High School.

False Assumptions

 

“Himchan, go out with me,” girls said, compiling around Himchan in his homeroom. Himchan smirked at the schoolmates, and rejected them all. He even threw their treats away in the garbage, as he didn’t care much for sweets.

Hyo Young walked past him in the hallway, while he was busy cleaning out his locker filled with love letters.

“Oh, Hyo Young-yah, mind helping me clean my locker?” Himchan asked, while laughing. Hyo Young glared at Himchan, and fastened her pace.

“Geeze, you’re still mad at me?” Himchan whispered, and giggled to himself. “Himchan, what are you doing?” His best friend Yongguk asks, as he walks up to him.

“Cleaning out all these stupid love letters. It’s annoying to have them piling up in my locker,” Himchan answered. “That’s what you get for being hot stuff at school,” Yongguk teased.

“Shut up hyung,” Himchan said, and laughed a little. “Anyways dude, are you planning on crashing at Yongjae’s place later with the boys?” Yongguk asks. “I’m still thinking about it, why?” Himchan replied. “Well, I was thinking that if you don’t want to, then you can come with me and double date,” Yongguk said.

“Double date, huh? Who’ll be my date?” Himchan asks curiously. “Park Ye Jin,” Yongguk answered. “No way dude, you got her to go on a double date with me?” Himchan asked with a little excitement building up inside.

“No dude! Did you know how hard I had to beg Hae Won?” Yongguk said, mentioning about his girlfriend. “Oh yea, you did that for me?” Himchan asked, getting more excited. “So just cancel the sleepover at the boys, and come out with me tonight,” Yongguk said. “Got it!” Himchan replied.

Later on that night, Himchan dressed nicely in casual clothing, as he headed out on his double date with Yongguk. “Where are you guys dining at again?” Himchan asked Yongguk over the phone, as he sat in the bus. “The usual place where the boys we always go,” Yongguk answered.

Himchan hung up the phone, and smiled, as he was excited to go on a date double date having Ye Jin there. He’s always had a thing for her, when high school started.

Himchan would’ve talked with her, but having Hyo Young in the same homeroom as Ye Jin, he knew Hyo Young might start up something. Now, it didn’t matter anymore, because this was going to be a date his best friend had setup.

“Yo,” Himchan greeted Yongguk from the entrance door. “Over here,” Yongguk waved his hand at Himchan. He walked his way towards his friend, and then saw the two girls walking together out of a hallway.

“Hi Himchan,” Hea Won greeted me. “Hello,” he greeted back politely. “Hi Ye Jin,” Himchan greeted his date, whilst trying to calm his excitement. “Hi,” she greeted back with a sincere smile.

“So have you all ordered yet?” Himchan asks, taking a seat in front of Yongguk. “Nope, we were just waiting for you,” Hea Won answered, as she sat beside Yongguk, and Ye Jin sat next to Himchan. “Ah, then we shall order,” Himchan insisted.

After ordering their food and eating, the dates talked about how their day went, and what they’ll be doing later on. Himchan was glad to be talking with Ye Jin, as she was a talkative person who wasn’t shy to speak what’s on her mind.

“Hey, we should go walk off the food,” Hea Won suggested, as the friends nodded their heads in agreement. After paying their dinner, everyone decided to walk at the Han River.

“So what are you planning on doing after high school?” Himchan asked Ye Jin, as he started a conversation from their awkward silence. “I’m still deciding. How about you?” Ye Jin answered. “Well, I want to be whatever that is given to me,” Himchan answered. “So you’ll proudly be a pimp if it’s your future?” Ye Jin teased. “What? No!” Himchan quickly answered, and Ye Jin laughed.

“I’m just kidding, but then I’m pretty sure you’ll be a popular pop star, since you’re super popular at school,” Ye Jin said. “I am, aren’t I?” Himchan said, as he was all posing like a pop star would. Ye Jin giggled at his silliness, and he quietly laughed along too.

While walking five feet behind from Yongguk and Hea Won, Ye Jin and Himchan heard a kitty meowing. “Do you hear where it’s coming from?” Ye Jin asked. “It’s sort of scary to hear at night, don’t you think?” Himchan asked, getting goose bumps all over.

