Let Go...?

Letting Go

 

You were walking into the Café as you saw the two of them. You saw him stare at you. You looked at him coldly then at the girl next to him. Then you walked over to the table beside them as you looked down.

He continued to stare at you as his girlfriend was talking to him about something. He was pouring tea into his girlfriend’s cup. “Yah Peniel!” his girlfriend said shocked as the tea started to overflow. He quickly shifted his attention to her. “Ah I’m sorry. Here.” He told her as he grabbed the napkin and got up to help wipe her clothes.

You stared at the two of them as a smile formed on your lips. ‘They’re cute together.’ You thought to yourself. But you didn’t like that fact. In fact you hated it so much. You wanted him and you knew he wanted you too but he had her.

He got up when he finished helping her. “I’m so sorry.” He apologized again to his girlfriend. “It’s okay Oppa. Is something bothering you? You seem off these past few days.” She asked him the question you were scared to hear from her. He scratched his neck as he shook his head. He took a quick glance at you which sent a chill down your spine. “No it’s nothing. Probably just work. You know all the stress.” He lied to her. She got up from her seat and hugged him. “Oppa rest more.” She told him.

You stood up from your seat which got their attention. You blinked your eyes once as you realized what you just did. You quickly turned to the couple and smiled. “I’m sorry that I startled you. I just remembered something.” You quickly said as you grabbed your bag and left.

His girlfriend looked at him. “That was weird huh?” she asked him. He watched as you left. “Yea” he answered her softly.

You were sitting in your car outside the café. Your phone rang. It was him. He left you a message.

Meet me tonight. Same place.

-Peniel

You wanted to reply "No". You wanted to say you guys should stop. You hated that he was cheating and you were the third wheel in their relationship. But because you loved him that’s not what you put.

Sure

-you

You drove off.

 

You were sitting on the bed in the small apartment that the both of you rented. A one room apartment with one bathroom and the kitchen and living room connected. A simple apartment. The apartment where you both would meet and make love.

You heard the door open. You stayed still as you heard his footsteps coming closer. He opened the bedroom door to find you there sitting, frozen. “you” he called your name softly.

You tightened your grip on the bed side. “Don’t take a step closer.” You said coldly. He was taken aback. “What’s wrong?” he asked you as if your relationship was a normal one. You scoffed. “You know what’s wrong.” you answered him as you glared at him. It sent chills down his body as he saw your icy cold eyes stare him down. He took a step closer and kneeled down to you. He touched your face softly which sent chills down your body again. You tried to look away. Your tried to avoid those eyes of his that longed for you. You hated it.

“I’m sorry.” You heard him for the first time apologize to you. You turned your head to him. “W…what did you say?” you asked him because his apology didn’t sink into your mind. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I’m not loyal to you and her. I’m cheating on her with you. I’m sorry it had to be you. I’m sorry that I long for you. That I’m falling for you when I know it’s wrong.” He answered you calmly in that voice.

Your eyes started to get watery as he continued. “I know I shouldn’t be doing this anymore. I love her but I’m falling for you. I need to be loyal to her. She’s precious to me too.” You heard those words you didn’t want to hear from him. Finally your tears started to flow out. “I’m sorry for making you love me too. I’m sorry.” He told you as he wiped your tears away. You held his hand and took it away from your face as you locked eyes with him. You formed a smile. A warm smile.

“Be loyal to her. Go back to her.” You told him. He gave you a sorry look. “I’ll be fine. I can live without you. She needs you more than me. She’s who you really love. I’m just an obstacle. Just get over me like I’ll learn how to get over you.” You continued saying those words that you didn’t expect to come out of your own mouth.

You stared at him again and smiled. “I’ll be fine. Go back to her.” You told him again.

Then he did the unexpected.

He kissed you.

You felt his warm lips against yours. Your eyes widen at his sudden action. You were shocked but it wasn’t like this was the first time but this one felt different. You felt all the emotions just in that one kiss as you close your eyes and fell into them.

Then it broke.

You opened your eyes to see him there smiling with tears flowing down his face. You smiled back as tears flowed down your face as well. “I love you” you told him one last time. He nodded his head. “Bye” you told him as you stood up.

You were about to walk out of the room but then you turned back to him. “Be good to her.” you told him.

As you left you thought you heard him say, “I loved you too and I will. I’ll take care of her and love her more than I ever loved her before”. You smiled as you left the apartment.

You finally did it. You finally let him go. You finally did the right thing. And you didn’t hate it in fact you were looking forward to what was going to happen next.

You started to imagine your better future.