Whan You're in Labor (part 4-1)

Paradise.. ( an Infinite scenarios collection )

Hi guys~~

I'm back and really pleased to tell you that I've graduated already now :)

Thanks for all the supports~!

Enjoy this chapter~! I break it into two parts bcs turns out it's longer than I expected it :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When You're in Labor

 

-Hoya-

“W—what’s wrong, baby ?” Hoya asked in panic seeing you uncomfortably shifting at your seat. His left hand carefully reached your right knee as he was trying to get a response from you.

“It…ouch…it hurts Howon-ah…something wrong, it hurts,” your face was totally contorted in pain and Hoya couldn’t hide the horror at his face when he heard your stuttered response. He hastily stopped the car at the sideway and tried to calm you down. He rubbed your belly and tried to tell you to breathe in order to get you really talk to him.

But you came out with nothing, the more you tried to talk, the more you felt like passing out because of the sudden pain piercing your whole belly. The only thing you could do was just clasping onto Hoya’s hand while your other free hand  clutched your harden lower abdomen.

“You can’t be in labor, right ?” Hoya tried to stress out the fact that the pain wasn’t labor related since he’s pretty conscious about how long have you been carrying the baby. “It’s still your 30th, you can’t be in labor this fast….m—maybe it’s just a Braxton hicks contraction….baby try to breathe…,” Hoya gestured you to breathe but things didn’t get any better. In fact, it worsen when you realized a trickle of reddish liquid oozed down your leg.

“Howon-ah…..it’s blood…,” you cried out as you groggily took a peek of what’s happening down there. “It’s blood…..it’s bleeding…ouch Howon-ah, it’s blood….oh no..!!” you screamed in  pain.

“W-what ?” asked Hoya anxiously. He could really feel that his heart stopped at the words ‘blood’. He quickly checked the space between your leg..and yes, it was blood. He mentally freaked out but tried to remain calm in front of you because he awfully aware that him being freaken out would only worsen you and the baby’s condition.  

“Oh my God what’s happening,” Hoya then started the car engine and turned back to the hospital in panic.

Just as soon as you arrived at the hospital Hoya helped you unbuckled the seatbelt and carried you out of the car. It didn’t took so long when you suddenly surrounded by nurses and other paramedics. They lifted you to the stretchers and put an oxygen mask around your mouth, not to mention also injected a pretty big IV needle to your vein.

 You winced as the needle painfully pierced your trembling hand, but then you felt a bit relieved when you felt something warm wrapped your hand. It’s Hoya, he was beside you all the time, not to mention slightly running as he tried to keep up with your stretcher which’s raced to the OB/GYN Emergency Room at full speed.

“I’m sorry Sir, but you have to wait here,” Hoya scrunched his face in disagree when one of the paramedics tried to block him from the entrance.

“She’s my wife, please just let me in,” he said, trying hard to be as composed as he could be.

“Please…she’s in so much pain..I—I need to be there….,” Hoya said again in a softer tone, almost as soft as a plea.

“I’m so sorry, Sir, but the hospital regulations says so,” he consistently tried to forbid Hoya at the entrance.

In the end Hoya ended up at the waiting room. As soon as the door’s closed, he collapsed at the waiting bench near the ER and buried his head frustratedly in his hands. The next minute he found himself pacing the waiting area, impatiently waiting for the doctors to come out to tell him how’s his wife doing.

Just then, Hoya noticed a guy in white coat who pretty much looks like the ER on call doctor at the time came out from the swinging door and that guy was looking for Hoya. He instantly rushed the doctor and asked him with a worried face.

“I’m her husband. How is she doing ? Sh-she didn’t lose the baby, did she ?” Hoya asked him in a somber tone. He of course didn’t want anything bad happen to the love of his life and their baby, but deep inside he knew that somehow the real purpose of the doctor coming out looking for him was not to tell him a good news. He just knew it from the way the doctor tried to dodge Hoya’s eyes as they talked.

“Mr. Lee, your wife went into preterm labor and she’s hemorrhaging now. We need to do an emergency caesarean section immediately if there’s any hope in saving her and the baby,” the doctor tried to sound as calm as possible in case Hoya’s gonna freaking out.