“Aish, you chicken !” Ye Jin told off Himchan, as she grabs his hand to help her find where the kitty is meowing. “Yah, what are you two newbie lovers doing?” Hea Won teased, as Ye Jin noticed that she and Himchan were holding hands.

“We’re looking for a kitten. Don’t you hear its meow?” Himchan answered, ignoring the fact that he and Ye Jin were holding hands. “I kind of hear it too,” Yongguk said, as he and Hea Won decided to help find the kitten.

“Ah, I found the kitty!” Ye Jin shouted, as she sees the poor kitten in a hole, dug about four feet down. “How did the poor baby get in there?” Himchan asked in astonished, as he loosely let go of Ye Jin’s hand, and reached down for the kitty.

“Be careful Himchan, or you might fall in there and start meowing too,” Yongguk teased. “Shut up, hyung!” Himchan shouted back. Everyone laughed, as Himchan pulled the kitty out of the hole.

Himchan handed the kitty over to Ye Jin, and she cared for it like a lost child. “Where’s your mother, huh? How did you fall in there too? Look at you; you’re so dirty now. Shall we go back to my place and get you cleaned up?” Ye Jin talked to the kitten.

“Yeh, let’s go get cleaned up,” Himchan answered Ye Jin, with a squeaky voice. “Yah!” Ye Jin playfully punched Himchan on the arm. “What, I was answering for the kitty,” Himchan said, as the two giggled.

“Ye Jin-ah, are you going to keep the kitten?” Hea Won asks. “Yeh, since the kitty is so cute,” Ye Jin answered. “You’re not going to take the kitty to the pet store where it should be thoroughly cleaned?” Yongguk asks. “I can do it myself, since I used to work at the grooming section in a pet store,” Ye Jin answered.

After just hearing so little about Ye Jin’s doing, he found himself falling even harder for her. “I’ll walk you and the kitty home. I’m sure kitty here is cold and hungry,” Himchan offered, and Ye Jin nodded her head with delight.

Ye Jin wrapped the poor kitten with her sweater, as she carried it like a baby. Himchan adored Ye Jin so much for that, as he just wish that he could hold Ye Jin and the kitten together.

“Are you cold? It’s quite chilly out here tonight,” Himchan asked Ye Jin. “I’m not cold, but maybe the kitty is. Its been shivering,” Ye Jin answered. Himchan smiled a small one, and took off his thin jacket, as he wraps it around Ye Jin.

“Himchan-ssi...” Ye Jin said, pausing as she looks at him. “Hm? Keep yourself and the kitty warm,” Himchan replied. “What about you?” Ye Jin asked, worrying about him. “I’ll be alright. Guys have automatic heat built inside them,” Himchan said, making Ye Jin giggle.

“Is that so?” Ye Jin asked. “Yup, that’s why I’m sweating quite a bit,” Himchan said, wiping sweats that are forming on his forehead. Ye Jin laughed loudly, causing the kitten to wake up. It meowed at Himchan, and Himchan pet it softly on its head.

“What will you name it?” Himchan asked, as he looked at the kitten. “After going home to find out its gender, I’ll name it,” Ye Jin answered. “Since I helped you pick up the kitty, can I name it?” He asked. “Sure, what would you like to name it?” Ye Jin asked. “If it’s a female, name her Byul. If it’s a male, name him Kwan,” Himchan answered.

“Byul and Kwan? Nice, I like them. I’ll definitely name it either one then,” Ye Jin answered. “Well, here’s my stop,” Ye Jin said, as she took off Himchan’s jacket, but he stopped her. “Keep it for Byul Kwan. It might still be cold. Goodnight Ye Jin. Goodnight Byul Kwan!” Himchan said, petting the kitten before leaving.


 

The next day, Yongguk chan at lunch, and Himchan didn’t even bother to care about it. He was filled with joy that he got to talk with Ye Jin, and felt that the kitten brought them closer last night.

Himchan walked to men’s restroom to getaway from Yongguk for a bit, and saw Ye Jin reading by herself nearby the water fountain. He ignored going to the restroom, and walked over to Ye Jin.

