love in the air

With U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.

.

.

 

Walter Son Seungwan is one of the most successful chefs in her town. His name is also known worldwide, but he is almost nothing behind the scenes. That is what he thought. And he hates those uncertain feelings. His perfectionism kills him every time he steps into the kitchen, but it also drives him to push himself to be better constantly. Despite his internal struggles, Walter's passion for cooking continues to shine through in every dish he creates.

 

Walter is the breadwinner of his small, wonderful family and loves them more than everything, even more than his life. He even married his sweetheart university senior, Bae Joohyun as soon as he finished his studies. Now they are expecting their second child together after four years of marriage and a daughter.

 

But, that one day was not his day.

 

.

.

.

 

He returned home from his load of work in the kitchen. The customers that day were not a joke. Never as busy as that day before. He was understaffed, so he and the chefs in line had to work twice as hard, resulting in them being overworked and drained as hell. Afraid that he might lose consciousness on his way back home, Walter chose to take the taxi instead of driving home. Lucky for him, the next day was his day off. Surely, he would use that day to sleep all day long. Right after he entered his cosy house, he took off his shoes and made his way through the dark hallway to the direction of the bedroom.

 

As he thought Joohyun was sound asleep, he was dead wrong. There, on top of the bed with back against the headboard, his grumpy, heavily pregnant wife was puffing her cheeks, sulking. She stared at Walter, in disbelief.

 

Not gonna lie, she looked so cute like that.

 

"Yahh~ Why are you home so late?"

 

He just chuckled, unable to contain her cuteness even though he was exhausted. Putting away his work bag and coat, he walked to the bed before kissing on top of her head. He plopped down at the feet of the bed, sighing loudly. Joohyun was still like that, arms crossed and sulked. She didn't even bother to look at him anymore. Walter just gave her the apologizing looks, hand making way to her stretched-out feet.

 

"Joohyun-ah, I'm so sorry. There are a lot of customers today, hm? I don't mean to come back home late, " as he continued to massage the latter's covered feet.

 

Luckily this time, she turned her head to look at him. Their eyes met and all Joohyun saw was a tired soul. A very hardworking husband and father who tries to provide his little family with a comfortable life, a striving chef who always gives his best to satisfy his customers, even at his lowest. Someone who often forgot to take care of himself first before others. The same little boy who was very helpless and insecure about himself. And she hated to see him in that situation. Feeling guilty, she crawled and sat beside Walter before massaging his head that she had placed on her lap. Well, technically her legs since her pregnant belly already made contact with her husband's crown.

 

Feeling the sensation, he hummed in satisfaction with closed eyes. Never did he think he would get this treatment, especially this late at night since his wife and their 2-year-old daughter were already in bed by the time he came home. If he got an overtime schedule that week. Walter tried to relax all his aching muscles, letting them loose under the touch of those velvety fingers.

 

'Feels like on the cloud nine.'

 

"Ahh, a little bit harder, hmm. Like that," and she did so.

 

Noticing that he already relaxed a bit, she played with his short, blond hair. She loved doing that back then when they were still university students. His head on her lap, eyes sparkling while stargazing. It was very memorable that they could reenact that moment again, instead her eyes were the star that he loved so much. They just savoured that short moment together in the comfort of each other's presence.

 

"Feeling better?" 

 

"If it's with you, I'm always at ease."

 

Joohyun snorted to that cheesy line. Typical Son Seungwan for her. Still playing with his hair, Seungwan chuckled heartily. How hoarse his voice was at that time concerned her a lot. She took the opportunity to scan the face of her beloved while running her fingers, this time on his tired face. He just let her be as he closed his eyes back, trying to take a short nap before washing up.

 

"You skipped your meals again today, aren't you?"

 

Oh, damn. Joohyun knew.

 

Seungwan pretended that he had not heard that question until a pinch on his left cheek made him yelp. He sat up suddenly, facing his now again, sulking wife with pouted lips.

 

"Ow, that hurts a lot, my love. You took me by surprise there," as he caressed the sore spot.

 

"Of course, because you skipped your meals again!"

 

She nagged him a bit more and he just heard all of them. All his tiredness slowly washed away as Joohyun talked her talk. Even if she wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter