Chapter 1

Who Knows?

 

3:30PM.

 

Hyora’s POV.

Here I was, waiting for my friends to pick me up. Dressed in cropped top, jeans and of course my favorite sneakers. Today was one of those days where your friends make you go on a blind date because they were all, “you’re too pretty to be single” and stuff. I mean, so far, I could live without having a boyfriend! Even though I would like to have one. But still, I wanted to feel that spark when you crush, your actual crush.

 

~Flashback~

 

2 days ago, at school.

 

“Hyora, believe me you’ll like this one! He’s so handsome!” Eunji said. Eunji is one of my bestfriends.

 

“Trust us, dear! We don’t want to see you being so lonely~” Luna, my other bestfriend, chirped in.

 

“Oh, God! This is like, what? The 91219281th time you guys are forcing me to go on a blind date? Hayoung, please, you’re with me, right?” helplessly, I turned to Hayoung who hadn’t spoken since this ‘meeting’ started.  

 

“Well… all of us are taken,” she stated lamely.

 

My jaw dropped hearing those words. I couldn’t believe she’s not on my side!

 

“Ugh, okay, whatever. I’ll just go,” I said, defeated. And I could see the three of them high fiving each other because of this success.

 

“You know, Hyora, I know who will be your date and I have his Facebook account!” Luna said excitedly. I squinted my eyes at her.

 

“Ha! So you stalked him?” I asked her in disbelief.

 

“Well we’re not girls if we don’t stalk people online, duh.” Hmm, what she said was kind of true. We are girls! We can do anything!

 

“Alright then, give me his e-mail address. I’m curious of this guy you’ve been talking about this whole afternoon.”

 

~End of Flashback~

 

And I did stalk him. 

 

He seemed to be pretty decent, and yes, handsome. But really, taking a selca with only a wifebeater on… Oh boy, this guy here is full of confidence. He’s in Grade 11, which makes me his hoobae. It turns out that he is the vice-president of our school’s dance group. Too bad he only had some pictures on his Facebook. A tiny voice inside my head told me to add him as a friend, but it would make me so obvious for stalking him. 

 

Suddenly my phone rang, indicating that I have just received a message. I opened the messenger application and read Eunji’s message.

Eunji: Hyora-ah! Luna, Hayoung and I are already in front of your house! Come down quickly~! :3 

Not bothering to reply her message, I came down and braced myself for anything that could happen later.