When You're in Labor (part2)

Paradise.. ( an Infinite scenarios collection )

When You're in Labor

 

-Dongwoo-

“Dongwoo-ah…,” you shook his body and tried to wake him up from his superbly deep slumber as a wave of fishy too-frequent contractions kicked in and made you all uncomfortable. “Jang Dongwoo...,” you remained calm and kept shaking Dongwoo’s body. Dongwoo stirred a bit and mumbled some clear muffled words but there’s no sign he’s opening his eyes any soon. You groaned to yourself and smacked his shoulder even harder. “Yah JANG DONGWOO wake up!!” you absent-mindedly raised your voice to the extent you didn’t even know you could do.

Dongwoo jolted in shock as the last strive did wake him up. He sleepishly rubbed his eyes and turned to you. “What is it, babe ?” he asked you, still had no idea about what’s going on. “I don’t feel really well…the baby keeps kicking and contractions comes one after another…I guess I might be in labor soon,” you told him in the tranquillest tone to push down any posiility of Dongwoo freaking out. “Are you sure ?” asked Dongwoo calmly, still with his sleepish hoarse voice. You mumbled a yes as bobbing your head up and down.

“WHAT-WHAT DID YOU SAY ? YOU’RE IN LABOR ??!!?” five seconds later it seemed like Dongwoo had gained all his sanity thread and started freaking the hell out of him. He rushed his body out of the bed and wandered around the bedroom aimlessly with his hands deliberately rubbing the crook of his neck in panic. “We should go to the hospital…we should go to the hospital…,” he mumbled unclearly under his breath as he finally moved closer to help you get up from the bed.

“Calm down, Jang Dongwoo, now get the suitcase and baby bag first,” in contrast with Dongwoo, you looked way calmer and composed. It all thanks to the childbirth class you attended these past months. “Where..where is it ??” Dongwoo seriously couldn’t hide how nervous he is and asked loudly as he scanned the whole room.

“Ehm..Dongwoo-ah…it’s there,” you dully pointed to where the bags were. “Oouch…,” you winced in pain when another contraction rang. “B-babe..are you okay ??” Dongwoo made a commotion with the bags and tossed them right away the moment he heard you yelping in pain and rushed to your side to hold your hand. “I—I’m fine Dongwoo-ah…now go change first before we’re leaving to the hospital, the baby can wait,” he rubbed your belly and you smiled weakly despite the ringing pain.

In a flash seconds Dongwoo then came out with a plain white tee and grey cardigan. He pulled the sleeves up till his elbow. “Come on, now help me get that cardigan, Dongwoo-ah,” seeing him all changed, you readjusted your position at the bed, getting ready to get up.

After everything all ready, Dongwoo carefully guided you to the car. Thank God midnight Seoul is trafficless and in a 15 minutes ride, you both arrived at the hospital. You and Dongwoo then went to the nurse station. “My wife is in labor!! MY WIFE IS IN LABOR!!” Dongwoo couldn’t get a grip of himself anymore and raised his voice, unaware of his surroundings. The nurses then wheeled a wheelchair to your direction. Dongwoo and a nurse carefully assisted you to sit at the wheel chair before finally you’re advanced to the delivery room.

“Is this really happening ?” Dongwoo asked himself as he settled his position beside your bed. He looks rather scared than excited all of a sudden. “Baby are you sure you wanna have a natural childbirth ?” you turned your head to Dongwoo and eyed him questioningly. Instead of giving you support, he started doubting your decision. “What the…Dongwoo, the hell is wrong with you ? This is the last seconds and you dare asking me that ?” you answered him irritatedly, and the contractions you kept having made the atmosphere got even worsen. "It's not too late to tell the doctor that we want a c-section if you want," Dongwoo added. “You know about the risk of having a natural childbirth, the bleeding, complication, and stuffs..I’m just—I’m just afraid that something might happen during the labor, I’m--,” you groaned at Dongwoo and his so out of the blue anxiety. “Nothing’s going to happen, Jang Dongwoo…I’ve told you like million times already, and I thought we’ve dealt about this the last time we discussed,"

“But--,” You cut him off roughly. “Just stop with the buts, Jang Dongwoo. I’ve decided to do this, and you have to deal with this, or else just get out of this room, because apparently I can do this alone,” you lost your temper and getting emotional that you felt hot tears pooled at the end of your glands. “Do we really have to fight over this now, Jang Dongwoo??”

“A—araso, babe..I’m—I’m sorry for overexaggerating, I’m sorry I'm just scared that something might happened,” Dongwoo went panic seeing you crying and tried to soothe you down. He mentally punched himself for doing this to you and regretted it right away. “I’m sorry…If this is what you want, then I’m in,” Dongwoo smiled weakly and wiped away those tears from your cheeks. “And please don’t kick me out of the room, because I want to be here for you, for our son,” Dongwoo held your hand tight and squeezed a bit to make you feel really sure.

“So, are we ready now, Mrs. Jang ?” the doctor came it with a smile and walked towards the end of your bed. “I am,” you replied him short and then turned your head to Dongwoo. “Are you ready ?” you asked him weakly. Dongwoo just nodded his head, cuing that he’s also ready. “Lets do this, I really can’t wait to see my son,” exclaimed Dongwoo with a warm smile.

-------------

it'd be great if you guys comment and tell me what do you think instead of being a silent reader ^^

thank you