Unforgettable Memories

Unforgettable Memories (One-Shot)

 

“Byunghun hyung. Let's go. It's time for our next concert. We have to go,” Niel said.

“Wait. Give me a second. I'll need to finish putting on this makeup,” I said as I applied eyeliner.


We all got on stage and had a wonderful time. Once we got offstage I saw my mom.

“Umma. Why are you here?” I asked.

“Hurry and change. I tell you all about it later.” She said. “And make sure you wear something that can help disguise yourself so you aren't as conspicuous.”

 

What's going on? Why is she telling me this?

 

“Hyung. Why is your umma here?” Changjo said as he pulled my sleeve.

“I'm not sure but don't worry I'll be back,” I said with a smile.

“So what are you going to wear?”

“Well. I'm thinking my school uniform. I look good and I'll blend in,” I said. “Hopefully.”

 

Changjo smiled and skipped away. Now I was alone. I put on my clothes and returned back to umma.

“I'm ready. Now where to?” I said happily.

“The car.”


Umma and I walked out of the building and into the parking lot. She unlocked the car. I sat in the passenger side while umma sat on the other side.

“So why are you here umma?” I asked.

“I wanted to talk to you about Jade,”

“Jade? My girlfriend?”I asked. “Waeyo?”

“She's back in Korea.” Umma said. “We're going to go visit her.”


The car ride was quiet. I was confused. I knew that Jade was sick she told me about it on the phone a couple days ago but I also haven't seen her in a couple years. She moved away and since then we've been having a long distance relationship.

“Byunghun. You go in first. I need to park my car,” Umma said.

I nodded and stepped out of the car. I proceeded to walk into the hospital. I waited for umma. Once umma finished we went up to the information desk.

“What room is Jade in?” Umma asked.

The woman behind shuffled through some papers.

“She is in R-14. Turn left and you go straight until you find the room.”

We nodded and thanked the woman.


We walked in the room. There she was. She was in hospital gown, her head was covered with a cap. She looked frail. I almost didn't recognize her at first but around her neck strung the same sunflower charm necklace I gave her.


“Oppa, do you remember me? It's been so long.” She said softly.

“Jade.” I said, still stunned.

She nodded. Her eyes started to fill up with tears. I didn't know what to do. It was just so long since I saw her. All the memories. It all came flooding back into my mind. Seeing her now just so sad. I pulled up a chair and held her hand.

“I'm glad you're here.” She said with tears in her eyes. I got up from my chair and kissed her forehead. She started crying. I didn't know what else to do so I just held onto her hand.

Jade. I love you. Please... don't leave me.

 





Author's Note: Thank you for reading! Remember to comment, subscribe and friend!