Can we be more than that?

My Bestfriend

OST: F.Cuz - Wanna Be Your Lover.
~please listen to it when reading.

 


if your face appears in my mind, i'll smile without any reason
I think i'm falling for you


With linked arms and joyus smiles, the two happily walked down the school corridor conversing about random topics and that one big event; Christmas. Students stared at their skinship in awe, some were jealous yet some were praising that they would make the cutest couple.

However of course, they knew that they couldnt be more than just bestfriends. They had always rejected the idea of being together ever as a couple since everyone had commented on their close relationship. Friendwise of course. 'It was meant to be' as they would always say, and as their typical response it'd be a mocking "Yeah right."

Everyone around them knew for sure that all this playful skinship and silliness would lead to something in the end. Yet they were too stubborn to notice their attraction towards each other.

But you know what they didnt know? That they had secretly liked eachother. However neither of them dared to confess at all. Clogged with the thoughts of 'what if she just see's me like an older brother' and 'ugh I have no chance' inside in Donghae's mind, he never knew that Megan's thoughts were completely similar to his.

Donghae secretly gazed at Megan, admiring her natural flaw with her big radiant smile as she spoke, "Arent you just so freakin' excited for Christmas!?" she squealed with glee, her eyes burning with full excitement "You're coming to the Christmas Eve party tonight, right?" she playfully gave him the evils making him chuckle "Of course" he poked his tongue out at her.

afraid that you'll think that i'm weird
althought i'm hesitant but it's not going to work out like this
I object to being as friends
only you dont understand, i'm your man


With class going slow and depressingly boring, Megan slumped her back on her seat tapping her pencil on her notebook. Mr Shin's history lessons had always been glum and uninteresting, yet Megan had still got good grades out of it. Sighing she began drawing dresses to wear for the party in the evening.

"Hmm, what would Donghae like?" she mumbled to herself, biting her lip at the thought "Who would like what?" Anne quizzed her suspiciously, making her cheeks go deep root red "Nothing, nothing" she huffed out, waving her hand showing that it was nothing important, making Anne an eyebrow at her.

'I wonder if he'd even see me in another way' Megan thought with a pout on display as she sketched several love hearts on her notebook. With the negativity swirling in her mind about her and Donghae only remaining as friends, she felt a light thud suddenly land on her head.

Patting her head, she looked around and found Donghae smiling like a dork at the end of the room. He pointed down and indicated that he had thrown a note at her. Reaching down, she quickly grabbed the note before the teacher had caught her.

'Yah, stop pouting.
You almost remind me of my grandma :P'


Grinning brightly, she looked back at Donghae and scrunched her nose at him in a playful manner, making them both giggle quietly. Both their glum lesson had been lightened with just a simple note.

On Donghae's side, all he wanted to do was see her smile and with that, he had completed to do so. "So when are you and Megan getting together then, eh?" Kyuhyun teased as he leant casually against the wall, watching the two contact each other from across the room "We're only bestfriends" Donghae chuckled nervously, although of course - he wanted that to change. "I wish we were more than that.." he muttered to himself, making Kyuhyun perk up "Wait, you wish what?!" he chuckled, surprised with what he was hearing.

Donghae immediately blushed "You wish Megan was your girlfriend, am I right or am I right?" Kyuhyun grinned, nudging him playfully 'Shoot me now.' he thought to himself, cursing himself mentally "Dont worry, i'll help you get her" Kyuhyun said proudly "You will?" Donghae looked at him with a glint of hope.
"So you do like Megan then!" Kyuhyun gave out short laughs whilst Donghae hid his red face "Gotcha~" he teased.

I dont wanna be your friend
I wanna fall in love with you
my bestfriend
my lady


"I'll see you tonight, oppa!" Megan gave him a quick wave with a blown kiss and whizzed down the school road. Donghae pretended to catch the kiss she blew and cutely pocketed it, "God you guys are so cheesy" Kyuhyun commented as he stood beside him, watching Megan fade away from him."Well lets go then!" Kyuhyun pumped a fist in the air, making Donghae laugh "Arasso."

The two arrived at Donghaes house and immediately Kyuhyun zoomed to his bedroom and right to his closet, scanning through his clothes. Donghae sat himself on his bed carefully watching his friend ruffle through his things, anticipating with what he had in mind.

-

Megan stuck the last batch of tinsel on the wall, along with the vibrant colourful Christmas decorations. Satisfied, she quickly dashed upstairs and flicked through her wardrobe to find her elegant black dress. Smiling, she took the hanger and whizzed to the mirror and overlapped it over her casual clothing, "Perfect". Hearing her parents converse downstairs as they opened the door and welcoming the guests, she knew that the party was beginning already.

-

Donghae swiped his black suit, till he finally thought it was 'perfect'. "Cant forget to add the fancy white rose in the front pocket" Kyuhyun advised "This is like going to prom or something" Donghae chuckled "Well you wanna look good for Megan right?" Kyuhyun teased.

