Chapter 1

Because the World is Imperfect...

Jaejoong dragged his tired body to the door as the doorbell rang continuously.

"Chunnie." Jaejoong deadpanned as he opened the door to reveal his best friend. Yoochun looks good as usual. Every strand of his dark hair was in place, a big smile resting on his face adding a twinkle to those eyes. He looks disgustingly good on a day like this.

Yoochun sighed in relief, "I thought you were dead."

"Kind of. I was sleeping." Jaejoong said as he walked back to the living room, not bothering to usher Yoochun in.

Yoochun followed in despite that, already used to his best friend's nochalant attitude, "Sleeping? It's 3 in the afternoon."

"I have nothing else to do."

Yoochun frowned in concern as he examined Jaejoong. His beautiful friend looks... Well, he never thought he could say that of Jaejoong, but he looks awful. Messy hair, dark circles and heavy eyebags, pale skin and skinnier than usual frame.

Jaejoong sank into the sofa, burying his face into his hands, "What are you doing here? For a moment I thought someone is finally responding to my advertisement."

"Well, someone is responding." Yoochun said matter-of-factly.

It was only then that Jaejoong noticed the luggage in Yoochun's hand, "What do you mean?"

"I am the one responding! I am your new tenant!" Yoochun announced happily, holding his luggage up.

"What?" Jaejoong rolled his eyes, "Stop the joke and get back to your pig sty."

Yoochun feigned hurt, "How could you say that? Well, you have rooms to rent and I need a place nearer to where I work. This is perfect. Don't worry, I will pay the rent on time."

Jaejoong sighed, "I know you're just worried about me, Chunnie. This place is further from your workplace than your own house. Just because my heart is broken does not mean my brain malfunctions too."

Yoochun placed his luggage down on the floor and sat down gently beside Jaejoong, "Well, if you know I am worried about you, then let me stay here. Let me make sure you are all right."

Jaejoong looked up at Yoochun's face before sighing in defeat. He knows his best friend too well, once he has his heart set on something, nothing in the world can change his mind, "Fine. You take your pick."

Yoochun took a victory dance, "I want the bigger one of course." He declared as he skipped into his new room.

Jaejoong rolled his eyes, exasperated. Now he is sure he will have a lot more work to do, considering how untidy Yoochun tends to be. He was about to get back into his bed to hibernate when the doorbell rang once again.

"What's up with today, " He murmured as he unwillingly dragged his feet to the door. The door opened, revealing a handsome man.

"Hi, I saw an advertisement at the main road. Is the room still available?" He asked politely.

Jaejoong briefly scanned the guy in front of him. He has short black hair, dark eyes, a sharp nose and well defined jaws. Well, in other words, he is very good looking. Too bad Jaejoong is not interested in guys.

"What's your name?" Jaejoong asked. He knows better than to rent his room to some random stranger.

"Yunho." He answered, "I work as an interior designer at the company just two streets down your house. So I thought it will be good to save some travelling time."

He handed Jaejoong a namecard.

Jaejoong examined the card. Indeed, the company is just two streets down. He scanned the guy once again. He seems harmless enough. And there's Yoochun here who knows martial arts, he supposed there would not be any problem.

"All right. Your room is the one towards the right. Everything in the room can be used. You are free to use the kitchen, the laundry room and the television too. But other rooms are out of bound." Jaejoong said, "I am Jaejoong, by the way. You can call me Jae."

--

Yunho smiled as he examined his new room. It was perfect. Not too big, but enough to live comfortably. Beats being stuck in the traffic for hours every mornings and evenings.

And not to mention the drop dead gorgeous landlord. With his huge doe eyes, fair skin and slender figure, he is easily one of the most beautiful guys Yunho has ever laid his eyes on. But too bad, he's probably not into men. And too bad, Yunho has no time for relationships at the moment.

Well, but still... he's a pleasant sight every morning.

--