Prolouge

A Fool's Love Story

 

Prolouge

I was sitting on her chair at Biology class. The teacher lectured about Cell Division. I wrote drabbles on my notebook. Not listening attentively to the teacher.

“Miss Lena Éclair, Can you tell me the first part of Cell Division?” Mr. Smith asked. I looked up and bit my lip.

“ummm… It’s Meiosis?” I said unsure. Mr. Smith nodded and turned back to the board and continued lecturing.

I sighed and tapped a notebook with a pen.  I wondered why I was even studying in this class. I just looked out the window and daydreamed.

Finally the bell rang and I was finally free. I grabbed my things and went outside the classroom. Lisa, one of my friends came running out.

“Wait for me Lens!” Exclaimed Lisa as she ran to me.

“Oh hey ~” I said her eyes averted to the door we were entering.

Lisa opened the doors to the cafeteria and found a table for us. Lisa and I sat down with few friends.

“Good thing you got an answer on Mr. Smith’s question” Cameron, One of Lisa and Lena’s friend.

“I know it was peer pressure~” I replied playing with an apple. “I’m surprised that I still lived!” I said making her friends laugh.

“Yeah, and I think he was expecting you would get the wrong answer” Cameron said as he poked Kate.

“Stop poking me Cameron!” Kate said poking him back.

“I won’t stop poking!” Cameron said poking Kate more. I watched the two people and wondered if they were even together.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see who it is and saw a quarter back with an envelope on his hand.

“What is this?” I asked when the guy pushed her the envelope. He shrugged and went off. I didn’t have time to ask to whom it was from.

“What is that?” Steven asked.

“I don’t know!” I replied observing the envelope.

“Well, open it! To know what it is” Kate said sarcastically. I opened the envelope to reveal a letter. I pulled out the letter and Read it.

‘Dear Lena,

This is my first time to write a letter to a girl. Someone told me that I need to write this. I’m one of your Secret Admirers. I liked you ever since I saw you in First grade. I know this is not what Admirers should do but I’ll do this anyways….

Roses are red, Violets are Blue, 

My heart is only for you.....

 So I hope you will finally see…

That we are meant to be…

Love,

2304’

 

I read the letter out loud to receive ‘awws’ from everyone. I was shocked and kept blushing.

“one of your secret admirers?” Cameron asked raising his eyebrows.

“Yeah….it said here” I said then Lisa grabbed the letter and read it all over again. “Yep it does say here” Lisa said pointing to one part of the letter.

“Who do you think it’s from?” Kate asked.  “Maybe from one of our childhood friends?” asked Steven. “Since it says  ‘grade one’ “

“Yeah maybe…”I trailed off. It was hard for me to think who it is since almost everyone was my childhood friend.

I shrugged and played with the tips of her hair. I kept thinking until the bell rang signaling the end of lunch. I grabbed my bag and things then went out the cafeteria. My next class was Government. I hurried to her class with Steven.

The class went for about n hour but for Me it was just like 3 minutes. Since I felt like floating and kept wondering who the guy was.