— Fin.

Seasons changed and so did she
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As the rain was pouring, a figure was standing there on the side of the road, head down, shoulders slumped. Winter was standing there for almost an hour already, crying. Just crying. She mentally thanked the rain for covering her tears that were still rolling down on her face.

 

 

 

"Let's break up, Winter."

 

"Jimin..." Winter softly called out, but her voice cracked as she saw Karina's expressionless face. She tried to reach for the other girl's hand but the latter was fast enough to take a step back so that Winter can't hold her.

 

They are currently at the park. Karina texted Winter to meet her there. Thankfully, there were only a few people around that time; less eyes to see the heartbreaking scene that was happening right now. It was night time and the wind was cold. Maybe that's why.

 

"What did I do wrong? Tell me. I'll change. I promise. Please... just don't—" Winter was cut off when Karina spoke up.

 

"You didn't really do anything wrong."

 

"Then why? Why are you breaking up with me?" Winter's voice was still soft even though her heart hurts so much right now. She was also getting angry but she just can't raise her voice at the girl in front of her who is the love of her life.

 

"I– you did nothing wrong. It's me..." Karina took a deep breath before continuing, still not looking at Winter who was now crying.

 

"I fell out of love for you." And with that, Winter's heart finally shattered into pieces.

 

"Goodbye, Min." And with that, Karina stood up and left the younger girl speechless, unable to fully process what just happened yet.

 

Winter bit her lip. She clenched her fists. She then stood up and ran towards the other girl who was waiting for a cab. She grabbed Karina's shoulder to make the girl face her.

 

"Winter, what are—" Karina was cut off when Winter pulled her closer and wrapped her in her arms so tight. The older girl was taken aback by the sudden action. She tried to pull away but it just made Winter tighten her embrace.

 

"Winter... please." Karina pleaded softly so that the younger will loosen her grip and to calm her down. But it was just the opposite.

 

"You're lying." Winter mumbled.

 

"W-what?"

 

"I know you're lying. Jimin... please don't do this. I don't know what has got in to you, but I know you love me. And you still do. We were still so happy yesterday. We promised each other to say whatever the problem is and what's in our mind, no matter how small or big it is." She desperately said as her voice cracked from time to time as she spoke each words.

 

"So, please..." she trailed off.

 

Karina took a deep breath and held Winter's arms firmly and forcefully pulled them away from her. 

 

It worked.

 

She took another deep breath and this time, she looked at the other girl straight in the eyes.

 

"Winter, I don't wanna hurt you any longer. Yesterday... the promises I made were lies. I tried to hold on for the both of us. But it's no use. It's already gone. My feelings... my love for you... it— it just disappeared."

 

"But why?!" Winter exclaimed in more desperation. She just can't find any reasons why they have come to this. She thought they were so happy, that there were no problems between them. Or maybe she was just too oblivious to take notice that the both of them were changing? 

 

But which part? 

 

What changed?

 

What went wrong?

 

"I'm sorry. I have to go." with that, a cab stopped in front of them. Karina squeezed the younger girl's hand as if telling her she was sorry and finally lets go, leaving Winter with so much pain.

 

 

 

Winter is still standing under the rain. She has stopped crying. It's been an hour already. Or maybe two. She's not sure. Her brain still can't process everything that has happened tonight. If it wasn't for her phone that was continuously ringing, she won't be pulled out from staring blankly where Karina stood earlier as she waited for a cab. She grabbed her phone from her pocket and checked who was calling before answering.

 

"Winter, where are you?" It was Giselle on the other line. Her voice was full of concern and she wondered if Giselle knew what happened since she is also close with Karina.

 

"Gi..." she called out in sorrow. It sounded like she was crying out for help. It was desperate and heart breaking to listen. She felt her eyes burning again and soon after, her tears fell, again. And soon she felt her legs weaken, resulting for her to fell on her knees on the wet pavement. She have no energy left to speak as she weep harder, trying to take all the pain away inside her.

 

Suddenly a car abruptly stopped in front of her. Soon after, she heard hurried footsteps towards her. A figure appeared and held her shoulders.

 

"Winter, come on. I'll take you home." It was Giselle. She then helped Winter stood up as the latter can't even feel her legs anymore and got the younger girl inside the car.

 

Giselle immediately brought Winter to her place since Karina called her earlier that she needs to pack her things in the apartment that she shared with Winter.

