Glued To Your Heart

Jongup: Glued to Your Heart

 

    “Will you…be my girlfriend?”

   I replayed the line in Jongup’s voice, over and over again in my head. Closing my eyes, I could still visualize the way he smiled at me, a tiny bit hesitant, and afraid that I’d say no. But really, why in the world would I say no? It was now one month later, and I could still perfectly recall the way his innocent smile lit up his face when I had answered, “Yes, definitely.”

   My eyes flickered to the clock on my night stand, shocked that it read 1:47 AM.

   Why can’t you just get out of my head and let me sleep, Moon Jongup?

   Bzzzzt.


   I jumped a tiny bit at the sound of my phone vibrating. I lay there for a long moment, just debating whether I should leave it and sleep, or check it. Then it occurred to me that there was a slight possibility – do I even dare think it? – that it might’ve been Jongup, so I reached over and checked the text anyway.

   “You might be sleeping…but I just got home and for some reason, my mind keeps on thinking about you. I don’t know why? Get out of my head!!!”

   I felt a smile spread on my face, at just how wonderfully adorable he was. I felt a strange connection to him, knowing that we were both thinking of each other at the same time. My smile fell though, realizing that he must’ve just finished work. He worked so hard, and he must’ve been exhausted, but he still took the time to think of me. I didn’t hesitate to text him back.

   “Sorry ~ I think I’m glued to the floor of your head, what should I do? Are you tired? Shower and rest, quickly!”

   I placed my phone right next to my head, beside my pillow, and closed my eyes again, waiting for his text back. In less than one minute, my phone was buzzing again, and we exchanged a few more messages.

   “Ah, I think you’re glued to my heart, not my head. Wow, do you know how embarrassing that was to type? I’m waiting for the hyungs to shower first, why don’t you sleep?”

  I giggled at his line, knowing that it probably took a lot for him to even type out. “Wow, so cheesy…I like it ㅋㅋ I guess I’ll sleep…you don’t want to talk to me?”

   “That was a trap…! I think I miss you.”

   I stared dreamily at that last line for a good minute before replying. “You dummy, I miss you, too.”

   “You’re still glued to my heart, but you should sleep. I’m going to shower and sleep, too. Good night…”

   “Good night…♥”

   I turned over and closed my eyes, but Jongup didn’t get out of my head. Instead, I fell asleep thinking about him.