Yunho's POV

The Servant Boy

.

 

 

Yoshiwara, Japan, 1793.


The others had invited Yunho to go to Spider Lillie with them - the infamous all-male brothel house. Honestly, Yunho does not fancy going to such places as these no matter how many times they say it is suppose to be so glamorous and high-class. And mainly, Yunho just does not like associating with this group that had somehow become his ‘friends’ no thanks to his father. Because of his father now Yunho have to mingle with these spoiled rich brats so their families could keep good business relations.

But as much as Yunho hated to admit it, after the first couple times they've went to Spider Lillie Yunho have found one thing good about the place. It is the boy who served them wine and cakes, and Yunho does not mean one of the geisha boys, but the servant boy who brings them the refilled wine flasks and plates of sweet cakes that Yunho does not care for and retrieves their empty ones. Of course, he does not directly come into their room to do all this. Instead, he stays in the corridors and hands the trays to the geisha boys through the sliding doors. Even so, Yunho could still see quite clearly from where Yunho always sat he was quite a lovely sight.

Compared to the geisha boys bundled up in their elaborate multi-layered kimonos with their over powdered faces, painted lips and false lashes (not to mention yellow teeth) this servant boy was pure. He had a clean flawless face and simple kimono that showed just the finest slit of skin from his neck down to his chest, and yet Yunho think he represented the only innocence that was left in that brothel.

Then on a certain night Yunho finally got the chance to come up close to the servant boy Yunho had been dreaming about. The others were drinking and playing silly games with the geisha boys as usual when the screen doors slid open and there he was. 

No one seemed to notice so Yunho went up to get the tray of wine and sweets even though it was not customary to, as Yunho was the guest. But he just could not resist. The boy had the most beautiful set of big brown eyes, long nature lashes and the plushest pink lips that reminded him of sakura petals, Yunho thought. He also had the most adorable expression when he looked up at Yunho surprised as Yunho unintentionally came so close to him.

"It's alright, I can take this," Yunho said as he switched their empty tray for the full one the other was holding.

"B-but this is..." the boy murmured warily. 

Yunho felt the other's hands slipped through his with the exchange of trays. Yunho thought the saw the boy blushed, or he hoped he did.

"It is not a problem, trust me," Yunho assured him softly, and placed the tray aside. 

Yunho heart skipped a beat when the other showed the sweetest smile before he bowed and slid the door shut. It was then Yunho had realized he had forgotten to ask for his name. He was too spellbinded by the boy.

 

Yunho waited for his next chance when the other came to refill their trays, but he never came. Yunho was tired of watching the show of drunken morons and did not even make an excuse to leave the room. 

He decided to venture through the quarters to seek for the nameless servant boy. Luckily, it did not take long. Although, it was due to a sound of broken plates which caused Yunho to turn around and it was him at the end of that very corridor.

The boy was kneeling on the ground picking up the broken pieces and fallen food back on to the tray beside him as a geisha boy was shrieking about his ruined kimono and blaming it on his adorable servant boy. Yunho wanted to go up there to help him, no save him, when the geisha boy raised his folded fan in the air as though he was about strike it down on the boy. Just when Yunho was going to stop the geisha a large man pushed passed Yunho from behind and scolded them both. Others around were looking and simply giggled and went back to working and chattering.

Briefly, the large man left with the geisha and his poor adorable servant boy went back to cleaning up the floor. Yunho couldn't just stand there and watch so he went to help him. But when he got to him Yunho could only pick up the last piece of a broken plate. He handed it to the boy who thanked Yunho and bowed his head. 

The servant boy stood there looking up with his big brown eyes on Yunho for a long second before he turned away sharply. Then he quickly shuffled away. Even from that short moment Yunho saw the shade of red on the boy's cheeks and tips of his ears. And right then he thought that boy was the cutest thing in the world.


Before Yunho knew it he lost him again, and he still had not gotten a name. The noise inside the brothel was too much for him, had to get away, so Yunho went out into the garden where there were nothing but trees and flowers. From afar he could still hear them but it was soft enough that Yunho could breathe well again without having every other geisha boy he cross try to pounce at him with their strange smelling perfume. Yunho have heard this was a scent they used to seduce you, but it just made him want to vomit at this point.

He walked further into the garden but stayed near the wall so he would not get lost. That was the plan, though Yunho had not anticipated it to also lead him to his lovely servant boy. 

The other was surrounded by wooden buckets filled with water, and one by one he poured the contains down into a narrow canal that goes out the wall of the brothel. Yunho supposed this was what he does when he is not serving wine and teas to the rooms. Maybe that was why Yunho did not want to interrupt him, in his duty. But the buckets look almost like large barrows next to the boy, and he was not a petit size.

Suddenly, the boy stopped with the last emptied bucket held over on his shoulder. He looked like a statue, not moving, eyes focused on the ground. Why was he not moving? Yunho thought. 

Then the other dropped the bucket with a loud clunk that echoed through the garden and scared a bird that came out of nowhere and flew over his head. Surprised, Yunho stepped back to avoid the bird causing the sound of the tiny pebbles under his shoes to make a noise.

The servant boy saw Yunho but did not move. Instead, it was those big beautiful eyes filled with tears that struck him, through his heart. Yunho knew then that he had to take this boy away, away from this place.

And make this boy his.

 

 

.