School

Hello! Johnny's

Maeda Yuuka x Okamoto Keito

-♥-

“Ah it’s her again…” Keito said quietly. He was seated at the back of the room, next to a window. At the front of the room, Maeda Yuuka stood. She had transferred to his school just a few days ago. On her first day, she managed to charm the whole class, both girls and boys.

Keito watched as she went towards her seat next to him.

“Good morning Okamoto-san!” she chirped; her voice was soft while still remaining energetic.

“Good morning Maeda-san…” Keito blushed, pushing up his glasses. “Damn she’s cute,” he thought. What power did this girl posess that seemed to make Keito shyer than he already was? He never understood why, if he had been in the entertainment business for over five years, he was still so shy?

He shook his head and sat straight, looking at the chalkboard. Lately the new topic was Yuukarin’s retirement from the entertainment world. No one was sure why she quit. It seemed like her career was going so smoothly.

However, while everyone was still taking, she completely ignored the situation. She would somehow change the topic and everyone would forget for the time being. Keito wanted to know too…he read on the newspaper that she was having trouble juggling school and work. That seemed like a lie. A LOT of celebrities do both! Inoo-chan does it. He stared at her in class; what was going through her mind?

-♥-

At lunch, Keito stayed by his desk and took out his bento. It wasn’t as if he had no friends to eat with; he just liked being by himself. As he took a bite into his little octopus and crab hotdogs.

He noticed a shadow on his desk: Maeda Yuuka.

“Hello,” she smiled and plopped herself in front of his desk.

“H-hi,” Keito replied. Yuuka began eating as if she sat at Keito’s desk every day. Keito noticed the rest of the class staring at them.

"Um Yuuka why are y-"

“Uwah~ this beef is so good!” she closed her eyes and smiled cutely. The fanboy inside Keito wished to reach out and hug the life out of her. The class was still watching, enchanted by the little angel's charm.

“Hey Okamoto-san, try this!” she stuck out her pink chopsticks at him. His eyes widened, “What was wrong with this girl?!” he thought.

“Ah~” she called. He slowly took a bite.

“Oi that was an indirect kiss with Yuukarin!” some guy in class yelled before his friend shut him up.

“Delicious, right?” Her smile reached her eyes. Keito just nodded for he couldn’t speak and his cheeks were burning.

“Let’s be friends!” said Yuuka. Keito gave her a questioning look. She leaned forward, “We idols need to stick together.”

“Um, Maeda-san, you’re not an idol anymore…” she looked at Keito, “ but let’s still be friends,” he ended.

-♥-

“Ah~” Yuuka stretched walking home next to Keito, “There’s too many hours in a school day!” Keito was surprised, wasn’t this the girl that quit being an idol to focus on studies?

“Oh! Since we’re friends, we can call each other by first names, right?”

“I guess so,” Keito answered.

“So I’ll call you Keito and you call me Yuuka – no wait…I’ll call you Keitorin and you call me Yuukarin!”

“Keitorin? What kind of name is that?”

“I think it’s great. Keitorin goes with Yuukarin.”

Keito nodded with a sigh, he had no choice but to go with it. He could never win with this girl.

“So let’s hang out on Sunday! You’re not busy are you?”

-♥-

Yuuka took out her phone.  The screen flashed a picture of Keito with the words “Incoming call: Keitorin”.

“Hello?”

“Yuuka, where are you?”

“I’m almost there! Where are you? I can’t find you anywhere.”

“Yuuka, right behind you!”

She turned around to find a bronze haired boy. “You changed your hair…”

Keito blushed, running his hands through his hair, “It came out lighter than expected, so it looks funny.”

“I like it though. It suits you.” It was amazing how much he changed just by changing his hair and removing those glasses. His casual clothes seemed to flatter him more than the usual school uniform.

“Yuukarin looks nice today,” Keito complimented, as expected from such a gentleman.

Yuuka blushed, finding it hard to meet Keito's bare eyes. She yanked his arm, “Okay let’s go!

-♥-

They walked around Shibuya.

The two talked about various things, mostly dealing with current events. They continued down the streets buying random gadgets and gizmos. At one point, they purchased matching phone straps.

At sunset, they bought crepes. Keito munched on his egg, ham, and cheese crepe.

"...I really want to try that," Yuuka continued talking about maid cafes where the maid beats her guests with a whip.  Keito couldn't believe all the vulgar things coming out of this girl's mouth.  Her insides did not match up with her outsides.

“You know I’m really glad I quit my job,” Yuuka grinned.

“Why did you quit?” Keito asked.

“I never had much of a childhood because I was working at a young age. I had crazy schedules. I was never free due to all these ‘idol rules’. My job felt like a chore. It felt wrong to smile when I wasn’t really happy. Now, I can experience life normally.”

Keito nodded, agreeing with her. Yuuka fished out a box she had in her purse. She slid it gently to Keito. He stopped eating and looked at the box.

“What’s this?” He looked at Yuuka for an answer only to see Yuuka fidgeting in her seat, not making eye contact with him.

“Did you forget what today is?” Yuuka asked, "I looked it up on Google..." she mumbled to herself. Keito lifted the cover of the box. There was a little hand-written note inside.

“For you, who I love, Happy Birthday!” he read. His eyes widened and he stared at the adorable blushing beauty in front of him.

“Really?” he asked. Yuuka finally looked up at him. Keito’s face seemed to mirror her own face. She nodded.

Keito was still red, “Because I-I-I really like you too…” he hesitantly leaned over to kiss her on the cheek. Yuuka pouted, “Hey, my lips are right here,” she pulled Keito into a kiss.

-♥-

Author’s note: Hey guys! First chapter’s up~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEITO! I put these two together since they are both cute and shy. Their voices are soft and little too. Somehow they paired up well in my mind. Oh also that maid cafe thing is real. You can search "Smileage maid cafe" to hear Yuuka talk about it xD