“Afternoon Miss Ye Jin, what are you reading?” Himchan greeted Ye Jin with a deep formal voice. Ye Jin laughed at him, and patted the empty spot next to her for him to sit. “Byul,” Ye Jin said. “Hm?” Himchan tilted his head to the side, confused. “The kitten’s name is Byul,” Ye Jin clarified.

“Oh, so it was a female after all, eh?” Himchan asked. “Mm. She’s so obedient and lovely,” Ye Jin replied. “Already? Wow, she must really try to up to you for food and shelter,” Himchan joked. “Haha, she’s a cute little kitty,” Ye Jin said.

“What are you reading, by the way?” Himchan asked, changing the subject. “Ah, I’m reading a book that’s about zombies,” Ye Jin answered, closing her book. “Zombies? Woah, nice! Do you believe in them?” He asked. “Not really, but they’re fun to read about, and the movies seems so real,” she answered.

“Do you want to watch the new zombie movie that’s been out for a week now, then? We should go watch it together!” Himchan planned. “Really? There was a new one that came out?” Ye Jin asked. “Mm, I heard that it was pretty cool,” he said. “Nice, we should go watch it on Friday,” she insisted, and with that, they both returned to class when the bell rang.

Himchan jollily walked to class with a smile, as his classmates all greeted him. He greeted them back with a huge grin, and then he saw Hyo Young. He almost completed forgot that she existed.

“I see, you have eyes for someone. So have you been liking her a while now? Is she the reason why you won’t come back to me and workout things?” Hyo Young threw questions at Himchan.

“And to think that you’re just mad and will ignore me. You’re still the same assuming every girl I talk to is the reason why I dumped you,” Himchan said. “I’m not assuming, I know,” Hyo Young replied.

He rolled his eyes, not wanting to face Hyo Young as of right now. “Look at me Himchan, and tell me,” Hyo Young demanded. Himchan glanced at her, laughed, and then turned away.

“It’s not that I have eyes for someone else, that I don’t want to get back with you. It’s you, who I don’t want to be with,” he answered, and left Hyo Young there with confusion.

Himchan and Ye Jin started to hangout more and more over the past weeks, and the more that he grew to knew her day by day, he felt like he was in love all over again. The little things she does, it was so surprising to him, that it’s what made him like her everyday.

“Byul is getting bigger every time I come to visit her,” Himchan said, as he slowly pet Byul’s head, as she drank her milk. “Byul is getting heavier too. I can barely carry her sometimes,” Ye Jin added.

“Unless you’re just getting weak!” Himchan told Ye Jin, while laughing loudly. “You’re the weak guy!” Ye Jin retorted, as she threw a mini towel at Himchan. He caught it, and pulled Ye Jin in his arms to tickle her. “Stop it Himchan, I’m going to fall over,” Ye Jin said laughing, as she did eventually fell over, taking Himchan down along with.

“Meow!” Byul meowed away, as she was caught off guard that her owner almost squashed her. “Byul-yah,” Ye Jin called to her kitten, which stormed off in her room. Ye Jin looked back at Himchan who lay on top of her still. “Sorry,” he quickly apologizes, as he got off of her. Himchan help pulled Ye Jin up from the floor, and then sat back down.

“It’s your turn to take care of Byul this week right? I’ll get her,” Ye Jin said. “Ah, yeh,” Himchan answered, looking away with his face blushing like mad. “Byul-ssi,” Ye Jin called for the kitten, as Himchan fanned himself to cool down.

“Sorry for the long wait, Byul went under my bed,” Ye Jin said, 5 minutes after getting Byul out from her room. “Nah, it’s fine,” Himchan replied. “Do you have anymore cat food?” Ye Jin asked Himchan. “Yeh, I have some still stocked in the cabinet,” he answered.

Ye Jin petted Byul’s head, and then smiled at Himchan. “I’ll see you next week Byul-ssi,” Ye Jin said, as Byul meowed and let out a tiny yawn. “She’s so cute,” Ye Jin said, as Himchan laughed. “Well, I’m going to head out then,” Himchan said. “Mm,” Ye Jin replied nodding her head, and Himchan left with Byul in his arms.

