The Cafe

Chance Meetings

Title: Chapter One
Author: brookieboo
Date: 5/4/2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shin Soohyun’s POV~
I opened the door to the dorm, holding a piece of paper in one hand, waving to my band mates with the other. I had surprisingly lost to everyone in a game of Kai Pai Bo. Thus my fate now is to run to the café down the street and get everyone some coffee. I exited the building, turning sharply to the right, and continued walking briskly towards the modest cafe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kang Shin Ri’s POV~
“Umma! I’m going out now! I’ll be back around ten tonight,” I called to my mother as I ran out the front door, hardly giving her anytime to reply. I was on my way to my favorite café in the whole city. It was conveniently located just around the corner from my house, so I could easily walk to it.
I was a regular at the small coffee, usually going everyday for my cappuccinos. So today shouldn’t be any different, I thought as I rounded the corner. Being so familiar with the route as I was, I was watching a video on my iPod, of my favorite K-Pop group, Girls’ Generation. I idolized them, and sometimes wished I could be just like them too. While watching the video, I approached the door, not seeing the young man walking out.
“OWCH!! What th—!!” he yelled, or tried to, as his voice suddenly died. He dropped the eight coffees he was carrying, and looked at me wide-eyed as I sat on the ground. I had been semi-soaked in the spilled coffee, and my iPod had fallen and skidded off somewhere. I looked up at the boy as well, eyes just as wide as his, watching him frantically open and close his mouth, visibly trying to speak.
“Oh no. Umma is going to be so angry!!” I spoke quietly to myself, still looking at the man. I stood up, still focused on him, and put a hand on his shoulder to calm him, “Annyeonghaseyo. I am Kang Shin Ri. Mianheyo, but I believe I just stole your voice.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soohyun’s POV
After paying the cashier, getting mobbed by a few fan girls, I finally walking through the door with my eight coffees in tow. I checked my phone as I walked through the glass doors, and I didn’t see the girl who was engrossed in her iPod.
“OWCH!! What th—!!” I yelled, or at least I tried to. My voice just died after I started yelling at her. I stared at her as she sat there on ground, and could scarcely feel the carrier slip out of my hand and fall to the ground. The coffee spilled over most of her clothes, and I tried to apologize to her. When no sound was coming out, I started to kind of freak out, trying to scream, talk, whatever I could to make noise from my mouth.
“Oh no. Umma is going to be so angry!!” I heard her speak quietly to herself. I didn’t pay her much mind anymore, since I was more focused on speaking at the moment. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I stopped my efforts. I looked at her, noticing she had stood up, and watched as she smiled, opening to speak.
“Annyeonghaseyo. I am Kang Shin Ri. Mianheyo, but I believe I just stole your voice.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here’s chapter one!!
Hope you all like it, since I was having issues with how to set the story rolling.
I’ll be updating my OneDay story sometime next week, after I’m done with my research paper and my oral presentation.
English III Honors …T-T
Peace out.