At ease

Putting Sungjong at ease

 

Dongwoo grinned hugely, waving at the fans as he entered the van, followed by Hoya and both buckled up as the manager started telling them their flaws at today’s activity. Hoya started discussing but Dongwoo just stared outside before logging to twitter. He scrolled down some fan account and saw that they had tweeted about ‘yadong’ again which made him laugh a bit.

                “Hoya, they wrote about ‘Yadong’ again.” He announce and showed his phone to Hoya as he read.

“[FANACCOUNT] Hoya carried Dongwoo in a piggyback! It was so cute. #YADONG”

“[FANACCOUNT] Dongwoo cheered as Hoya competed and even held up little pom poms #YADONG”

“[FANACCOUNT] Dongwoo kissed Hoya’s cheek when he won and both started dancing together in celebration. These two are TOTES ing. #YADONG”

We both bursted out in laughter as the manager picked up a phone call and started nodding. We kept reading until the voice of our manager called our attention.

“Dongwoo, Sungjong is feeling sick so I don’t think you’ll want to sleep in his room.” The manager’s voice captured me and just with those words he had my undivided attention.

“Sick? How? What’s wrong with him?” His forehead creased in worry as he asked the manager.

“He just told the other manager he wasn’t feeling well and locked himself in his room.” The manager explained.

“What were they doing?” Hoya asked.

“They were watching you guys live when he suddenly felt awry.” The Manager replied as he a corner.

Dongwoo’s eyes filled with understanding as he settled back and rubbed his eyes. Of course, Sungjong must’ve seen the interaction with Hoya.

Sungjong and Dongwoo had been over this; that ‘Yadong’ was purely to please the fans just like his skinship with U-Kiss members and others.  Sungjong must have not been as convinced by Dongwoo’s words as the latter thought because if it was true what he thought, and Sungjong was being jealous over the ‘Yadong’ skinship in the promotion, Dongwoo needed to make it up.

Suddenly he leaned in and asked the manager if they could stop on an ice cream store on the way home and after a bit of whining, the manager complied. 

Dongjong knew only a small way to get into Sungjong’s room to talk and that was by getting him his favorite. Maybe it would not be that much but if it got Sungjong to open up, it was worth it.  

The Manager parked in front of the store as Hoya and Dongwoo got down and bought a cup of everyone’s favorite, deciding who paid with a game of rock, paper, scissors which Dongwoo lost. They got in the van and Dongwoo tried to rush the manager with the excuse of the ice cream melting.

Hoya was the first one to get off and open the door, calling to the other members as Dongwoo followed, putting the bag filled with cups in the table and watching as everyone came out excited for their ice creams. Everyone except Sungjong.

Dongwoo sighed as the door remained closed and grabbed the little green cup, walking to it and knocking.

“Who is it?” A soft voice with an edge came from the other side.

“Dongwoo…” Dongwoo said softly.

“Go away I don’t want to talk to you.” The voice said and Dongwoo heard an edge of hurt.

“I have Green tea ice cream.” Dongwoo held it up in its bag as if Sungjong could see it.

“I don’t care at--” Suddenly the door opened and he grabbed the ice cream but didn’t manage to close the it before Dongwoo put his foot in the middle.

To be realistic, Sungjong didn’t stand a chance against Dongwoo and it in was visible in his eyes as the latter pushed the door more and entered, closing it after himself. He continued to slump in his bed with his ice cream and opened it, grabbing a bite with his spoon while narrowing his eyes at the Shark like boy.

“What’s wrong?” Dongwoo asked even though he knew.

Sungjong sighed and looked at him like if the boy in front of him was dumb.

“Really, now? Are you that oblivious?” the maknae asked.

Dongwoo bit his lower lip and sat beside Sungjong before the maknae squirmed farther away.

“Yah! Stop it.” Dongwoo pouted and pecked Sungjong’s cheek.

“Stop it you.” He pouted, grabbing another spoonful of his ice cream.

Dongwoo sighed and rested his chin on Sungjong’s shoulder.

“Sungjongie~ How many times have I told you the only one for me is you?” He looks at his ice cream, playing with the spoon as Dongwoo stares at him.

Dongwoo pecks his cheek lightly and Sungjong looks at Dongwoo, his resolve melting at the older’s smoldering eyes.

“I’m not leaving until you forgive me.” Dongwoo insisted.

“And even if I forgive you, you are not leaving, are you?” Sungjongie said, smiling slightly.

Dongwoo chuckled and nodded in affirmation.

“Never leaving.” Dongwoo said softly and leaned in, pecking the maknae’s lips gently.

“How much do you love me, Dongwoo?” Sungjong bit his lower lip, flustering softly.

“Too much to put into words.” The little shark boy said and grinned at the younger.

Sungjong cupped Dongwoo’s face and leaned in, kissing him fully in the lips. Dongwoo kissed him back before pulling away, grinning wide and kissing him in the forehead.

“You worry too much.” He mumbled against the skin.

“I love you too much.” The maknae replied before smiling at Dongwoo.

“Then it’s settled, we’re perfect.” Dongwoo said and Sungjong nodded, interlacing their finger as he rested his head on Dongwoo’s shoulder; feeling at ease.