Final

Baby Don't Cry

 

Luhan looked off into the night as he couldn’t bear to watch the one girl he had ever loved cry in front of him because of a broken heart that he knew that he could have prevented but didn’t because he didn’t want to lose the friendship and trust that he had built with Ayu over the past few years despite that the man that had broken her heart is someone that he knew quite well too.

“Why did he do this to me?? I gave him my heart and soul but he just took it and broke it,” the tanned young woman said with tears in her eyes.

“Shh.. Everything will be alright, Ayu-shi..You deserve someone better because you are such a precious girl and it’s his loss. Don’t cry anymore, baby doll,” Luhan told her as he took her into his arms.

He wiped away her tears and held her in his arms as she sobbed into his chest. Ayu knew that what her friend has said is true but still it hurts and she didn’t think she could heal her broken heart just yet. She listened to the words that were whispered in her ears to cheer her up but it didn’t help much until she felt her face being touched and brought up to look at the face of her baby-faced friend. She was surprised to see the sadness and the love in his eyes as he bent down to kiss her forehead.

“Luhan..,” Ayu began.

“I know that you are hurt and heartbroken now but I wished that you could look at me like you looked at him because I would never break your heart nor take you for granted like he did,” Luhan said and sighed.

“Wae?? Why didn’t you ever tell me that you.. I would never..,” she replied but was cut off by the Chinese teenager.

“Because I didn’t want to ruin our friendship nor do I want to lose you if it didn’t end well for us. I was afraid that everything would change if you didn’t feel the same for me nor do I want to lose you altogether if the relationship didn’t work out and ended. You must think that I am a coward..,” he told her.

He was surprised when he was silenced by the girl with a soft kiss but closed his eyes to savor the moment as if it is the last one. When they broke the kiss, Ayu, gave a sad smile at Luhan and took his hand and placed it onto her heart.

“I give you my heart, Luhan. To be healed and be loved by you if you are willing to take this broken person as she is now. Because I trust you and am willing to take a chance again if..,” Ayu asked when the said young man pulled her into his arms all of a sudden silencing her.

“Don’t say a word, baby doll. You know that I’ll take you as you are and will do anything to see you happy and smiling again. Don’t cry anymore because I will always be there for you no matter what. I promise you that. You are best friend, my partner in crime and my heart,” he whispered into her ear and embraced her.

As if like a burden has been lifted off his shoulders, Luhan felt relief and knew then that everything would be alright again. He smiled to himself as he nuzzled into Ayu’s neck who was teary eyed again but not in sadness but in content because in her mind, she knew that she is safe, loved and protected with Luhan as he is her best friend and with time she will learn to love him as well. The night wore on with the moon shining brightly as the two began to walk off into the streets to go home with the promise of a new beginning and a new chapter for the both of them as they take their relationship to another level.