End

Not what I expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun was lying on the couch, scrolling through her phone waiting for Chaeyoung and Tzuyu to text her back.

 

Classes were a little draining but she was glad that her professor was liking her project process, so she didn't need to worry that much.

She was also done with her assignment with the help of Momo, so right now she finally had the time to relax and do whatever she felt like.

 

Maybe she could go on a date with her girlfriend or just go out with her friends.

 

Soon she was on summer break and could visit her parents. This visit would be more important since Jihyo would come with her.

 

It wouldn't be the first time her girlfriend got to know her parents but last time, they just greeted each other and exchanged some compliments before they bid goodbye again.

 

Thinking about going on vacation with Jihyo made Dahyun smile and she went through different websites, trying to find a few restaurants they could go to.

 

She had to put a small stop when a text from Chaeyoung plopped up.

Dahyun asked her best friends if they wanted to go out on Friday since each of them had only two morning classes.

 

Momo already told her that she spending the day with her girlfriend Mina, while Tzuyu and Chaeyoung didn't answer until now.

 

'Isn't Friday the festival?'

the taller girl texted.

 

Dahyun wanted to hit herself for forgetting about the event

 

"I totally forgot"

She then texted back

 

'I mean we don't have to go there but isn't Hyo one of the organizers'

 

"And that's why you are my hero Tzu. Hyo would have killed me"

 

'Kkkkk I know. Well then we can just walk around the festival and have fun'

Dahyun sent her back an emoji, agreeing with the idea.

 

She then put her phone away when she heard the front door opening and her girlfriend getting inside.

Jihyo was carrying a lot of papers making Dahyun stand up and help her bring them to their dinner table.

 

The two then greeted each other with a peck on the lips

 

"Still a lot to do?"

Dahyun then asked.

 

The older girl sighed and organized the papers

 

"Well, we have only three days left and there is still a lot to do. Yuna got sick, so our team has to work the double. I'm just glad that I don't have to do a lot for my classes. Junior year is a thousand times better than sophomore year"

Dahyun chuckled, agreeing with her, and watched her girlfriend

 

"Your team will make it work. Is there anything I can help with?"

Jihyo stopped moving the papers around and turned to her girlfriend

 

"Actually, you can finally put your name on the list"

 

"What list?"

Dahyun asked in confusion

 

"The list for the stands. Every member of the council team asks me every time, why my girlfriend is not participating in the stands"

 

"Probably because your girlfriend had more than enough to do?"

Dahyun remarked.

 

Jihyo then went closer to Dahyun to bring her arms around the short girl

 

"I know you had a lot to do, but you know how the others can be"

 

"They can off. How come almost every council member has a rotten personality?"

Jihyo frowns at the words since some of them are close friends to her, but she can understand that Dahyun hates being looked down on by people she isn't close to.

 

"Hyunie, can you please just register in one of the stands?"

The younger girl sighed when she saw Jihyo looking at her with puppy eyes.

 

"Fine, I will go"

Jihyo squealed before thanking her girlfriend with showering her face with kisses.

 

Dahyun chuckled and just let the older girl. She wasn't the biggest fan of participating in the festival but she didn't want to argue with her girlfriend so she just agreed to it.

 

Now she has to text her best friends that they have to have fun without her, at least for a few hours.

 

The next day, Dahyun forgot about it which led to her not having a choice in which stand she will help out.

 

"Kissing booth?"

She asked Kai who was responsible for the stands.

 

"Yeah, that’s the only one left. If you had come yesterday, there would have been more"

Dahyun wanted to curse her.

 

She didn't really know what to do.

Jihyo will surely be mad at her

 

"If it makes you feel better, students who are already in a relationship will be only kissed on the cheek"

Dahyun nodded, still thinking about her decision.

 

She doesn't want to fight with Jihyo and a kiss on the cheek won't kill her, right? She then took the board from Kai and entered her name.

She was just happy that she would have one of the early shifts, giving her the time to spend some time with her friends as well.

 

When she got home that day, she wasn't really sure how to tell her girlfriend about the news. She didn't know if Jihyo would be fine with it.

In the past, the older girl never showed any signs of jealousy, which is why Dahyun thought it was okay to agree.

 

A little tense she waited for Jihyo to come home, not really knowing how to start the conversation.

 

Should she sugarcoat it?

 

What's there to sugarcoat, Jihyo wants Dahyun to be direct and to the point. Dahyun jumped a little when her phone rang.

 

Her eyes widened when she saw her girlfriend calling her. After taking a deep breath she picked up the call

 

"Hey Cutie"

 

'Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I will be a little late'

 

"Oh okay, make sure to eat something"

 

'I will, don't worry. We will probably order something'

 

"Alright, don't drain yourself"

 

'There aren't too many things to do. We just want to finish it'

Jihyo then explained.

 

The two then ended the call with an I love you. Dahyun took in a deep breath, glad that she didn't have to tell Jihyo for now.

 

She then went to the kitchen to make herself some food. She looked at her phone from time to time and then FaceTimed Tzuyu, not really knowing what to do.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter