Reunion (oneshot - English Version)

Reunion (oneshot - English vs Korean Version)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Excited voices, the scent of tasty food and warm lights greeted her as she opened the door. The hall was already full of people her age sitting at several round tables throughout the room or standing in little groups while chatting happily. As she stepped inside, heads were turned and the girl felt dozens of gazes glued to herself. Although she was used to such situations, she felt her cheeks heating up a little. The friendly waiter at the entrance offered her a glass of orange juice, which she received gratefully. Before she could get into the awkward situation of standing around all alone in a hall full of people, someone called her name.

“Jiyeon?”

She looked in the direction of the voice. A girl dressed in a black pantsuit was approaching her. She had short, straight black hair and was smiling widely.

“You're Jiyeon Park, right? Do you remember me?”

Seeing the blank expression on Jiyeon's face she said: “It's me, Nareum Jung. I was always sitting next to you in class, do you remember?”

“Ah, Nareum! Yes, of course I remember you.” Jiyeon returned Nareum's smile. “It's been a while, I couldn't recognize you.”

“Of course you couldn't, since the last time we've seen each other was at the graduation ceremony of elementary school”, the girl replied.

“You've changed a lot though, you've become really pretty”, Jiyeon complimented her.

“Thanks”, Nareum giggled, “but you're one to talk! Having such a famous star like you here at our class reunion seemed to have attracted lots of outsiders... male outsiders, so to say.”

The black-haired girl giggled again but Jiyeon could just laugh awkwardly.

 

One hour later, she had been updated by Nareum on all her former classmates. While tasting the food from the buffet (they were sitting at a table close to it), Nareum had pointed out all their former classmates including the information she had gathered on them so far. Which turned out to be mostly information about the male alumni, though.

“So all in all, the hottest guy in here is that blondie over there?”, Jiyeon asked after Nareum had finished.

“Right”, she confirmed. “Jaebeom Lim. I heard he's a JYP trainee.”

“Hmmm...”

Jiyeon had shaken hands, taken pictures or given her signature to nearly all of the people present during that one hour. It had felt more like a fan-meeting than a class reunion for her.

“I don't remember shaking his hand. He didn't come over, did he?”

“He didn't. Look, he's surrounded by all those girls. I bet he doesn't even know you're here.”

Jiyeon stifled a laugh at her friend's remark. Although some of her former classmates wanted to know about her life as a celebrity, Nareum didn't seem to mind it at all.

“Nareum, dating is forbidden in my agency. So you take him.”

“Oh, really?!”

Jiyeon nodded eagerly, seeing her friend's happy expression, then she said:

“I don't really remember him anyway..”

“You don't? He was sitting in the back and always writing the homework on his hand.”

“Wow, you still remember that stuff!? You have a great memory.”

“Haha, honestly I overheard some girls talking about it earlier before you came.”

The two laughed, then Jiyeon made a serious face.

“How can we do this...? The problem are all those girls around him.”

“If you went there, I bet they'd all be gone in a second.”

“Good idea, then you can accidentally bump into him, pouring your drink all over him.”

“No no, that would ruin his clothes and I bet they're incredibly expensive.”

“OK, cancel the pouring. You just bump into him...”

“And...?”

“That's it.”

“What, that's all?”

“Of course. The rest is up to your skills.”

“Fine, let's try that. But wait, why must I bump into him anyway?”

“Why not? Physical contact is important.”

“Oh, I see, that's right.”

 

With one last wink at her friend, Jiyeon slowly but surely made her way towards the prey. Her creamy dress and the brown waves of

Please log in to read the full chapter