 

She didn't bother asking Karina what was her reason as to why she broke up with her best friend since she was more concerned of how the latter is because Karina told her that Winter really needs someone right now. 

 

And Karina can only think of Giselle.

 

 

"Why are we here?" Winter asked as she glanced outside of the car, realizing that they're at Giselle's apartment right now. "I thought you'll take me home..." she muttered. She doesn't know if she should feel relieved that she won't be suffocated right now inside the apartment that she shared with her former lover.

 

Former lover.

 

"I need to go home." Winter choked as she said those words, almost a whisper. She still can't wrap it around her head that they are over.

 

"I think it's better if you stay here for the night to cool your head off." Giselle said.

 

Cool my head off? Winter scoffed. Why would she do that?

 

Giselle didn't missed the scowl on her face.

 

"Wrong term." she corrected and sighed. "You need to clear your head." But the other girl was just not having it right now. Giselle doesn't know if she should tell her friend that Karina is moving out tonight. But isn't that already obvious since they already broke up?

 

Winter shook her head and faced the other girl in the driver's seat. "Please, Giselle. Karina might be there right now. I need to see her." She paused. "I need to talk to her and get her back to her senses." She whimpered. Giselle frowned at the sight. It was clear that Winter was so desperate. Heartbroken.

 

"But Win–"

 

"Giselle, please! I really need to see her!" Winter shouted in desperation. Her tears were starting to fall from her eyes and it hurts Giselle to see her best friend like that. She took a deep breath and started the engine.

 

 

 

 

As soon as Giselle stopped the car, as if it was a reflex, Winter immediately got out of the car and proceeded to the elevator to go up to their unit.

 

When she arrived in front of their door, she took a deep breath before entering. As soon as she stepped in, she heard sounds coming from the room and immediately walked towards there. There she saw Karina zipping her bags. She didn't think twice and walked towards the other girl and wrapped her arms around her.

 

 

"Winter?" Karina said in surprise. After she recovered, she then wiggled her way out of Winter's embrace. But to her dismay, the younger was stronger than her. And Winter was really determined not to let go of Karina.

 

"Winter, let go of me." Karina said sternly. But Winter didn't even budge. So Karina tried again to break free from her hold, but still failed. And then she tried again.

 

Again.

 

And again.

 

For the nth time, she finally broke free and immediately faced Winter with obvious irritation and anger painted on her face.

 

"I told you to let go, didn't I?" She was trying so hard to control her voice so that she won't yell at the other girl who was now putting her head down.

 

"Karina, let's talk properly, please. Tell me what the hell happened and you just decided to throw our relationship as if it's nothing." Winter pleaded, now looking straight in Karina's eyes.

 

"I already told you. I fell out of love. Can't you understand that?" The older girl replied, gritting her teeth. How many times does she need to repeat herself before Winter could understand what she has been saying?

 

"Jimin, please..." she swallowed the lump on . Eyes were watery. "Please, just stay. I can't live without you."

 

"I'm sorry." Karina grabbed her bags and headed for the door before Winter can say or do anything to make the break up even harder. But before she can exit the room, she stopped from her tracks.

 

The next thing that came out from just made Winter break more.

 

"Goodbye, Minjeong." And with that, Karina finally left their shared apartment. Winter collapsed on the floor and started to sob really hard.

 

Why did Karina fell out of love for her?

 

Was she not enough?

 

Was her love not enough?

 

Did she do something wrong?

 

Just why?

 

What happened?

 

All of these questions were running inside her head and it made her heart break even more. Her head is hurting. But her heart is hurting more. She tugged her shirt as if it'll ease the pain that she's feeling right now. But she feels like drowning.

 

"Winter..." Giselle kneeled beside the crying girl and pulled her towards her. She ran her hand on Winter's back, attempting to comfort her. But it only made the latter cry even more.

 

"Cry it all out until it hurts no more."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Let's go out." Karina said, jumping on the couch where Winter is sitting, reading her book peacefully until the older girl decided to disturb her.

 

"Hmm? Where are we going?" Winter asked, not taking her eyes away from the book.

 

"There's a place I really wanted to go with you, love." Karina grinned. Winter lifted her gaze from her book and finally faced her girlfriend. She smiled at her and kissed her to confirm that she's okay with it.

 

 

 

 

"A cafe?" Winter asked, not realizing she sounded uninterested.

 

"I just want to eat croissant and drink coffee with you. I apologize if you're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter