Am I Really Alone Now?

Why Does It Have To Be Me?

Umma's funeral is going on downstairs, and everyone's out there but me. Even Leeteuk oppa is there in an uncomfortable suit, trying to console everyone while drinking his heart out, I'm sure. I just cannot bring myself to go down there, not with all those strangers and their teary eyes haunting me! I don't deserve to go. It's not my place anyways, considering how it's all my fault...

Someone knocked on my door, and I immediately hid my diary under the bed. I cleared my throat and wiped away any stray tears, sitting straight up in bed. "Come in!" I said with a forced smile, which dropped immediately when oppa walked into the room. Fearing that my composure would waver, I just collapsed in bed and smothered my face in my pillow. 

"Don't try to console me, oppa. I'm okay. Really.." I turned around to face him, only to see his cheeks were flushed, eyelids droopy, and tears stained his cheeks. Leeteuk oppa tried walking to me, but his movement was sloppy, clearly due to him lounging around umma's wine cellar. I was surprised, but I guess he had his own way of coping. "Hyoyoung ah, umma's dead... *hiccup*... but it's okay. Oppa's here!! Your super oppa's here, hehe...*hiccup*... Just be happy, arrasseo? Umma said to make sure you're always..."
"OPPA!!" I bolted out of bed and caught Leeteuk oppa before he hit the ground. I dragged him on my bed, worriedly, but relaxed when I heard his soft snores.  Finally at ease, I tucked in my big brother and curled up to sleep next to him, trying to ignore the sad wails of mourners downstairs. 

The next morning, I woke up to the warm rays of sun heating up my face. I stretched my right arm to wack oppa, only to find the spot he once occupied to be empty. In his place, a neatly written note was folded on top of his pillowcase, with the words "Please Read" written in cursive. I was a bit hurt that he hadn't woken me up personally, but I gave in and read his stupid note anyways..Aish.. whatever, oppa..

Dear Hyoyoungie, 
Today's IT!! The big day, my first day at uni! You also have a huge milestone to cross. I'm not going to be with you at school anymore, and barely ever with you at home. I know this isn't gonna sound like much after my little show yesterday, but I honestly don't know how you'll survive without me!
Okay, enough with the sappy stuff. Check the fridge when you go downstairs, there's like a weeks worth of food in there. Don't worry about restocking, hun! I'll be dropping off groceries while you're asleep (and you BETTER be asleep~)

Don't starve, my little dumpling!
Oh..

And one more thing...

GET READY FOR SCHOOL!!! 

- Teuk

I sleepily checked my alarm clock and bolted when I realized the time. 
7:30... 7:30!!! CRAP! I had an hour and a half to get to school, and I wasted a good 10 minutes on that stupid note!! I ran to the washroom, brushed my teeth and ran a brush quickly through my hair. After a quick swipe of lipgloss I dashed out the door, praying that I wouldn't be late. Oppa would really hate me skipping breakfast today, but whatever. It's only my first day of school. Besides, I saw tons of kids in uniform on my way to school so I must've been okay. 

I was just about to enter the school gates when I heard a scream. Startled, I turned around and saw a lanky looking boy running away from three other guys, heading in my direction, clearly unaware of my presence. Then again, who ever is?
 Distracted by a squirrel scampering around my feet, I was completely caught off guard as Lanky Boy collided face first with my backpack, knocking me off my feet.

"Ugh, I'm gonna bruise! And after all that time spent keeping my skin flawless for the first day. THANKS A LOT."

He puffed and stood up, brushing his shoulders and pouting. One of the boys, with blond tips in his otherwise sleek brown hair, put a shoulder around him and gave him the rest of his smoothie. Another one, equally tall yet with slightly chubbier cheeks was busy flipping through a physics textbook while a cute looking boy with long red-brown hair fed him a chicken drumstick. I looked at them in disbelief from my position. I mean, hello? Girl still lying on the floor over here!  Well, whatever. It's not like I'm not used to being ignored. I struggled to get up, without ANY of their help I might add, and reached for a handkerchief in my right pocket. The four boys looked at me in awe as I roughly wiped the blood off my knees and tied the wound tightly before sprinting away.

"HEY! YOU WON'T EVEN APOLOGISE?! COME BACK HERE!!" 

Lanky Boy ran after me and grabbed my wrist, dragging me back towards his pack. I tried resisting that jerk, but he was surprisingly strong! WHY DOES THIS DAY HAVE TO BE SO BAD?! Even though I was still depressed from umma's funeral, this guy's attitude was snapping me out of it quickly!
"LET.. GO! HELP! LET GO OF ME!!" I bit his hand hard, and he screamed. Huh. I take back my earlier compliment. My oppa taught me as much self defense as a guy like him would ever know, and I wasn't gonna let this freak with hair the shape of a tilted bowl ruin my day! Just as he rose an arm to hit me, a lazy voice broke the tension.

"What's with the fight on the first day of school? Hey Bokki, miss me?"

I turned around, and my face automatically beamed. He's here. He's finally here"You wish!" I gave Lanky Boy one last glare and ran towards Minho, giggling as he picked me up in a hug.

"MINHO!?! YA, WHAT THE HELL?!" Lanky boy looked at Minho hugging me as if he saw a ghost. I tried my best to stifle a snicker. This kid was a total drama queen. Minho's grin widened and he slung an arm around both of our shoulders. "Key, meet Bokki. Bokki, meet Key and the others" The "others" glared playfully at Minho, and one smacked him with his physics textbook. "Ow, Onew hyung! Fine. The guy stuffing himself with chicken and physics is Onew hyung, the guy supplying him with said chicken is Taemin, and sipping the smoothie over there is Jonghyun hyung. Guys, this is Park Hyoyoung, my girlfriend!"

I bowed awkwardly before processing what he said. Wait a second. I ducked under his arms and stared at him, and the only thing that could come out of my mouth was...
GIRLFRIEND?!" I turned my head, and sure enough that was Key's voice I heard. He looked at Minho almost... hurt, and I nearly felt bad for him. He must've sensed my staring because he gave me the nastiest glare I've ever recieved, sending nervous shivers down my spine. Oh boy. This year's going to be fun...