“I don’t know dude, Ye Jin might not think of me that way,” Himchan said, speaking with Yongguk on the phone. “What? You two are taking care of a kitty that both of you found. You go to her house every other week now too, so why would she not think of you that way?” Yongguk asked.

“I think she only sees me as a friend,” Himchan assumed. “Yah, stop doubting yourself dude. If you like her, why not confess? I’m sure of it that Byul would like to have parents who lives together,” Yongguk teased.

“Hyung—“ Himchan angrily blurted, as Yongguk laughed. “I’ll see you tomorrow man, Hea Won is calling me on the other line,” Yongguk said, and they both hung up.

Himchan took out Byul’s yarn and played it with her. “Would you like me to be your appa, Byul? It would be nice to have Ye Jin as your umma, since we couldn’t find your real family right? You can also have an uncle who’s very bratty, called Zelo,” Himchan spoke to Byul, as he played with her.

“Aish! What am I doing, talking to a cat who won’t respond?” Himchan said to himself, as he lay down on his carpet floor. Byul climbed on top Himchan after playing with her yarn, and started purring.

“Are you sleeping, Byul? You must be very tired. I’ll be a great appa to you, and make Ye Jin your umma!” Himchan said, as he slowly sat up and carried Byul up to her tiny bed. “Goodnight Byul,” he told the kitten, and shut off the lights to sleep.

The week he spent with Byul went by faster than he thought, and he was going to confess to Ye Jin, when dropping off Byul to her.

“We are almost at Ye Jin’s home, Byul. Are you ready for me to make her your umma?” Himchan said, talking to Byul who just meows at him. “Meow meow back at you too, Byul,” Himchan said, as he giggled while petting her head.

“I told you already that I’m not going through with this anymore,” Himchan heard Ye Jin’s voice raising her voice. “Huh, is she arguing with someone?” Himchan whispered to himself, as he lowered down on the fence nearby Ye Jin’s house, and peeked a bit to see what was the problem. With Himchan’s surprise, he saw Hyo Young standing in front of Ye Jin.

“Ye Jin-ah, how dare you back off? Don’t tell me you have fallen for him!” Hyo Young shouted with anger. “Hyo Young-ssi, you already know that I liked him from the start. Then you told me the bad stuff about him, and I decided to help. But then the more I got to know him he was different. So I’m not part of this anymore. He doesn’t love you, so even if I break his heart, he won’t run back to you,” Ye Jin told her.

“How dare you say something like that? You’ve got lots of guts,” Hyo Young said, as her blood started to boil inside with anger. “If I were you, I’d back off when he had ended it,” Ye Jin said.

“You don’t know what I went through! So don’t start blabbing out like as if it’s easy to let go of Himchan,” Hyo Young said. “I understand that you both grew up liking each other, from what you’ve told me. Then he broke your heart, and you were left heartbroken and sad. Then again, you have to realize that first lovers will be that scar and desire,” Ye Jin said.

“A scar? You think that Himchan was a scar? He was no scar, but he is what I desire for, and that’s what you were supposed to do! Hurt him so that he’ll know how I feel for desiring someone whom I loved since I was little!” Hyo Young shouted.

“Shouting at me won’t make it any better, Hyo,” Ye Jin calmly told the girl. “Hmph, you don’t really think that you can have Himchan, can you?” Hyo Young told Ye Jin. “And you think that you can? Think about what you’re doing. Sooner or later, he’ll found out that this was your idea,” Ye Jin said back.

“Shut the up, Ye Jin, and just do your work properly. Hurt the guy,” Hyo Young said. “I’m not going to hurt Himchan like how you want or your way. He wasn’t even the guy like how you described to me. If you were upset that Himchan broke it off with you, and called him bad names at me, then why do you want him?” Ye Jin asked.

“I want him to know how I felt when he left me. When we were young, he promised to marry me. Look at us all grown up now, he’s chasing after you!” Hyo Young cried with jealousy filling up inside.

Ye Jin was speechless, as she watched Hyo Young confess out her jealousy issue. “So this is why you want me to hurt him, because he broke his promise? Hyo, you both were kids,” Ye Jin said.

Himchan lowered his head, as he sighed and came out from where he was hiding. “Yah, both of you can stop now,” Himchan said, as Ye Jin lowered her head and looked away, whilst Hyo Young gasped in shock.

