Chapter 19

Rumours & Roses

     “Thanks for letting me stay.” Henry said as he walked out. It was really a quiet night. The usual sounds of cars rushing to get to their destination, and dogs barking to protect their territory was not there anymore. All he could hear was his own footsteps crunching the gravel underneath, and his loud breaths. A cold wind swept past Henry, sending a shiver down his spine. The pace of his footsteps was faster than before as he heard the leaves rumble. He didn’t know where exactly he was going but one thing was sure. He wasn’t going home, not now, not at this time of the night.

     He walked in random directions trying to find something to do until it was morning. He took his i-pod from the bag and turned it on. The first song that came on was ‘Love ya’ by SS501. Even though he didn’t intend to, his legs lead him near to his school. He sat down on one of the benches outside for while as the fight and him leaving replayed in his head. He rubbed his temples in frustration. He let out a deep breath.

     “!” Henry got up again. He dropped his bag on the pavement and walked to center of the football field. The field was vast, no one was around, and even if there was someone inside the school they couldn’t have heard him any way. Henry kicked rocks that were in his way.

     “urgggggg” Henry screamed at the top of his lungs. He sunk down to his knees as tears started to pour down his eyes. The grass was cold from the wet snow. Henry’s jeans filled with grass stains at the knee and it started to get wet. He shivered. It was cold but he sat there.  

     I'm such a hypocrite.Henry’s stomach tossed and turned, he felt like he was going to throw up any minute. He sat there for while before he decided that it was too cold for him to stay there. He walked back to the pavement where he left his bag he searched in it to find his cell phone, so he could call home. After searching through the whole bag but failing to find it he remembered that he left it Kyuhyun’s place. .

     Henry took his bag and walked around in the neighborhood near the school. He needed use a phone. All of the stores nearby were closed and mostly every house had their lights turned off. Having no idea what the time is, he guessed that it was late and everyone was already fast asleep. He walked along the sidewalk until he found one house with the light still on and shadows of a person walking around.

     He walked closer to the house and wrung the door bell when he got there. Through the glass part of the door Henry saw man walking towards it. The man’s face wasn’t clear until he got closer. Wait, isn’t that Choi Siwon, our guidance councilor? Henry stood up straight and thought it would be best if he started running, now. He rushed down the steps as the door clicked open.

     “Yah! Who are you? Come over here!” Siwon yelled. Henry turned around to face the older male.

     “Hi sir,” Henry smiled sheepishly, “I’m a student in your school.”

     “What are you doing here at this time of the night? Come here!” Henry hesitantly walked closer to the other man. “What are you doing here?” Siwon asked again.

     “Well sir I-” Henry looked up at the taller man, he gulped, “well I needed to call someone but I don’t have my phone so… and this was the only house in the block with the lights still on so…”

     “Why are you out of your house? It’s almost midnight.” Siwon had a concerned look on his face. He glanced at the boy from head to toe. His expression changed when he saw the bag that the boy was holding. “You didn’t run away did you?”

     “No, I didn’t.” Henry shivered again as another cold wind swept past. When Siwon noticed that the boy didn’t even have a jacket on, on that cold October night he invited him in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     “Kyuhyun's still at his house now?” Henry nodded. He told Siwon what had happened from the start. He ran through how Zhoumi and he were together, Kyuhyun liking Sungmin, the accident, and up to the fight they had that night. Henry was never the one to tell anyone about his troubles, but he felt comfortable telling Siwon, after all he did have the title of one of the guidance councilors at school. Siwon had nodded along and said all the right things at the right time, making it easier for Henry to tell him what all went wrong.

     “I don’t know what to do.” He said sniffling and twisting the tissue in his hand. Siwon got up and sat beside Henry on the couch.

     “Nothing, for now, tomorrow’s Saturday, I’ll drop you off home. You can stay here for the night. If that’s okay with you, or you could call your parents.” Siwon said. Henry gave the older a look that said ‘are-you-sure-that-wouldn’t-be-too-much-trouble.’ “Don’t worry, I don’t bite.” Siwon said. Henry giggled.

     “Thanks.”

     “It’s fine.” Siwon said patting the younger’s head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Shindong rushed downstairs as he heard the door shut and the sound of a mirror breaking. He ran towards Kyuhyun when he saw the younger bleeding hand.

     “What happened?” Shindong asked.

     “Henry left…” Kyuhyun said still staring at his bleeding hand.

     “You can explain that to me later, now let’s get this cleaned up.” Shindong said taking the other’s hand.

     They went to the hospital and the doctor had said that Kyuhyun’s wrist bone broke. The doctor said that he would have to get a cast and would have to put it on for the next three weeks. When he had asked what happened, Shindong lied to cover it up. Thankfully the emergency doctor didn’t care enough to question it.