"So what are you gonna say to her?" he quizzed Donghae "With the confessing and that sorta stuff" he continued. Donghae sighed and dropped down on the bed sitting next to him, "Not a clue." he bluntly said "I'm a bit nervous" he worried. "Oh please, you - nervous? Your joking me." Kyuhyun chuckled "You guys should see how close you are at school"

"But this is different" Donghae interrupted "I'm actually confessing to her.." he mumbled shyly "Oh god, your so in love." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, "Right just practice on me, pretend i'm Megan" "No that'd be so weird!" Donghae fumed childishly, rejecting his idea.

-

Slimming the dress down to fit her figure, Megan was ready. Putting on a pair of black heels, she gracefully went down the stairs to meet her family friends and other aquatainces in the party. Everyone was dressed smartly and elegantly as Megan walked through people, greeting all the guests.

Megan admired the christmas lights as they brightly shone an illuminous colour outside her backgarden. "Umma, have you seen Donghae anywhere?" she questioned her mother quickly as she glanced up at the clock; 10:50pm. "No, sorry" her mother responded as she aswell, looked around a little.


"He's late" she fumed her cheeks. The party was supposed to start at 10:20pm, but Lee Donghae didnt seemed to be organised today.

-

"See? It wasnt that hard" Kyuhyun punched him playfully on the arm "Just some simple sentence and you've won her over" Donghae exhaled, "Okay I can do this!" he announced proudly as he stood up "Wait, no I cant" he whimpered nervously, fiddling with his fingers "Shut up, you can." Kyuhyun added "What time is it?" Donghae questioned as he took another look at himself "Five past eleven" "Crap i'm late!" Donghae panicked and rushed downstairs, "Good luck!"

I hate you for treating me like a friend
I dont want to stay like this forever
this is not what I want
listen to me and dont be shocked
my bestfriend
my baby


Sighing, she stood out in her backgarden 'When is oppa coming?' she pouted to herself. She drank her beverage with a bored expression, yet when a guest had passed by and said hello, it would change to joyful one till they went away.

Donghae quickly arrived, panting a little. He stood up and straightened his attire and cleared his throat, "I can do this." he told himself. As soon as he entered her house, guests were overflooding and Donghae had to slide past other people to look everywhere for her. With a mistletoe stack in his sight, he instantly smiled as he rushed towards it and broke off one mistletoe.

"Ah Donghae!" an eager voice called out to him, making him turn round to find Megans mother "Megan's in the backgarden, she's been waiting for you!" she told him, smiling. Donghae bowed to pay his respects and quickly headed out to the backgarden, immediately spotting her in a black dress. He smiled as he felt his heart stutter a little.

Just as Donghae was about to tap her on the shoulder, Megan turned round to find him standing right infront of her making her heart jump "Yahh, your late" she creased her forehead and pouted at him.

"Yah .. I have something to tell you"


"What is it fish face?"

"You look weird" Donghae joked professionally, poking his tongue out at her.

"Oh thanks." Megan fumed her cheeks at him "Well, guess who I saw yesterday"

"Who?"

"Your family." Megan scrunched her nose at him childishly, "Oh wait, they were whales~"

"Yah!" he whined "I was only joking in the first place, and why do you always compare me to sea animals?!" he pouted, purposely oozing his bottom lip and making his eyes 'sparkle'.

"Because your worth it~" she chuckled and stuck her tongue out at him, doing an impression of those typical shampoo quoted adverts at him. "Y-Yah.. I really do have something to say" he nervously said like a little kid.

"Which isssss~" she continued playfully "You actually look really nice in your d-dress" he stuttered, making the apples of her cheeks glow in pink "T-Thanks, you look nice too" she quickly complimented him back shyly.

"And.." he gulped, hiding something behind his back "I - I - I" he continued to stutter, making her copy him "I - I -I .. what?" she lightly laughed with a cunning smile "I like you." he confessed, feeling his cheeks slightly heat up, "Well, of course I like you too, your my bestfriend, silly" she lightly punched him on the arm as she gave off an awkward smile.

"Thats not the point" Donghae looked at her sincerely, as silence closed between them, "Wha-" just when Megan was going to say something, Donghae had already enveloped her in a tight loving hug, "Cant we be more than that?" he whispered, feeling their heartbeats collide. She softened as she heard his words and had hugged him back "Of course we can" she smiled against his shoulder, hugging him dearly.

Hearing that, they both felt complete, finally knowing that they had actually reflected each others feelings. Breaking the hug, Donghae had a bright charming smile plastered on his face, "Oh look, a mistletoe" he chuckled as he brought the mistletoe, he had found earlier on, above their heads "Yah thats cheati-" once again, Megan was cut off with pair of plump minty lips against hers comfortably and softly. Donghae smiled against her lips.

He pulled away from the kiss and found her cheeks burning, making him chuckle "Your so cute" he pinched her cheek "Yah!" she squeaked. Donghae wrapped an arm round her waist, "So what does this make us now?" he childishly asked with a big grin "Bestfriends.." Megan poked her tongue out and playfully nudged him off then ran ahead back inside "And lovers too!" she shouted back at him teasingly and looked back at him as her lips curled upwards.

"Tsk, I love my bestfriend" he chuckled as he went to catch up with her.


authors notes:
WOOO~ finally got it done :P
I hope you enjoyed the one-shot :3
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year 
Love, Danzaar <3