“Hyo Young-yah, you’re very classy. I should’ve known that Ye Jin wouldn’t dare to go on a double date easily, and be my friend so quickly. I can’t believe that I was so excited to finally get a chance with Ye Jin, and then find out later that it was just a setup to hurt me. I should’ve trusted my instinct about knowing that you would’ve start up something with Ye Jin being in your homeroom. Well Hyo Young, you did a great job. I’m hurt, are you happy now?” Himchan said, looking at Hyo Young.

Hyo Young didn’t say anything, but looked up at Ye Jin. Himchan looked at Ye Jin too, and Ye Jin saw the sadness in Himchan’s eyes. He had found out that she betrayed him, and of course he’ll hate her now. She didn’t know what to think, as Byul was meowing in confusion, whilst Himchan held her.

“Himchan...” Ye Jin called to him.

“Oppa, I’m sorry that I tried to hurt you. Please let’s go back to the beginning and start over,” Hyo Young cried, as she held onto Himchan’s hand. Himchan ignored Hyo Young, as he kept his long cold stare at Ye Jin.

“You did a great job, Ye Jin. How much did Hyo Young pay you? Are you happy that you did it? Even though you had decided to back down and not continue on trying to hurt me, I don’t think I can forgive you just yet. In the beginning, you shouldn’t even have tried, because I bet you regretting, right? Here’s Byul, since it’s your week. Nevermind that, just take her, because I don’t think I’ll be coming around anymore,” Himchan said, as he pushed Byul towards Ye Jin.

“Again Hyo Young, stop trying to get me back. After realizing how we grew up liking each other, my feelings changed from being a good friend than a boyfriend to you. I couldn’t continue on how to love you, because you started to treat me like as if I didn’t matter at times, and embarrass me in front of my friends and yours. Sometimes, you even say the things that shouldn’t even be out. I’m surprised that you had the guts to hire Ye Jin to break my heart. I don’t know how girls think on revenge stuff, but you two did a great job. You both deserve a gold medal,” Himchan said at last, and walked away without looking back.

The next couple days became nothing but quietness. Every time when Himchan and Ye Jin would pass each other in hallways, he would ignore her.

Ye Jin worked on her homework one night, and kept on hearing Byul meow nonstop. “Byul-yah, stop it,” Ye Jin said softly. “Meow, meow,” Byul did again, not listening. “BYUL!” Ye Jin raised her voice in frustration, turning around to see Byul’s milk bowl emptied, and no cat food in her tray.

Byul sped under Ye Jin’s bed, as she had gotten scared. Ye Jin sighed heavily, as she rubbed the back of her neck. “I’m sorry Byul. I’m just tired and frustrated at the moment. Come out, please?” Ye Jin said, trying to get Byul out from under the bed.

No matter what Ye Jin did or say, Byul didn’t come out. She just meowed at Ye Jin, and scooted further from Ye Jin. “Byul, I’m sorry. Please don’t try to go away from me like him,” Ye Jin said, tearing up a little.

Ye Jin sniffed a bit and wiped the tears forming inside her eyes. “I’ll give you more food, so please come out and eat okay?” Ye Jin told Byul, as she walked to check inside her fridge and cabinet.

“No more cat food or milk?” Ye Jin said out of frustration, as she pulled her hair a bit. “Byul-yah, I’ll be back with more food okay? Please drink water for now,” Ye Jin spoke to her kitten, and replaced the milk bowl with water.

Ye Jin walked to the convenience store nearby her neighborhood, and shopped for milk and cat food. “Your total is $10.56,” the clerk said. Ye Jin gave him eleven dollars, and took her change after it was given and left.

While making her way back, she saw three guys chatting near her place. She ignored them, as she doesn’t like to make eye contact with guys like them.

“Oh, it’s Park Ye Jin,” a familiar voice said, and Ye Jin glanced at the guys. It was her old male classmate Kwangheng and his buddies. She ignored them and continued on walking to her home. “Why are you ignoring me, baby? Aren’t you glad to see me?” He spoke up some more.

