When You Guys First Met Awkwardly

Paradise.. ( an Infinite scenarios collection )

When You Guys First Met Awkwardly

as requested by berryxstraw

 

-Woohyun-

 

You sat at your favorite booths in a Starbucks shop near your dorm. It was like only three blocks away from your dorm that coming here has become a routine for you. You usually hang out with your friends here, but this time, it's kinda different. You came here not to hang out with friends, but instead, you're in a middle of a blind date that your mom set you up into. You played with your spoon meanlessly in boring as it's been 30 minutes you're here, and yet that guy still hasn't come yet. Getting bored for another minute, you decided to call your bestfriend.

"Hey~," you talked the second your friend said Hello at the other line. "Why are you calling me ? Don't tell me that you're--," you just cut her off and finished her words instead. "That I'm bailing out again ? Of course not! I'm being a good girl today...waiting here...for like half an hour, and yet that stupid guy still hasn't come," you started rambling about that guy. "I hate blind date....*sigh*," you heaved a big sigh and your friend just laughed over it. "Yah!" you yelled at her. It was loud..too loud that even a guy who sat right across your booth tilted his head up and stared at you awkwardly. You then blinked away as soon as possible from him and kept on going with your conversation.

"This Nam Woohyun guy really gets me on my nerve...Goosh..I bet he's not more than a douchebag whose best traits is spending his mom's money to play with girls," you kept on speaking with a volume that's loud enough to even be heard by people surrounding you. "Yah-yah...shut your mouth up, stop judging befor even you met him! What if you'll regret all those things later..," your friend said. "Geez, you're totally being my mom....," you replied her annoyedly. "You know you always wrong in making predictions, right ?" she said, and apparently that was right though. You chuckled a bit and then decided to just end the conversation. "Talking to you doesn't make me feel any better...*sigh*, I'm hanging up now,"

"Good luck, dear!" she said before finally hanging up. You just plastered a faint smile and slipped your phone back to your pouch. Again...being dragged back to the drowsiness of waiting for this Nam Woohyun. You promised yourself that if in fifteen minutes he's still not coming, you'd just leave.

"Are you looking for Nam Woohyun ?" suddenly a gentle voice echoed. You looked up to see who's the owner of this voice, and slightly taken aback when you realised that it was the guy across your booth earlier who's talking. "Y-ye? How did you know that I'm waiting for Nam Woohyun ?" you stuttered. He then just sat at another seat at your booth and threw a weak smile. "I heard your conversation with your friend earlier..," he replied. 'What...the hell is this guy doing?' you silently wondered around. Your eyes were still busy examining his whole appeareance which seemed so fine.

"I am NAM WOOHYUN," you snapped back and balled your eyes out hearing his words. "You--what ? You who ?" you started panicking. "I am NAM-WOO-HYUN," Woohyun's face now turned horror and he raised his voice. You just shut your eyes in embarrassment and rabbed your back neck guiltily. It feels like being in public...knowing that the person whom you kept talking about earlier actually heard all those negative things you're assuming about him.

"A-Annyeong haseyo, Nam Woohyun-sshi..," you greeted him awkwardly. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to say--," you stood up and intended to apologize but ended up being cut by him. "That's okay..I forgive you, because you're cute," he dragged you back to your seat by holding your wrist. You just furrowed your eyebrows while thinking 'Look look, this guy is a total womanizer....the way he talks..eewwh'

"Stop thinking that I'm a womanizer," Woohyun bluntly said to you and planted a smirk at the very corner of his lips. "I-I didn't think about that...," you obviously lied. "Oh really ? But you're still giving me that look, young lady..," Woohyun leaned closer to you and this time his expression turned brighter. "What look ?" you asked him confusedly.

"The that-guy-is-a-total-womanizer look...," added him. "No no no no no no I'm not giving you such look," Woohyun just chuckled hearing your protest. He obviously knew that you were lying. "That's why I'm here to prove you wrong.....and make you regretting all those words you said about me earlier," he playfully made jokes about that not-supposed-to-be-heard-by-him conversation earlier, and your face just become redden.

 

-Myungsoo-

 

You came straight at seven o'clock to the dental clinic to re-check your reserved appointment with your dentist. You walked to the quite crowded nurse station and the nurse then asked you to sign some documents first before allowing you to wait at the dentist waiting room. "Can I borrow a pen please ?" you asked the nurse politely because you got no pen. The nurse just told you to wait a little bit because apparently all the pens were used by the others.

You just nodded your head when suddenly a guy handed a pen to you and willingly to lend his pen to you. "Here, you can use mine," he offered sweetly, not to mention he plastered a smile at his face while doing that. You bowed a bit and thanked him before finally deciding to use that pen. You then sucessfully signed several documents. But it seems like the nurses were too busy to take back your documents that you spent almost five minutes holding that papers, waiting that nurse to take back your paper.

You hate waiting...you hate it that you didn't even realize that you were actually doing something too embarassing. Something that you would never think you'd do. "Excuse me...," a quite familiar voice echoed at your ears followed by a light tap at your right shoulder. "I'm sorry but you're chewing my pen right now," the owner said while he's trying hard to hold back his laughter. You balled your eyes in surprise and took that pen off your mouth as soon as possible. "Omomo..I'm so sorry..I'll get you the new one...I'm sorry," you bowed your head in embarrassment awkwardly as it's impossible to give the pen back to him anymore.

"That's okay...you don't have to..," he said. "N-No...that's okay...it's my fault, I need to get you the new pen..," you protested to him. He just laughed over you, and you felt like a total fool in front of him. 'Wae-wae that happened.....with a cute guy's pen...ARRRGHHHHHH babo babo..' you cursed yourself silently and ruffled your hair in frustration.

"Mr. Kim Myungsoo..," a nurse suddenly called a name that caused him to turn around. "Ye..," he responded it asap and turned away from you. "Here's your queue number, the waiting room is right by the end of that corridor," the nurse explained politely to him, and he just bobbed his head up and down. "Thanks..," he replied. While you..well you were to busy being shocked by the fact that he's going to the same dentist with you. And most likely, you'll spend the waiting time awkwardly because he'd be there too.

"I'll excuse myself first then..," he said to you before finally leaving. As you still need to wait for your queue number, you couldn't help but just stood there. "Okay...I'll get you the new pen, I promise, Kim Myungsoo-sshi," you still talked about the pen and that automatically drew him into laughter again. "Okay then," he smiled before finally advancing to the waiting room.