When You're in Labor (part3)

Paradise.. ( an Infinite scenarios collection )

When You're in Labor

 

-Woohyun-

“Woohyun-ah, can you please prop me with some pillows on the back…ugh this is getting more and more uncomfortable I hate it,” you started grumbling annoyedly under your breath as you shifted uncomfortably at that less-spacey hospital bed. Woohyun took some pillows and helped you supported your back. He then sat by the edge of your bed and asked if you need something else but you just shook your head lightly though Woohyun knew it really well that you’re still uncomfortable as hell.

“A walk ? you know they say walking might help inducing labor,” Woohyun offered you an enlighting solution. “Just stop teasing me with that, Nam Woohyun, how am I supposed to ‘have a walk’ when my belly is literally LITERALLY stretched to its limits and I feel like I could burst any minutes!” Woohyun threw you a bitter smile knowing his question earlier was being taken out of context by the overly-sensitive-you. “And your pregnancy hormones kicking in again,” Woohyun said in the most insensitive tone ever.

“Woohyun! “ you whined at him with a so-not-good expression and grabbed a handful of his shirt. “You are being insensitive I hate you!” you scoffed.  Woohyun smiled cheesily and cupped your face with his firm hand, trying to calm you down.  “Sweetheart, I wouldn’t be here at the very first place if I’m being insensitive,” Woohyun whispered and placed a quick peck at your lips.

Woohyun then leaned over your baby belly and rubbed it gently. “Little princess, when will you come out ? you better come out asap because mommy would keep throwing fits at daddy if you don’t want to come out, help me..,” Woohyun whispered low to your belly but it was quite loud enough you could even hear it. “Yah!” you landed a quite awakening smack at Woohyun’s back. “Look what she just did to me, baby..you better come out now, oh ?” you cracked a little smile seeing his weird four dimensionallish behavior.

“Arghhh,” you let out a small groan as another sharp contraction kicked in. Woohyun jerked up and plastered his panic face as you instinctively clasped to his shirt. “B-Babe, should I just call the doctor ?” you shook your head with your hands almost squeezed his as you shut your eyes tight, trying hard to swallow down the pain. “No…it’s fine now…it stopped now…,” you gradually loosened your grip off of Woohyun’s hand.

“Honey, maybe you were right, would you help me for a walk ?”

“O-okay…here let me help you,” Woohyun then helped you get up from the bed and held your hands . Woohyun then assisted you walking around the hospital ward you’re in and seriously can’t get his eyes off of you and the space between your leg in case your water broke.

“Woohyun-ah..,”

“Hmm ?”

“I changed my mind,” I exclaimed and Woohyun eyed me confusedly. “I don’t want to have a baby . I’m scared.  Can we just go home ? We can just get a puppy instead, I promise I’d let that puppy sleep in our bed if you want…well…just once a week though,” you’re getting irrationally out of your mind as the contractions getting more and more closer. Woohyun just chuckled and tried to surpress his laugh. “Look, we can’t go home, you’re going to have a baby, our baby,” Woohyun said at the sweetest tone. “This labor is taking forever…..this baby is…..ouchhh,” just before you finished speaking you let out a painful yell and Woohyun rushed his hand to your lower abdomen. “Are you okay?” Woohyun asked you cautiously. You nodded your head a little and continued to walk.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go back to your bed and call the doctor ?” Woohyun had his arms around you and guided you carefully. “Nah..I’m fine…,” you did feel a little tired from walking but you just didn’t want to stop walking because so far this walking method turned out working that you had your contractions stronger and closer.

Just as you and Woohyun were at your third lap, you could notice a trickle of fluid trickled down between your legs down. “Woo-woohyun-ah..,” you squeezed his hand to get his attention. “I don’t know but I guess my water just broke,” you could feel a more obvious liquid gush came out from your . Woohyun then picked you up and carried you back to the bed. “Oh my God this is really happening, Oh my God….I need to call the doctor,” Woohyun then pressed the emergency button to call the nurse and in flash seconds they arrived with white gloves on their hands.

“Okay Mrs. Nam you’re almost 10 centimeters dilated now,” the nurse confirmed and then you’re being moved to the actual delivery room. “Woohyun-ah I’m scared…,” you reached out for his hand as soon as they got you moved to your labor bed. And as all those nurse and paramedics prepping this whole labor procedure, you started being chickened out  and doubt if you could really do this or not.

“Please just take me home…ARGHHH,” you cried as the bigger and probably the worst wave of contractions you’ve ever had strikes in and got you shuddered hard. “I don’t want to have this baby, Nam Woohyun, I want to go home…nowww,” again, you’re being peculiarly emotional  and told Woohyun to just take you home which is impossible because you’re 90% dilated and was about to have that baby very shortly.

“ Look baby, we can’t….okay? You’re about to give birth to our little princess shortly,” Woohyun said sympathically as he brushed some hair from your face. “Don’t be afraid, babe. I’ll be right beside you through all this, you’re going to be okay,” He then place a soft kiss at your forehead.

The doctor then came to the delivery room and sat at his position. All the paramedics team were all ready and so did Woohyun. He gave you his hands and you hung unto it as if it was a lifeline. You squeezed it hard for what it’s worth as you kept pushing the baby down the birth canal.

You were in so much pain more than you could ever imagine that the only thing you could do was wondering if you could really pass this without dying on this labor bed.  “A few more push, Mrs. Nam, you’re doing a great job,” you could vividly hear what the doctor said. Woohyun then reciprocally supported you but you’re just too tired that you stopped pushing halfway. “I just can’t….,” you panted and gasped for some air to breath. It seems like you’ve been pushing forever for nothing.

“Keep pushing, baby…push for me…for our baby, okay ?”

“NO!”

“Yes! Yes you can,”

And as if that unborn daughter of yours getting impatient inside, you felt another huge rush of pain within your almost-tearing-apart body you couldn’t help but to start pushing again. “ARGHHHH,” you squeezed Woohyun’s hand again and let out a quite louder cry.

“The head’s out!” that was the phrase you’ve been waiting ever since. The head…yes the hardest part halfway almost done. And just like that, with a few more gut-shrinking pushes and some strikes of killer squeeze to Woohyun’s hand, the baby was born.

“Congratulations Mr & Mrs Nam, you have a very beautiful and healthy baby girl,” you just couldn’t describe how amazing it felt like when you heard the doctor said that. You finally did it. You and Nam Woohyun just added one beautiful member to this little family and it felt indescribably amazing that you could just cry.

“Oh my God Woohyun-ah…we did it…,” you clasped to Woohyun. “Yes we did, honey….Thank you so much for giving birth to this beautiful baby, Oh my God I can’t believe I’m a father now…Oh my God..,” Woohyun just wouldn’t stop rambling.

“Have you both prepared name ?” the head nurse asked as she started cleaning the baby. “Yes we did,” you said as you eyed Woohyun blissfully. “It’s Minjoo, Nam Minjoo,” Woohyun stated proudly.