One

I Wonder If There's Something Between Us

 

“Oh! Soo ya! You’re so cute wearing that dress… thanks for coming!” Myungsoo greeted you as you come to his birthday party.

“Gomawo, you look handsome in that suit too, Myungie!” you complimented him.

“Ugly, who are you?” Myungsoo smirked.

 

You’re finally awakened from your dream! “Aish Myungsoo that jerk! I just dreamt about our lovely childhood time together and that hideous memory disturbed it!”

You face-palmed, “How come Myungsoo is a cold-hearted man now?” You sighed.

He used to be your best-childhood-friend-ever, but since both of you entered junior high school, he’s totally different! He’s no longer cute, handsome and gentleman Myungsoo you’ve ever known. He’s just a hideous monster!

You remembered clearly, how he treated you on your first day in Junior High School. He is 3 years older than you, so he is slightly your senior.

 

“Ah! It’s Myungie!! Myungie yaaa!” you ran to him with full acceleration!

Myungsoo seemed uncomfortable with your presence. He’s with his best friend, Nam Woohyun and Lee Sungyeol. He tried to ignore you, but your excited face makes him stop.

“Ugly, who are you?” he smirked. Those words really hurt you. He walks away without even having a simple glance at you.

 

You bluntly shake your head, hoping those memories will fade away. You just realized that you’re still on your bed wearing pajama. You slowly walk to the washroom, acknowledging you’ll be late.

Today, it’s the first day of school and you’re now in your senior year! Well, maybe pre-senior year. You got bargain from Woonam Senior High School, that is not far away from your house and guess what? It’s Myungsoo’s school too!

You don’t ever want to have the same school as him again, but your parents were so happy that you got to go to the same school as you best-childhood-friend-ever.

You really don’t have any energy when you get down for breakfast. Thinking of new friends, new teachers, and new characteristic of students… It’s driving you nuts as you’re kind of quiet and shy in new environment. But once you can adapt to your surroundings, you’ll be as loud as the thunder!

You played with your cereal in the bowl, can’t help but worrying about your new school.

“Soomi ah. Don’t you want to eat that?” asked your mom. You sighed, “Eomma, please reminds me why I should go to that school, again?”

“Myungsoo is there, furthermore we’ve already paid for your fees.” Your mom said as she served food for your dad and your younger brother. You nodded, frustrated.

“What with that sad face?” your dad asking as he entered the kitchen. “She’s worrying about her new school, as usual” your younger brother, Junhong, interrupted. “Shut up, Junhong!” you showed him your death glare.

“It’s Zelo! Stop calling my real name! It’s weirdly awkward, you know?” Junhong sits beside you. “YOU stop using informalities with me first! I’m your noona!”

“A year older than me..” Junhong mumblings. “Still, I’m older than you, araseo?” He sighed and finally agreed with you “Fine! I will use formalities with you my dear lovely noona.”

“Shut up! It’s gross!” you covered his mouth with your hand. Junhong just laughing and starts to eat his cereals. Your parents shook their heads.

-------

comments + subscribes are appreciated!