Final

The Art of Small Talk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin doesn’t have any plan for his birthday. He feels like there is nothing to celebrate. His birthday is in two hours. And here he is gulping his tequila as if his life depends on it. 

 

He sways his head left and right, following the music. Closing his eyes, he chuckles to himself because life .

 

He doesn’t want to admit this, but he is alone and lonely. After his failed relationship ended on this day a year ago, he doesn’t dare to welcome anyone to his life. 

 

This one was his longest relationship. He was so into him. He just didn’t expect him to cheat multiple times. It was indeed Taemin’s fault for trusting the cheating bastard and giving him another chance after another chance after another chance. How stupid…I am. He chuckles again.

 

What Taemin doesn’t know, there is someone in another table watching and smiling all the time. All of his friends are on the dancing floor, but Minho is just sitting there. Minho has his attention somewhere else. 

 

When Taemin combs his brown hair than ties them high messily, Minho smiles to his wine glass. Even from such distance, Minho can sense the beauty.

 

Minho still watches as Taemin asking for more drinks. The bartender obviously has interest in him, but he keeps pushing him away. Maybe he wants to be alone? 

 

He doesn’t look like he loves alcohol. He furrows his brows every time he drinks. But there is something that makes him keep drinking. Minho doesn’t want to guess. He gets up and makes his way to that guy.

 

Minho takes a chair beside him. Taemin turns to see who is sitting there then they make eye contact for the first time and a long time. Minho is smiling.

 

“What is it?” Taemin breaks the silence first.

 

“Nothing. I just…want to take you home.” Minho chuckles. He is so straight forward that Taemin chokes on his drink. Taemin coughs, covering his mouth. “You okay?”

 

“I’m not. What the hell was that? What happens with small talk?” Taemin still trying to catch some air.

 

“Sorry, Im terrible at small talking.” Minho smirks, “so…shall we go now?”

 

This situation is funny. Taemin stares at the man with eyes full of questions, like what are you? Minho only stares back with such permanent smile on his face.

 

Minho really thinks this man is the most insanely gorgeous he has ever seen. His facial feature is just perfect, pale skin, full pink lips, cute nose, warm innocent eyes. Oh how the makeup doesn’t deserve his face. 

 

“Hell no. I’m not going anywhere.” Taemin says finally. He pours more drink. 

 

The man is crazy attractive if Taemin has to admit. He has a face and body of a model that graces cover of Vogue magazine. But that kind of visual is not a good news. Because it always attracts problems, speaking from his experience. So Taemin will pass. Just no. Not again.

 

Taemin can see the other is thinking, what is his move next. Taemin doesn’t care. But even if he does, it doesn’t show.

 

Minho really considers to learn the art of small talk, because look at him right now. He refuses to say that he is losing. He doesn’t want to give up just yet. 

 

“I’m Choi Minho. What is your name?” It’s been a long time since Minho feels kind of desperate. Yes desperate, because he is not the type that would stay if someone pushes him away. But this time he can’t ignore all the flutters in his heart. 

 

“You want to know my name now?” Taemin is amused.

 

“I’ll ask your number after that.” Minho laughs. That kind of laugh does provoke laughter in others. 

 

Taemin doesn’t say anything, but he too is smiling to himself. When he turns, they lock eyes and he tells his name.

 

“Taemin. My name is Lee Taemin.” He feels his eyes getting heavier. He then drops his glass and passes out suddenly. 

 

Thanks to Minho who is quick to caught his waist, he doesn’t fall from his chair. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter