Prologue

Felice Cantabile [Harmonized Heartbeats]

"Ya Taeyeon, are you sure about this? You can back-out. We are only here in your house." Sooyoung said as she enter my house.

 

 

"Yeah! I'm sure. Didn't you know me?" I'm full with confidence as I said it. It's because I already dreamed of it when I was a little kid.

 

 

"Whatever."

 

 

After we went outside our house, we rode a taxi.

 

 

"Ya Taeyeon, are you sure about this? You can back-out. We are only here in the taxi." Sooyoung said when we entered the taxi.

 

 

"Yeah! I'm sure. Didn't you know me?" I'm full of confidence as I said it. It's because I already dreamed of it when I was a little kid.

 

 

After we went out the taxi, Sooyoung talked again.

 

 

"Ya Taeyeon, are you sure about this? You can back-out. We are only here in front of Haewon."

 

 

"Yeah. I'm sure. Didn't you---"

 

 

"DON'T DARE TO COME NEAR US! OR ELSE I'LL SLASH THIS OLD WOMAN'S NECK!"

 

 

And how he dare to interrupt my dialogue, huh? I see an unkempt, ugly, toothless, bald and a vagrant man hostaging an old woman. Wait, HOSTAGE?

 

 

I ran behind a post then after that, I showed myself wearing a Wonderwoman outfit.

 

 

Just kidding. That's only my imagination. This is what really happened.

 

 

"HEY UNKEMPT, UGLY, TOOTHLESS, BALD AND A VAGRANT PERSON! LET GO OF HER!"

 

 

"OH AND YOU CRITICIZE MY APPEARANCE, HUH? YOU WANT ME TO KILL YOU FIRST?"

 

 

"Are you out of your mind? If you will kill me, you'll let go of her. Hello? Then you'll end with no hostage."

 

 

"Yeah, you're right." he said then he scratch off his head.

 

 

I come up near him, Sooyoung just grip my wrist. "Don't worry bestfriend, I'll make this old man lost."

 

 

"Ya, I have a pick-up line, you want to hear?"

 

 

He looked at me. "Do you think I'll be fooled with that?"

 

 

"I'm not fooling you. I need to share this before the world ends."

 

 

"Really?" he said unbelievably.

 

 

"Are you a flood?"

 

 

"Why?" his forehead wrinkled.

 

 

"Because carabaos lay eggs."

 

 

He laughed hard. "Hahahahaha! Carabaos lay eggs? BOOM!"

 

 

While he was laughing, I came up nearer to him, until I held  the old woman's hand, but still he didn't notice it. The other people who are in the scene are only staring in us, some are just controlling their laughs. There are also police in the scene. Huh! They didn't help me! They are the first ones to laugh! Hmm. Maybe this hostag-taker has a pyschological problem.

 

 

"Hey, Another BOOM! I didn't see it, please?" and again, he yelled, "BOOM!" he already let go of the old woman's neck. But he's still holding the knife.

 

 

"Hey. It's not good to see you holding a knife while yelling 'BOOM'. Hand it to me then say 'BOOM' again."

 

 

He handed me the knife and I brought the old woman to my back. I'm holding now the knife. Then he said, "BOOM!"

 

 

"Another one!" we are already distancing ourselves to him. "Do it a lot of times so it is effective!"

 

 

"BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!" he never stopped yelling.

 

 

I already brought the old woman out of the scene then I looked at the police. "Ya! What are you looking at? Go get him! Don't laugh just because your tummies get flattened."

 

 

"Little lady, thanks for saving me." the old woman said then she let out her wallet.

 

 

"That's okay, no need." wow. It looks like this old woman is rich. She has 50 thousand won paper billS. I repeat, billS. Plural.

 

 

"Get it Taeyeon, then we go shopping." I patted her head after she whispered that. Even though I'm drooling with the money, I am still shy to get that.

 

 

"You're such jokers, kids. What are your names?"

 

 

"I'm Taeyeon, and she's Sooyoung. I'm sorry if it's been a weird rescue earlier. I had no choice but to do it."

 

 

"That's okay. At least you saved me from that monster."

 

 

I smiled. "We need to go. Bye!" I waved at her then we continued walking to Haewon's front gate.

 

 

"Ya Taeyeon, are you sure about this? You can back-out. We are only here in front of Haewon's gate."

 

 

"Yeah. I'm sure. Didn't you--- wait, you repeated that many times, huh? You're annoying. I will continue this." I said then I continued walking inside Haewon University.

 

 

My dreams will start here. FIGHTING!