Chapter 32:

Doll Lover

Chapter 32: Kai's Confession? 

 

Kai rubbed the ring on his finger, he bit his lips lightly while looking at the diamond crafted ring. "It's a secret I had been keeping from someone..." 

 

"It was just a few years ago... I was, well, a rebel, not that I'm not one right now. I would do anything just to get whatever I want, even a person..." He looked up at Hyemi, and she raised an eyebrow. "And?" 

 

He shook his head. "There was this girl I met when I was in my worst state, to the point that I couldn't even feel my legs anymore." He smiled a little. "... I actually thought of her as an annoying brat you see. Her attitude is bratty, and she doesn't even care if I'm not acknowledging her presence."

 

Hyemi nodded, her fingers unconsciously started playing with Luhan's porcelein hands.

 

Kai's smile never fades. "She literally dragged me all the way towards the hospital, threatened the nurse for a room and treated my wounds with her own hands." He turned to Hyemi and said.

 

Hyemi raised an eyebrow. "Why do I have a feeling that I know who you're talking about?" Kai let out a short laugh. "Of course you do." He said and reached his hand into his pocket, his fingers searched for a certain item in the pocket. "She was a brat, an annoying brat who always expects others to do things her way. And because of that, she's the only one whom I don't seem or will get along with..." He stated.

 

"She would dare to shove down a chunk of hot steaming spoon of porridge down my throat, force a glass of water on me and basically everything. I sometimes feel like I'm not older than her, but she is."  

 

"It was weird, but after I had recovered , we never see each other anymore..." He said as he pulls out a necklace from his pocket. "This is the only thing she left that day. I don't know if its on purpose, or is it just a coincidence."

 

"Probably on purpose." Hyemi rolled her eyes. "I mean who would be as clumsy as to forget their own necklaces?"

 

Kai laughed again. "Yeah..." He rubbed the pendant, still smiling. "... After a few months, I met her again." He said while turning to Hyemi.

 

She nodded. "Keep going." She said, hugging Luhan tight as she was anticipating the next sentence Kai was about to say. 

 

"She was as beautiful as ever, not that she wasn't. She looked matured compared to months ago where she acts like a total brat. She felt... more like a lady then..." Hyemi nodded. I swear his smile is about to rip his face apart... She had the urge to grab a bowl of popcorn and pepsi while he continues his story. "So where did you see her again?" 

 

Kai turned to her with an eyebrow raised. "It was fate." He said, causing Hyemi to feel shivers down her spine. "Ew, cheesy. Quit joking and state the truth." She smacked Kai's arm and giggled. Kai froze for a moment and looked at Luhan, even though he had his eyes closed, Kai would still fear that Luhan would suddenly open his eyes and eye stab him.

 

He pushed himself further from Hyemi and cleared his throat. "I'm not kidding, it's the truth." He stated. "The moment I opened my eyes, there she was, staring at me with those huge eyes of hers." He said.

 

Hyemi blinked her eyes in confusion. "When you said you open your eyes..."

 

"I'm already a doll by then." He said while shaking his head. "I don't even know why. The only thing I know is that there's a voice of a mid age woman's before I close my eyes."

 

Hyemi grew curious and let out a huge grin. "So... What was a last thing you did or see before you turn into a doll?" She asked sneakily, catching Kai off guard.

 

Kai's eyes widened and gulped. "Well... Th-that..." He looked away in embarrassment.

 

"A fruit?" She tilted her head and asked. He hesitated, but nodded right then.

 

She tapped her chin and thought deeply. "Watermelon?"

 

"Do I look like I love watermelons?" He snapped at her and said. "I'm not as dumb as to eat a watermelon while walking on the streets-"

 

"So it's banana?" He froze and stared at her with wide eyes. Hyemi blinked her eyes for 2 times, then slowly cracked up. "Seriously?!!" She covered and laughed loudly, as Kai could only sit there, enduring her laughs while his ears grew red.

 

"Cut it-" She couldn't stop.

 

"YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Kai glared at her with his arms folded. "Sorry." She said and wiped her tears. "Seriously, bananas? You poor thing." She laughed for one last time and sat back down, her poker face turned back.

 

Kai face palmed. Regrets... His brows twitched in annoyance.

 

"So..." Hyemi grinned and folded her arms. "It's Kristine hm?" His ears grew red again. "S-shut up..." He looked away.

 

She chuckled and leaned back in a comfortable position, her arms secured around Luhan's small body. "Why do you even tell me these anyway?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

He sighed. "You seem like a person who can keep secrets, and I need someone to talk to... To let out the frustrations and stuffs... Like how you girls talk to each other to let out the frustrations? Something like that-"

 

"So you're a girl?"

 

He looked at her with a blank, and somehow annoyed expression. "No." He said  

 

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." She smiled and said, waving Luhan's hand at him. 

 

"Thanks-"

 

"... If you listen to my demands of course." She smile turned into a smirk while placing her index finger on her lips.

 

He looked at her in disbelief. "You wouldn't-"

 

"Oh, I would, Kim Jongin-ssi." She shrugged. "I'm not a really good keeper unless I have benefits you see."

 

Kai glared at her. "I swear you-"

 

"Kris-" Kai covered her lips and nodded. "FINE STOP TALKING!"

 

She slapped his hand away and laughed. "KRIST-"

 

"What?" Kris raised an eyebrow while leaning against the door. "And I thought what happened, so Kai wants another master now?" He asked, smirking at them badly.

 

Kai's eyes widened and he glared at Hyemi, mouthing 'I'll kill you if you dare tell anyone about it' to her before getting up.

 

As he got to the door, he could feel Kristine's annoyed glare at him, mentally smiling, he turned to Hyemi and waved.

 

Hyemi stuck her tongue out and slammed the door closed, then giggled slightly and went to Luhan. "You heard that? I never knew someone like Kristine would have Kai to like." She patted Luhan's head then tapped his forehead. "I wonder if a brat like you would like someone too..." She mumbled and looked at the window.

 

"When will tomorrow come..."

 

I'm lonely already... 

 


 

I'll spoil you with updates later at night 'cause this author won't be able to update next saturday and sunday. ;D

This is a Kai chapter so I'll use Kai. xD

Please wait patiently until tonight, 'cause this author needs to get herself a new Hoodie, Cap and Headphones for safety on Saturday *I might not get any sleep due to my friends' annoying screams that night (I'm going on a trip btw. And I know I'm so dead 'cause I'll be dying on the bed while my friends scream and yell and WHATEVER THEY DO MY EARDRUMS WILL BURST SO I NEED TO GET MYSELF HEADPHONES)

Now you wouldn't want your author to get deaf right? You'll let her buy her headphones first right? :3

Byebye~ Yixing gege loves you too <3 张艺兴爱你哦~ :3