Bad News

LOVE Square

Yong Hwa ran across the street. Tears streaming down his eyes, a bright light shining on him, a loud honking sound next to him somewhere… then BAM! Yong Hwa was sprawled on the snowy ground, blood all over the snow; staining it. Shin Hye immediately ran over to him and started crying, calling for help. She carefully picked her unconscious prince up and cried in his shoulder. Yong Hwa was also crying but the tears were from before. He was holding that necklace again but he was now weak and has no energy to leave it in his hand so he dropped it on the floor. His tears were wetting Shin Hye’s jacket and they were fresh, meaning that Yong Hwa was still conscious, just not willing to move in Shin Hye’s arms. They both continues to cry on one other, except Shin Hye doesn’t know that Yong Hwa is conscious. Shin Hye noticed the necklace on the bloody snow, picked it up, whipped the red snow off it, and put it in her pocket.

“O…” Yong Hwa muttered.

Shin Hye was confused… “I will look at the necklace again when I get home,” she thought to herself.

 

       Yong Hwa was rushed to a nearby hospital. After all the operation to see if anything was broken, the doctors gave him a sleeping pill.

        “The patient is sleeping now. We gave him a sleeping pill so that he will sleep soundly,” the head doctor explained, “He has head trauma and might have some memory loss. As for his body, he has 3 broken fingers, his arm is badly scratched, which lost a lot of blood, and his foot is sprained.”

        After hearing this, Yong Hwa’s eomma burst into tears.

        The doctor laughed wearily, “Don’t worry, after a few days here in the hospital, he will be released with casts on his fingers, crutches, and possibly will have a band-aid cloth wrapped on his badly scratched arm.”

        Yong Hwa’s eomma was reassured but was still worried. That night, the worried 6 year old and the eomma’s slept in the hospital.

       

        When dawn arrived, Shin Hye woke up surprisingly and went into Yong Hwa’s room. She sad by his side and squeezed his hand tightly; praying that he would wake up soon. She also put a batch of small flowers in the palm of his hand. Yong Hwa’s eyes fluttered.

        Yong Hwa’s POV

        Someone came into my room at about dawn. I wasn’t sure but some light shone through the cracks under the curtains. The person sat on my bed next to me and squeezed my hand hard. I couldn’t help but flutter my eyes in pain. Even though I was fine, I was still weak.

        End of POV

 

        “Yong Hwa, please wake up,” Shin Hye pleaded, eyes filling with tears again.

        Yong Hwa reluctantly opened his eyes. Shin Hye was surprised that he actually woke up. Yong Hwa was feeling confusion and pain. He didn’t recognize the girl next to him. She looked very familiar.

        “Yong!” Shin Hye exclaimed, “You’re awake!”

        “Heh, um… who are you?” Yong Hwa asked quietly, letting go of Shin Hye’s grip on his hand.

        Shin Hye was stunned. She didn’t know what to say. She was Yong Hwa’s best friend for 6 years and he didn’t recognize her.

        “What is going on here?” Shin Hye asked herself, very worried.

        Just then, the doctor came in to check on Yong Hwa when he spotted Shin Hye there.

        “Doctor, what’s wrong with Yong Hwa? He says he doesn’t remember me,” Shin Hye said, standing up from the bed.

        Yong Hwa just looked at the Shin Hye, then the doctor, then back to Shin Hye.

        The doctor laughed warily, “He might have some temporary memory loss for a week or so. It’s natural to have some memory loss after head trauma. Shin Hye, please go outside. I need to do some check-up’s on Yong Hwa.”

        “Ne…” Shin Hye said sadly, trudging to the door. She looked one final time over her shoulder to Yong Hwa. Shin Hye sighed. “I have to wait a week or so until Yong Hwa remembers me? I can’t take that.” Shin Hye ran out of the hospital and to the pond where she fell in 4 months ago.

        Shin Hye took out the necklace from her pocket and examined it. It has a silver chain and a star clasp holding onto a small moon that was cut so that it changes colors. It is originally sky blue (this is a real necklace that I have but without the words). Engraved on the clasp is the initials PSH and on the moon, on the top, are the initials JYH. Shin Hye went into another crying fit.

        “Yong… doesn’t remember me!” she sobbed, “This is all my fault. If I didn’t have my crave for apple cider then I could have listen to what Yong Hwa was going to say and he wouldn’t have forgotten me!

        This is all my fault…

        He likes me… and I like him…”