Safe House [Baekris]

Boys' Love ` ( collection

author: jwhong005 / written: 20130410 / pairing: baekris / rating: pg / based off of the host / cr: tumblr

 

In which Wu Yifan is desperate to hold onto the last piece of sanity he has.

 

 

 

It's seven thirty in the morning, the sun has barely risen just yet and no sane person or animal has woken up from their heavy slumbers. Sleep is hard to come by and seldom is it possible to feel safe with them lingering around somewhere--anywhere. There is a way to tell who is human and who is not but taking risks isn't in Yifan's agenda anymore. He needs to keep a certain Byun Baekhyun safe and it has proven harder than he originally thought.

 

He has his long limbs wrapped around his boyfriend, cradling him to his chest with his large dog at the foot of the bed. The golden retriever stirs when Yifan does but otherwise does not wake up. Yifan takes his time, observing each one of Baekhyun's facial features, drinking in how adorable he looks sleeping. So innocent, so pure, face clean of any cream (although this is something Yifan cannot bear a day without even though he insists constantly that Baekhyun doesn't need it) or form of makeup. It has been a while since their last real shower but otherwise he smells pretty, a distinct smell that Yifan can't place his finger on.

 

Downstairs a loud banging is heard and Yifan jolts up. Baekhyun groans, unable to keep the sound from escaping his lips at his boyfriend's sudden movements that disrupted his sleep. It had been so long since he had gotten more than three hours of sleep without having to worry about them. With Yifan he can feel safe sometimes.

 

"Crap. Baek, we have to get out of here. You go with Chanyeol and I'll hurry behind." Yifan whispered in a hushed tone, shoving a duffel bag with their scarce belongings into the smaller boy's arms, nudging Chanyeol with his foot to wake him up. 

 

At the rushed movement of his owner, Chanyeol cracks open both of his brown eyes, looking to both humans for some kind of explanation. He, too, had grown tired of the constant moving. But the fear of those things coming for him, possessing him was too scary to slow down. Even animals could not help but feel fear.

 

"I can't go without you!" Baekhyun answers, arms clutching the bag tightly with one hand as he tries to hold onto Yifan to no avail. "Please, you can't go down there alone. It isn't safe. If they catch you then I'll be alone. You'll be leaving me and Chanyeol. You promised Yifan!"

 

Yifan kisses his boyfriend goodbye quickly, grabbing a small gun from beneath his pillow, loading it with a full round before bounding out of the room. He can't look back or else Baekhyun's facial expression will be all that is necessary to drag him back to that bed. He knows he has to get rid of them so that Baekhyun can get away. 

 

As suspected there is three of them downstairs, checking every nook and cranny for any form of life that they can take back. Seekers they are referred to. Their eyes have a certain un-human glow to them that makes them stick out in the dimly lit house. Yifan  his gun, prepared to fire when one Seeker looks up towards the staircase, eyes narrowing. The Seeker gestures to the staircase with fingers that should not be his to control. In unison the other Seekers look, preparing their weapons--their supposed peaceful weapons--to get the human awaiting his or her capture.

 

Time is running out and Yifan won't let them get near him. He bounds down the stairs, firing wildly at those rushing at him with vigor. Luckily he has more than enough bullets, knocking all three of them out cold onto the floor. Making sure the safety is flicked back on, he stuffs the gun into the back of his jeans that need serious cleaning, kneeling down to pat down the Seekers for anything that may be of use. All he finds is their "medicine" tucked away in their suit jacket pockets. The once pure white suits are now stained with red and Yifan can't help but feel a short pain of remorse. Before Korea was invaded, these people dying on the floor were once like Yifan but not anymore.

 

"T-They're ... they're dead?" Yifan hears someone call out to him. He knows it's Baekhyun right away, especially with Chanyeol's incessant panting in the background. "You had to shoot them. Why did you have to shoot them? We could've helped them!"

 

The statement makes Yifan clench his fists, trying to bury his face into his hands. He knows he could've saved those people somehow. But he's no doctor. In fact he was nothing more than a guy fresh out of college. He had no medical work experience unless dissecting a digital frog in biology could be counted. The cold, glowing eyes that were once staring at him are now closed, almost peaceful looking.

 

"I had to do it." Yifan says in a small voice, rising to his feet. There's nothing else to do in the abandoned house. "We have to keep moving unless you want to get caught. C'mon Chanyeol, c'mon boy. We have to get going." The dog trots over to his master's side, looking up expectantly at him. "There's a safe house my uncle had been preparing supposedly. We can go there. It's in China though so it'll take some time unfortunately."

 

Baekhyun wants to believe Yifan but he can't. "No more killing?"

 

"No more killing."

 

"Let's--let's just be safe again. Please, Yifan. I ... I want this to all end. We should go to your uncle's safe house."