000

bet on it

The camera clicks off and Sohyun bursts into laughter once again. 

 

“Our fans are going to have a field day after that one!”

 

The staff in the room bustle about, clearing up the space to head on home to drop the girls off at the dorms. 

 

Xinyu chuckles quietly, everything from the past hour on the livestream hitting her like a ton of bricks. 

 

Her crush on Sohyun wasn’t just gigantic. It was colossal.

 

“Want to come over to my room tonight?”

 

“W-What?”

 

“So we can watch that one movie you’ve been wanting to see.”

 

“W-Which movie?”

 

Sohyun smiles, playfully knocking on Xinyu’s head. “Jennifer’s Body, remember?”

 

Xinyu squeaks. She didn’t think Sohyun would remember that, or realize that she was only kidding when she suggested it to her Haus mates a few weeks back. 

 

Nodding her head yes, they ask their managers to drop them off at the Cookie Haus. 

 

Sohyun leads her towards her room, passing by some of the other members in the living room who all joyfully greeted Xinyu. “Where’s Nien?”

 

“She went to the convenience store with Yooyeon to grab some snacks.” Kaede answers. “They should be back soon.” 

 

Xinyu nods her head and slips into Sohyun’s solo room right after her. She watches as the other girl tidies up, tossing clothes into the closet to clear the bed. 

 

She’s been in Sohyun’s room many times before. Why was she so nervous now?

 

Sohyun gets settled on her bed, leaning against the wall. She pats the empty space next to her. “Let’s get comfy!” 

 

Xinyu could feel her heart beat out of control. How can Sohyun act so normal after what had just transpired on their livestream?!

 

Wordlessly, she makes her way over and snuggles under the covers. They find the movie (Xinyu feels like she’s about to burst from the impending embarrassment) and settle into each other. 

 

Unbeknownst to Sohyun, Xinyu has seen this movie a billion times. She can recite all the lines, anticipate which scenes are coming up next. Xinyu didn’t really need to watch the movie. 

 

So, she watched Sohyun instead. She watched her eyes get wide in surprise. She watched her gasp. She watched her squirm. 

 

Was it getting hot in here?

 

Suddenly, Sohyun reaches out to press the pause button. “Are you even watching the movie?”

 

As if she had just been caught committing a crime (ogling at a cute girl by the name of Park Sohyun), Xinyu squeaks. “Y-Yes! Of course I am!”

 

“Why do I feel like you’ve just been staring at me this entire time then?”

 

She’s not wrong, Xinyu muses in her head. 

 

Sohyun leans dangerously closer, the corner of her lips itching upwards into a charming smirk. “Do you still want to kiss me?” 

 

Like a reflex, Xinyu pushes Sohyun away. “I have no idea what you mean by that!” 

 

Sohyun’s laugh bounces off the walls. Xinyu is sure that the others have headed into their own rooms for the night. Yooyeon and Nien were probably back home by now. 

 

“Do you want to?” Xinyu hears Sohyun ask again, but quietly this time. Her hearts start to race like before. 

 

Xinyu slowly turns towards Sohyun. Their faces were only inches apart. In a trance, her gaze scans Sohyun’s features, then settles on her lips. “Maybe.” She manages to whisper.

 

Sohyun tilts her head, eyes flitting down to Xinyu’s lips. “I want to.”

 

This is crazy. This is crazy. This is crazy.

 

Soft lips ghost over Xinyu’s and she feels so close to heaven.

 

“Hey, Sohyun, can I borrow— oh.”

 

Xinyu flies off Sohyun’s bed, landing dramatically onto the floor. She curses up a storm under her breath. Sohyun, disheveled and thrown off by the sudden presence, clears .

 

“Hey, Yooyeon. You need something?”

 

The mischievous look on the oldest girl’s face told them everything. 

 

“You know, it’s about time you two did something. The tension was unbearable.” Yooyeon jabs her finger at them. A sudden realization hits and her smile grows. “Nien! You owe me twenty bucks!” She shouts into the hallway.

 

“You guys bet on us?!”