When You're in Labor ( part1 )

Paradise.. ( an Infinite scenarios collection )

When You're in Labor

 

-Sunggyu-

“Sunggyu,” you called his name, and just like that Sunggyu jerked up from his seat and asked if you felt any pain or something. “What—what is it baby ? Is it hurt ? Are you having a contraction again ?” asked Sunggyu, exaggerated, not to mention hint of anxiety all over his face. He’s been behaving like this ever since you both arrived at the hospital four hours ago. Sunggyu rushed you to the hospital as soon as he noticed that you were having several contractions. You kept telling him that it’s fine, that it’s just a regular contractions, but then it got even stronger and stronger you couldn’t help but to let him bring you to the hospital.

“No it’s not the contraction,” you replied him dully. “Then what is it ? What do you need, baby ?” Sunggyu asked you again as he your hair gently. “Can you please get my phone? I need to call my mom,” you pointed to your phone at the table and patted Sunggyu’s hand, telling him to get it since you’re stuck at this bed with the cardiotocography belt strapped to your abdomen. “Are you sure she’d pick up your call ? I mean it’s 2 in the morning, baby, maybe we should just tell her tomorrow morning,” said Sunggyu. He then got up from his seat and passed the phone to you.

“But it won’t hurt to try, right ?” you spoke while your fingers started pushing the number. And afterall Sunggyu was right, your mom was unreachable. You pouted and put the phone back to the bedside disappointedly because you really felt like hearing your mom’s voice at the time. You’re wickedly scared about this labor things and the only person who probably could help you to overcome this is just your mom. Even Sunggyu couldn’t even make you feel all comfortable because afterall it’s his first time too. Albeit the fact that he had read every single books about labor and childbirth to prepare himself facing the labor, you still could really see that he’s in nervous right now, and there’s no way he could make you feel better seeing him like that.

All of a sudden you felt an emotional rush that tears started b around your eyes and in flash seconds you burst into tears, sobbing hard. “Wae-waegeurae ? Why are you crying ? Is it hurt again?” Sunggyu went panic. “Just stop asking me that, Kim Sunggyu!” you unconsciously raised your voice frustratedly and cried even harder. Sunggyu was taken aback as you never really get this emotional. Even during the pregnancy, this is like the first time he saw you breaking down in front of him. He knew that maybe it’s just the hormonal roller-coaster ride but still, it shocked him for real that he didn’t even know what to do.

Slowly, he then carefully held you in his arm as he sat next to you at the bed. “It’s just..the more you asked me that, the more I’m getting scared…I’m scared, Sunggyu-ah..what if—what if something happens ? What if I couldn’t do this ?” you buried your head at Sunggyu’s chest and cried even harder. “I’m—I’m sorry….Sshh, stop crying, it’ll scare the baby,” he whispered to your ear as rubbing your back gently. You nuzzled your head at his shoulder and tried to stop crying. For some reasons his warmth made you feel better and his scent gradually intoxicated you to be calmer. “It’s going to be a lie if I told you that I’m not scared, of course I am too…but I believe everything’s going to be okay,” he added before placing a quick peck at your forehead.

After that emotional breakdown drama, Sunggyu decided to just sit by the end of the bed and told you to just go to sleep with his hand holding onto yours. “How am I supposed to sleep, I feel all uncomfortable,” you muttered as uncomfortably swifting at the bed. Sunggyu eyed you with a distressed expression and got up from the bed to get something that he thought would make you feel better. When he came back, he lifted your hospital gown and  he started kneading your lower back with his lotion-covered fist. “Feel a little better?”

“Mmm, gosh…my husband is wonderful,” you groaned blissfully and closed your eyes, drowning yourself to the sensation of his hand on your back that magically made you felt a little better. You were on your way to the paradise when all of a sudden a strong contraction kicked in. You bat your eyes open and screamed in pain. “Aarghhh,” you let out and clutched onto your lower abdomen. Meanwhile, Sunggyu jolted from the bed and tried hard to NOT PANIC but he failed the second you screamed for the second time. “KIM SUNGGYU PUSH THE ING BUTTON, THIS IS GETTING WORSE…AARGHHH,” you clutched to his hand telling him to call the doctor because the pain is getting worse you felt like your body tearing itself. “I’ve called him…you should calm down baby….breathe…breathe..,” Sunggyu soothed you despite the panic attack he’s suffering now and your hair as he kept holding your hand tight. “HELP ME SUNGGYU-AH..HELP ME,” you screamed again and again, not to mention squeezing Sunggyu’s hand hard as the stronger wave of pain started torturing you like crazy.