Ye Jin tightened her grip on the plastic bags she held, and continued on walking. “So it’s like that now? After you changing schools and all, you’re going to ignore me like we never happened?” Kwangheng spoke up louder.

His buddies laughed, as they high fived each other. Ye Jin turned around to face him fearless, and rolled her eyes, as she saw him smirking at her. “Let’s hangout, yea?” He asked. “No,” Ye Jin answered. “Why not? You used to love hanging with me,” he said, and Ye Jin glared at him.

“We never happened, okay Kwangheng. I have nothing to do with you anymore. Leave me alone,” Ye Jin said, as she walked away up to her place, but then felt a hard pull. “Let me go!” Ye Jin shouted, as Kwangheng laughed and spun her around to face him.

“I think we should go have some fun,” Kwangheng said, as he pulled Ye Jin’s hand forcefully. “No, stop Kwangheng. Let me go! Release me this second!” Ye Jin screamed.

He harshly pushed her down on the ground, causing her to scrape her knee and chin. “See what happens when you’re moving too much? You fell and scraped your beautiful self,” Kwangheng said, as he pulled Ye Jin by her hair. “Stop it Kwangheng!” She yelped in pain.

“Let her go, you jerk!” Himchan shouted from behind Ye Jin, as she heard a loud thud on the ground next. Ye Jin turned around, and saw Himchan with Yongguk and his three other friends; Daehyun, Jongup, and Zelo.

“Who the are you?” Kwangheng asked, as he got up from the ground and wiped the blood on the left side of his mouth. “Noona, are you alright?” Jongup and Zelo both asked Ye Jin, as they helped her up. “I’m fine, thanks,” she replied.

Himchan looked at Kwangheng was a bit taller than he was, when he stood up, and answered, “I’m her boyfriend. What about you?”

Kwangheng snorted out a laugh, and punched Himchan without knowing. “That was cheat shot!” Yongguk shouted in anger, as Himchan smirked and punched Kwangheng back.

They both then grabbed each other by the shoulder, pulling each other back and forth, trying to get one of the other on the ground. With Himchan’s fast reflex, he tripped Kwangheng down, and sent two more blows on Kwangheng’s face.

He got up and was about to kick Kwangheng, when Ye Jin stopped him. “No more Himchan, stop,” Ye Jin pleaded, as Himchan backed away from the body lying on the ground.

Kwangheng had his hand covering his left eye, as he cried in pain. “Come near Ye Jin once again, and I’ll really smash you up worse than this!” Himchan warned the Kwangheng, as he got dragged away by his friends.

“Thanks for helping me out. I’m sorry you got slightly injured by this. I’ll see you tomorrow,” Ye Jin bowed, and thanked the guys. She slowly limped to pick up her stuff, but then found Byul’s milk carton had popped open and spilled everywhere.

She wiped the tears that slowly streamed down her cheeks, as she picked up the bag anyway. Suddenly, she felt a hand reaching out and holding her wrist. Ye Jin looked up to see Himchan looking at her. He saw more pain in her eyes than he ever did, and sighed.

“Can you guys go buy milk and cat food for Byul? Ye Jin and I will be waiting inside her house, incase those guys come back,” Himchan ordered the guys. “Let’s go!” Yongjae said, as they all left, except for Zelo. The young boy was still awing at the couple.

“C’mon bratty boy,” Daehyun said, pulling Zelo away by his collar shirt. “But-but-but!!” Zelo said, not wanting to leave. Himchan and Ye Jin giggled, and walked inside her place.

Byul trotted to the door, and Himchan warmly greeted her. Byul purred as Himchan hugged her. “I miss you so much, Byul-ssi. How are you, huh? Have you been a good girl?” Himchan asked Byul, as Ye Jin grabbed her first-aid kit box.

“Hold on okay Byul, I’m going to help your carelessly owner,” Himchan said, joking around. Ye Jin smiled a small one, as Himchan took out the alcohol bottle, and dabbed the q-tip inside the bottle.

“Don’t use that, it burns,” Ye Jin whined. “Then you won’t be cured as fast, and the bacteria and germs will get inside your scars,” Himchan said, as Ye Jin looked away. “Give me your knee,” Himchan demanded, and Ye Jin slowly lift her leg up, and placed it on Himchan’s lap.

