight it.", he says.

My blouse is thrown away. I look at the moon. Its light casts on us dimly. He murmurs sweet nothings in my ear.

"The prettiest fiancee.", he says.

It was my first time that night. He held onto me, his hands gentle.

"It's a long night, sweetheart.", he says with adoration.

He pressed himself onto me. I didn't resist.

"Don't be afraid.", he said.

Curiosity took over me as I felt him. I let it continue and soon, it turned into pleasure. I felt myself tense. Ji-Yong was busy and he didn't answer my silent calls. Was this how it felt?

The cold sweat that covered both of our bodies. He still held me after. We looked up at my present and the moon. He hugs me tightly.

"I want to wake up in the morning with you by my side. Let's wake up together."

I his cheek. "Alright. Whatever you want."

He gasps and hugs me tighter. "Adorable.", he murmurs.

I never slept like this before. A slumber that was actually warm for a change. I wanted more. I had caught the scent that had flirted with me. I felt myself stumble after it, enchanted.

"Mm.", I whimpered in the morning.

Ji-Yong smiled and wrapped the blanket around my body. "There you go."

"Thanks." But that's not what I wanted.

"I'll drive you home.", he says.

"Already? I can't stay?", I ask him.

He looks at me, surprised. "I-If you want to."

I hold him back. "Baby..."

"Stay with me.", he says, hugging me. "Don't go home...ever."

I smile. "Alright."