[Four]

Do You Hear My Heart? [Hiatus - Author's Block]

Yoon-hee went into the room after her night class. She swung the door opened and entered as she found the place was dark.

“Ji-hyuk oppa, Byung-hee oppa?” she called out, but there was no answer.

She was about to go to the light switch corner that she heard the ring from the phone on the table. She went to the light switch and hit it anyway.

After the room gained some lights, she checked the phone on the table. It was Ji-hyuk’s. And, she realized there was a few missed calls. She began to wonder why Ji-hyuk left his phone and where he went. But, another ring of the phone killed her thought.

She picked the phone and saw her brother’s name dancing on the phone screen. She picked up the call.

“Hello, oppa?” she hesitantly started the conversation.

“Ji-hyuk, Ji-hyuk, where?” Byung-hee asked in a sentence and the conversation was over as he hung up on her.

“Oppa? What happened? Byung-hee oppa?” she shouted, but unfortunately she was speaking to the dial tone.

She was uneasy and worried. She left Ji-hyuk’s phone on the table. She ran along the alley, shouting her brother’s name. She trembled as Byung-hee was nowhere in her sight, as well as Ji-hyuk who was in the other rooftop, which she missed look, because she was too worry and busy.

She started to have those scary thoughts and she hit her phone screen to find Hyun-soo’s phone number. She put the phone on her ear as she mumbled, hoping he wouldn’t abandon her call.

After a few beeps, Hyun-soo picked up the phone. “Hello. Yes, Yoon-hee?” his voice reached her ear.

She sighed in relief. “Hyun-soo oppa, I think Byung-hee oppa is in danger,” she muttered, trying to keep calm, though it was clear that she couldn’t.

“Tell me where you are, and stay there, I’ll reach you and we’re going to look for him, okay? I’ll call the others,” Hyun-soo commanded, in his most concern tone. Yoon-hee nodded continuously and told him her location.

She dropped her figure on the roadside, hugging her knees in coldness and worries. Her trembled lips kept mumbling about how Hyun-soo should be there faster.

Suddenly, Hyun-soo dashed towards her, checking on her. “Are you fine?” Hyun-soo asked, which gained her nod, continuously.

“Byung-hee oppa,” she mumbled, while looking Hyun-soo right in his eyes, hoping that he would say that her bother is fine.

“Ji-hyuk and the others already went to find him. We should go too,” he said, avoiding her hopeful gaze as he lifted her up, so that she could stand properly.

“Oppa,” she called out, by the time he wanted to move. “Byung-hee oppa, he’ll be just fine, right?” she asked.

He just ruffled her hair affectionately and led their way to those other guys.

==========

Byung-hee, who was bleeding and deeply wounded, walked around, obviously to avoid those stupid thugs who ganged up and beat the crap out of him.

He arrived on a side of a road, where he struggled to recognized the faraway figures, who were scattered in his eyes, until he recognized one of them, which made him sure, that he knew the rest as well.

“Ji-hyuk. It’s Ji-hyuk,” he said as he faintly smile. He carelessly walked towards them.

While on the other side of the road, the place where Byung-hee heading to, they quickly realized that it was Byung-hee who walked towards them.

“Ya, it’s Byung-hee,” Ha-jin pointed to the figure who was struggling to walk over to them. They breathed in relief and their eyes were fixed at his bleeding face. They fastened their steps towards him.

“It’s you guys,” Byung-hee mumbled on the other side.

Yoon-hee was walking towards him, in a fast pace until she realized a truck, out of nowhere in sight earlier, was heading right towards her brother and barreling into him, in super fast motion.

She shouted, “Look out!” as she tried to run to her brother. Her shout made Hyun-soo held onto her, which let the truck to wipe Byung-hee away in a split of seconds.

The quick disappearance of Byung-hee made everyone gasped and shouted, “No!” in such a dramatic unison.

It was happening. The truck which was moving in super fast pace, couldn’t fight its inertia and hit Byung-hee, which the speed was enough to blow him away, made him flied from his standing position.

“No, no, no!” Yoon-hee hysterically cried, as she struggling to get away from Hyun-soo, who was holding her back, by hugging her waist. As she realized that it was already happened and there was no way to turn back, she stopped from her attempt to get away from Hyun-soo. Slowly, she was dropped on her knees, crying hysterically as the others was stared blankly and disbelief on what they just witnessed.

==========

It was Byung-hee’s funeral, really tiny funeral, as it was only a few of them were there.

In a corner, there were Ji-hyuk, Kyung-jong and Ha-jin, who were staring with their head down, full of regrets and hatred. On the other side, there were Byung-hee’s grandmother, who was sobbing lightly, as she kept on scolding the drunk man, who was sitting beside her, turned out to be Byung-hee’s father.

There were also Yoon-hee who was weeping silently, losing all her voice and energy to shout nor yell. Her swollen eyes did all the story on how she had been crying ever since she saw the incident. Beside her, there was Hyun-soo, who was supporting her, in case she would ended up collapsing.

In the middle of the small room for such a small occasion, there was Do-il, who did a terrible job on consoling Woo-kyung, who was crying loudly, inconsolably, to the point where Ji-hyuk couldn’t stand her cries any longer. Ji-hyuk kept on blocking his ears, so that Woo-kyung’s weep would went away, but it didn’t.

Ji-hyuk stood up to everyone’s surprise and he just dashed out of the room. Yoon-hee tried to get up and stop Ji-hyuk, but Hyun-soo held her back, shaking his head, disapproving her action. She sat down again, staring to Ji-hyuk’s way in despair.