“Are you saying that there’s a possibility –that--,” Hoya paused. He literally felt choked as he slowly registered the sentence that doctor told him earlier in a further elaboration. “Are you saying that she could die ?”

“I’m so sorry to tell you this, but that exactly what’s gonna happen if we didn’t do the c-section immediately,” explained the doctor. “Not only your wife but it could also put your baby in a more dangerous situation,”

Hoya couldn’t breathe. He didn’t even know what would he do if you die. What would he tell your parents ? What would he could even possibly do without you ? How would he go on if there’s no you ? All those questions started eating him alive. He needs you. He needs you so bad there’s no way he could live without you.

“Mr. Lee, we need your permission to go ahead with the procedure,” the doctor brought Hoya back to his sense.

“Do whatever you need to save her and the baby,” Hoya told him. The doctor handed him a paper and told him to sign it. The doctor nodded after Hoya signed the paper and rushed back to the room.

Hoya sat down at the bench as soon as the doctor rushed back to the room. He didn’t think his weary legs were still strong enough to support him any longer. He could've sworn he felt  his surroundings was spinning around and hot tears blurred his vision. For the first time in his life, he felt his whole world crashing into pieces.

It was hell.

It was hell for him.

It was hell for him to be seated at that very room waiting the doctor to come out.

 Waiting the doctor to come out to either tell him the bad news or the good news. It’s all by 50 : 50 now. The fact that the doctor once mentioned that there’s a possibility of you dying truthfully scares the hell out of him.

“Howon-ah!”

Hoya jerked his head up as someone from the distance called out his name. “G-gyu hyung, Dongwoo hyung,”

The two elder guys walked to his direction and sat down on either side of him.

“How’s her ? and the baby ? Are they okay ?” Dongwoo asked him worriedly while Sunggyu just sat there as he rubbed Hoya’s back up and down, trying to calm him down. Hoya buried his head down to his palms, he didn’t even know what to tell his brothers. He didn’t even have any courage to re-tell the situation. All he did was just shaking his head, gesturing that everything’s not okay.

“I don’t know…I don’t know hyung…what if..what if she really die,” he muttered lowly. It was so low that it even sounded like muffled because his hands were busy hiding all those tears soaking his face.

“Everything’s gonna be okay, Howon-ah,” said Sunggyu understandingly. “Yeah…just—just don’t think about it too much, Howon-ah,” this time Dongwoo tried to soothe, but somehow for Hoya that comment sounds pretty much like a reckless comment that does nothing but pissed him.

“Don’t think about it too much you said ?” Hoya turned to Dongwoo and asked him in disbelief. “The doctor just told me that there’s a possibility of her dying, hyung. She could ing DIE and now you’re telling me to not think about it too much ??”

“L—look sorry Howon-ah what I was trying to say is—that you shouldn’t lose your hope. She’s a strong woman, she’s gonna make it..,” replied Dongwoo. Hoya suddenly changed the espression at his face and looked at him apologetically.

“I’m sorry hyung..I—I shouldn’t talk to you like that…my head is just--,” Dongwoo nodded his head quickly and patted his shoulder as he cut him off. “That’s okay, I know it’s hard to be in a situation like this……,”

“You know I didn’t even get to hold her hand during labor just like what you and Gyu hyung did…..I—I’m such a bad husband…I—I didn’t even tell her that I love her before they brought her to that room,” Hoya couldn’t help but burst into tears. “I didn’t even get to kiss her good night before she lost her consciousness and closed her eyes….,”

“…and now the doctor told me that she could be die because of this, hyung what should I do…,” he couldn’t stop as tears made its way down his cheek. Sunggyu and Dongwoo at the other side remained still, frozen at their seat, not knowing how to make Hoya feel even a tiny bit better.

An hour later Hoya noticed the red lamp at the top of the door was turned off. His heart rang in pain as he mentally imagined the worst scenario that would probably told by the doctor. He quickly rose from his seat and paced in front of the door, hoping that someone would come out through that door. Sunggyu and Dongwoo as well followed him when they saw a doctor came out and approached Hoya.

“How’s my wife ?” he asked him fearfully.