     “If he feels unbearable pain, for the next two days, give this to him.” The doctor handed Shindong a couple of packets of Advil, “but not any more than one every eight hours, alright?” Shindong nodded.

     “Thank you doctor,” Shindong bowed and then walked out the room and into the waiting room where Kyuhyun was sitting. “You idiot.” he said as he motioned the other to get up. Kyuhyun shrugged and followed Shindong as he walked to the car. “You really need anger management classes.” Shindong muttered as they both climbed into the car.

~~~~~~~

     “That’s it for today,” Junsu said as the students started to pack up their belongings, “and don’t forget your math homework!” he yelled out as they exited the class room. Kyuhyun was about to go to his next class when Junsu called him. “Oh, wait, Cho Kyuhyun,”

     “Yeah,” Kyuhyun said when he heard his name.

     “You’re still performing right?” Junsu looked through some papers to find the one with Kyuhyun's name on it, “with Henry is it?” Kyuhyun hesitated before answering.

     “Umm… yeah…”

     “Alright… I just wanted to make sure before the performance.” Junsu smiled. “You can go.” Kyuhyun bowed before walking out of the classroom.

     Kyuhyun wasn’t the type to get tired of school that easily, but that day was different; he wanted nothing but to get out of class. It wasn’t long before second period finished and it was time for lunch. Kyuhyun walked through the hallways, trying to find Henry. He went to the younger’s locker and found him there. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Henry bit his lip in nervousness when he saw Kyuhyun walking towards him. He rushed, putting his books in his bag and trying to walk away from the other. He wanted to blame Kyuhyun for the fight they had, he wanted to hate the older for using him, but he couldn’t. At least he had admitted that he wanted to see Zhoumi in Kyuhyun.

     Henry walked through the hallway and out of the building; he could feel Kyuhyun following him. He walked around the abandoned football field as the dirt under his shoes stained the white coat of light snow that layered up on the grass. He glanced back often knowing that the elder was following. They walked like that for a while before Kyuhyun sped up his pace and caught up to him.  He grabbed the others hand.

     “Henry-ah,” Henry turned around to face the other. “Talk to me, please.” Kyuhyun gave the other pleading look. The younger sighed; the guilt grew bigger inside of him. He knew inside that it wasn’t just Kyuhyun’s fault that the fight happened. He knew that it was partly him taking his frustrations out on Kyuhyun. And that wasn’t fair.

     “I’m sorry,” Henry said.

     “What?”

     “Look,” they stood there, Kyuhyun’s hand still wrapped around Henry’s wrist, “Kyu… let’s just… not be together anymore…” Kyuhyun loosened his grip. “I like you but, maybe you weren’t the only one trying to find someone else in another person.” Kyuhyun stared at Henry appalled for a minute before responding. He sighed.

     “Practice, for the performance, there’s only one more week….” Kyuhyun said. He started to walk away but then stopped and turned around “come over during the weekend we’ll practice a couple of times together before performing.” With that Kyuhyun left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I’m thinking about ending this fic in the next 2 or 3 or 4 chapters. If it goes on for more than that I'm reeeeeeally sorry…

Yeah, but writing this is getting soo boring.

But any way… you know what I haven’t done for a while? Reply to comments so… here we go:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ArabellaChi17: Thank you! You are way too kind. <333

@Venomilise: No don’t cryI know both of them (Kyuhyun and Henry) look depress right now but they are going to be happy at the end. And as a suju stalker that I am I cant not use suju stuff LOL :D

@ilovpocky93: don’t worry they are going to be as happy as a kid with a ice cream cone in their hand. By the way a lot of people seem to love pocky, who is pocky?

@Im_Sojunghandon’t like angst??? I’m sorry this chapter was sooo full of angst … but I’ll make up for it at the end… okay? A.A

@daniale_cs: I'm not that cruel… alright, alright I killed two people so far but no one else is going to die =D

@dirtsafan29: Update for yooooou <333

@kimkibumie: it reminded you of that?! I didn’t think anyone would with out mentioning it… cheers to my fellow suju stalker!

@PikaKyu: KyuRy is just Lovee, that is my second favourite Henry pairing after ZhouRy *slaps self* can’t believe I killed him DX

@Lambtastic: Henry does feel bad but he just can’t get it out, you know? But he did in this chapter… lets see how Kyuhyun feels after hearing this shall we? In the next chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S. i have had to edit this entry like five times becuase i found the letter 'L ' at random place, so if you find any other random L's hanging out in random places just ingonore it :D

P.P.S. I'm gonna cry, people are dumping me :O  {Hollow is much better! I HATE my sister! (that and she annoyes me)}