In a matter of seconds, the doctor rushed to your ward to check if it’s really the time or not. After declaring that you’re dilated enough, the nurses then rushed you to the delivery room. Sunggyu followed beside the stretcher as he kept whispering that everything’s gonna be okay. “It hurts, Sunggyu-ahh…,” was the only thing that repetitively came out from your mouth. “I know..I know, it’ll end soon, baby….be strong,”

“Mr. Kim, are you sure you want to be inside the delivery room ?” the doctor asked while the nurses started prepping you at the delivery room. Without any single hesitation Sunggyu nodded his head. “No baby, you don’t need to be….ARGHHH..here…I can do this…ughhhhh,” despite the pain, you urged Sunggyu to not be at the delivery room during the process because you know he’s not a big fan of blood and stuffs. “But that’s okay, I’m fine..I want to be here with you,” he said strongwilledly. “You don’t..ughhh..need to be…ARGHHHHHH..just IN COME HERE AND HOLD ME KIM SUNGGYU, HELP ME,” you cried in pain and instead of telling him to stay outside, you told him to hold your hand. Sunggyu became alerted and dressed himself in the sterilized hospital gown before finally rushing to your bedside.

“Okay, let’s do this, Mrs. Kim,” the doctor cued, and the real war had just began. You could swear that the only thing you did were just pushing, pushing, and pushing for the past hour but there’s still no sign of the baby’s head to come out. “Sunggyu-ah I can’t do this..,” you said breathlessly as you’re getting tired and loosened your grip at Sunggyu’s hand. Sunggyu then wiped away all the sweats damped your forehead with the cold towel and wouldn’t stop encouraging you. “Yes you can, you’re amazing, you can do this baby, you can,” Sunggyu said. He placed a tender kiss at your forehead and kept telling you to push.

“One more push, Mrs. Kim, I almost see the baby’s head now,” the doctor told you. You clenched your teeth, arched your neck in order to push the pain down, and screamed. “ARGHHHHHH…KIM IN SUNGGYU THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT..ARGHHHHH I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT” you would really need to apologize to Sunggyu after this. Not only you did blame and cursed him, you painfully aware that you even dug your nail as you clenched hard to his hands at this last push. “Good girl…good girl..,” Ignoring the pain he’s suffering right now, Sunggyu just kept on encouraging you.

“SUNGGYU-AHHH….I CAN’T DO THIS,”

“Do this for me, baby…come on, you can do this,” for the very first time in his life, Kim Sunggyu turned into a  too-ing-patient man and wouldn’t stop telling you to keep strong despite all the churning pain he’s suffering due to the extremities torture he’s suffering now. He seriously thought that this pain was all nothing compared to what you’re suffering right now.

“Doc, is she getting closer now ?” Sunggyu asked the doctor calmly. “In fact, she is..I can see the baby’s head now, you could even take a peek of it if you want to, Mr. Kim,” the doctor tried to ease the tension and laughed a little as he offered Sunggyu to glance over the ward. Sunggyu didn’t even know what’s gotten into him, a sudden excitement rushed down his spine and he got up from his seat to take a quick glance to the ward.

“HOLY !” was the only thing came out from his mouth. He should be thankful that he didn’t pass out the time he saw the baby’s head literally making it’s way down the birth canal. It was partly disgusting for a commoner like him but for some reasons the amazement and excitement over the fact that it’s his own son made him way even stronger than the usual Kim Sunggyu. “Baby, you are getting closer, one more push!” Sunggyu went back to his place beside you and told you to keep pushing.

That one final push beautifully ended with a loud crying came from your newborn child. “Congratulations, you have a beautiful baby boy,” the doctor exclaimed as he held the little creature at his hands. Sunggyu swore his heart felt like exploding when he saw that little thing. That beautiful baby was still covered in white greasy substance and some of your blood, but he swore that was the first time he saw a baby that beautiful he feels like crying. “Oh my goodness, baby….there our son…you did it…you did it!” Sunggyu kissed your forehead. “I did it?” you panted breathlessly and helplessly felt like closing your eyes after all this fight but you stayed awake though. “Where’s my baby ?” you asked Sunggyu, pleading to see the baby.

“We need to cut the umbilical cord first before you can hold him. Mr. Kim, would you do the honor to ?” the doctor gave Sunggyu the metal thing to cut the umbilical cord. Sunggyu could feel his heartbeat raced the moment he walked nearer to the crying baby. He smiled blissfully before finally cutting the umbilical cord and tears just automatically pooled around his usually-dry eyes out of joy and the amazement. “Welcome to the world, Kim Geonwoo, I’m your appa,”

Kim Sunggyu didn’t cry when Infinite got #1 at music shows. He didn’t even cry when Infinite received Daesang at year-end prestigious award shows. But this surreal experience of having to cut his own son's umbilical cord is just indescribably amazing that all he could do was just shedding all those tears of joy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dongwoo's is next ^__^