He dabbed the q-tip gently on Ye Jin’s knee, and she cried a bit while flinching. “It’s almost done,” he told her, whilst holding her leg down. He grabbed a band-aid and bandaged it to her knee.

“Now your chin,” he said, as he pulled Ye Jin’s chair close to his. Himchan tilted Ye Jin’s head back, as he dabbed a bit of alcohol on her chin, and placed a tiny band-aid there too.

“You’re all set now,” Himchan said, and Ye Jin lowered her head back down, and faced Himchan. “Thanks,” she thanked him. “What about you?” Ye Jin asked, as she pointed at his lip. “It’s fine, I can just wash it off with water,” Himchan said, looking away.

“The guys are taking longer than I thought,” Himchan said, looking at his cell phone for the time. “Uhmm, what are you doing out late at night by my neighborhood?” Ye Jin asked Himchan. “Oh, we came out for fresh air, and happened to cross by your neighborhood only,” Himchan answered. “Ah, I see,” Ye Jin replied.

“Who was the dude?” Himchan asked. “Lee Kwangheng, a douche bag from old school who I used to be friends with and all,” Ye Jin answered. “Oh, he seems dangerous. Why’d you hangout with a guy like that for?” Himchan asked. “He didn’t seem like that type at first, but turned out to be later,” Ye Jin answered.

“Well, you’re in good terms now. Hopefully he won’t come back and bother you no more,” Himchan said with a sincere smile. Ye Jin smiled a small one, as four knocks came to her door.

Himchan rushed to open it, and it was his friends. “Took you all long enough,” he told them, as they apologized, and handed him the milk and cat food. “Here’s for Byul,” Himchan said, as he walked out. “Thanks,” Ye Jin said, and grabbing the food.

“Also, about earlier when I said I was your boyfriend—“

“I know, you were just saying it to help me out. It’s fine, I get it,” Ye Jin finished Himchan’s sentence, and bid goodbyes with him.

Ye Jin refilled Byul’s food and milk bowls, as she rested her head away from her homework, and watched a little television. Just then, there were several knockings at her door. She got up to open it, and there stood Himchan.

“I forgot something,” he told her. “Oh, what is it?” Ye Jin asked, as she backed away for Himchan to get in. “You,” he quietly said, and pulled Ye Jin in for a kiss.

Ye Jin was shocked at first, but then went along with the kiss. Himchan passionately kissed Ye Jin, as his warm hands rested on both her cheeks. He pulled away from the kiss, and pulled Ye Jin in for a hug.

“I can’t stay mad at you forever, I’m too madly in love with you. I’m still into you no matter what,” Himchan confessed. “Himchan-ssi...” Ye Jin speechlessly said his name aloud.

“I don’t care if you had worked with Hyo Young to hurt me. I found out from Hea Won that you had long liked me before, and Hyo Young got you in this trap only. I felt so bad for not trying to listen to you, and I couldn’t stay calm knowing that you were so calm about all this. I’m so sorry Ye Jin. I think I had hurt you more than you had hurt me,” Himchan apologized, as Ye Jin shook her head and smiled at him.

“I’m the one who should be sorry, because I worked with Hyo Young to hurt you. Himchan-ssi, you really don’t deserve me,” Ye Jin said, as Himchan lightly pinch her right cheek. “Don’t say that, because we’re both sorry at each of our own problems, and we can work things out. With Byul here with us too, I’m sure we can make it work,” Himchan said.

“Hm, so are you saying that if Byul isn’t here, it wouldn’t work?” Ye Jin asked in confusion. “No, no, not at all!” Himchan replied, not wanting Ye Jin to take it the wrong way. “Haha, just kidding,” Ye Jin said with a loud laugh, as Himchan laughed along too.

Himchan and Ye Jin kissed again and became the official couple, as Byul meowed once more.

THE END


 

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED MY LAME-O HIMCHAN ONE SHOT!

I WORKED ON IT ALL DAY TIL' NIGHT. LMAO!

Remember to check out my BITTER MONSTROSITY graphic shop, if you want any angsty or horror posters. To view it, GO TO MY STORIES THINGY. 

BYE! <3