[1]

Your face, Your voice.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As an influencer, Joohyun’s life usually revolves around creating content, especially dancing. From doing it for her passion and fun, she’s now doing it for a living, but it’s not bad because Joohyun enjoys every tiny bit of it.

To be honest, Joohyun loves what she's doing, but she knows that there are some consequences that she needs to weigh that affect her daily activities.

As someone with a massive following count, it's pretty challenging for the creator to enjoy a peaceful and relaxing walk without someone interrupting her, or she can't even go to a grocery store without wearing a mask to disguise herself and away from the eyes of the people.

Sometimes, despite that effort to conceal her identity, it's still unavoidable for people to notice and recognize her.

This is the current case right now. Joohyun quietly enjoys grocery shopping only when a student starts following her. The brunette dancer noticed that the student following her was a high school student from the School of Performing Arts Seoul, which made Joohyun conclude that the student was following her. “Why can't I even enjoy shopping without anyone creeping and scaring the hell out of me.” the dancer whispered before pushing her cart and heading to the vegetable and fruit section first.

Joohyun noticed that the student was acting like she was looking at some of the cabbages, and that made her chuckle. She thought it was funny that the student was following her, but she couldn't muster the courage to approach her. The dancer stopped walking before she slightly pulled her mask down. She also looked at the student, who gasped and covered . “Oh my God! I knew it! When I saw you in the cereal section, I knew it was renebaebae!” the student was squealing, and they already gathered some attention. That's why Joohyun immediately hushed her.

“Do you want a sign?” the student nods before she opens her backpack to get her notebook and marker. On the other hand, the dancer was waiting for her to hand the notebook and marker.

“Can you put my name?” Joohyun nods before she removes the cap of the marker. The brunette looked at her expectingly, which made the student smile. “My name is Son Yerim.” Joohyun flashed her smile before she started writing the student's name and signing.

After she finished, she returned it to Yerim before she waved her hand and resumed shopping.

Joohyun quietly hoped this would be the last time she'd be recognized today.

-

As an influencer, Joohyun usually gets invited to events. To be honest, the brunette hates heading out and interacting with people, and she prefers to stay inside her house, create dance content, or create dance challenges. She sometimes showcases a snippet of her day with her followers. “Joohyun eonnie? Are you done for today?” she heard Seulgi’s voice coming from the living room of her home. The dancer reached for her water tumbler before she headed out of her studio. The smell of ramen welcomed Joohyun, and that made her smile. “Come! Come!” the dancer headed towards the dining table before she sat and eyed the instant ramen.

“Thank you. I’m so hungry, and the class lasted so long today because someone keeps making me laugh.” Joohyun took a bowl before scooping some ramen noodles and soup. Seulgi could only chuckle as she watched her best friend eat the ramen she cooked for them to enjoy. “Why don’t you eat?” the brunette gestured to her friend before she leaned back on the chair and breathed out. The tiredness was finally sinking into her body; she could feel it run from her shoulder to her legs.

“By the way, I received an invitation. It’s for an award show.” Joohyun looks at her best friend, Seulgi. The bear-looking figure is also her manager and handles everything related to her guesting and appearances. “It’ll be next week, and you don’t have any scheduled classes. You just need to buy a gown to wear. Should I do it for you?” Joohyun was clearing her bowl of ramen before she reached for the bottle of tea in front of her.

“No need. I’ll go and buy one this weekend.” Seulgi gave her a soft smile before she nodded and resumed eating. The brunette reached for her phone before groaning and scrolling on her favorite platform.

Joohyun looked at her manager before standing up and entering her bedroom. She lazily sat on her couch before she started scrolling. The dancer was watching random videos. A frown was evident when she saw a video about a dog shelter forced to close, “Poor dogs, they need to be adopted as soon as possible.” Joohyun whispered before she lay down on her couch to continue scrolling. Her hand stopped, and her gaze on her phone became soft when she saw this particular user she’d been listening to and enjoying watching lately.

Joohyun closed her eyes as she listened to the singer's voice, which she’s been hooked for almost half a year. It all started when the said woman covered Joohyun’s favorite song. The dancer accidentally discovered her through her for you page after she finished a class. “Why is she always singing my favorite song?” Joohyun’s voice was low as she was relaxing, her eyes closed while her Airpods were in her ear. The brunette couldn’t stop smiling, especially when she heard the singer chuckling. “Even her chuckle is so good to listen to.” the dancer opened her eyes as soon as the song ended. She could only look at the username once again.

It took Joohyun a few deep breaths before she decided to visit the profile. She could only admire how the singer used a sky profile picture. The brunette could only look at her phone for a long time before finally clicking the follow button.

renebaebae is now following skywan

-

Sometimes, Yerim wonders how Seungwan, her very close friend, survives. The woman rarely goes out, and Yerim knows she enjoys singing online and runs an account where she usually gets enough money to sustain her not-so-extravagant lifestyle.

Yerim started knocking on her door while she was carrying a plastic bag filled with different kinds of bread. “You can leave it on the door!” Yerim heard Seungwan shouting in the background. She could listen to her usual game. The high school student could only groan before she placed the plastic bag on the door’s handle. She proceeds to dive onto the sofa before getting her phone.

As soon as she opened the app, Seungwan’s new upload from last night showed up, and out of curiosity, she visited her profile. Yerim’s eyes widened when she saw that her favorite influencer, renebaebae, liked Seungwan’s video. She never stood up that fast in her life. “SEUNGWAN EONNIE! GET YOUR OUT OF YOUR ROOM NOW!!!!!!” Yerim’s voice retorted inside the four corners of their home, but Yerim reached her limit when she saw that renebaebae was following her Seungwan eonnie.

“What do you need?! Why are you shouting it’s only noon, Yerim-ah!” Seungwan is wearing her specs, and her headset hangs on her neck. She’s wearing a hoodie and jogging pants, her go-to outfit, especially during her gaming time.

“Eonnie! Do you know renebaebae?!?” Seungwan looked at Yerim with confused eyes before taking a piece of bread she asked Yerim to buy. The singer also entered their kitchen to get a glass of milk. “Are you serious?! You don’t know the almighty renebaebae!?” Seungwan ate her bread before nodding and sitting on their couch. In her hand were the bread and the glass of milk. “Here! Here!” Yerim shoved her phone into Seungwan’s face, making her glare at her because she almost spilled her milk. It didn’t affect Yerim because she was used to the older woman’s antics. After Seungwan took her from the orphanage where they first met each other, Yerim had already adjusted to living with the older woman. “See! She’s pretty, right?” Seungwan puts her glass down before taking Yerim’s phone to look better on the screen.

The singer casually scrolls on the feed, her eyes glued, especially when she sees this dance video of the woman dancing to Ariana Grande’s Greedy. “Okay! Okay, You can stop watching now! Irene is mine!” Yerim tried snatching the phone, but Seungwan stopped her before she continued to watch the video. The singer smirked as she leaned back on the couch to feel more comfortable while watching. “Do you know she liked your latest post and even followed your account?” Seungwan paused the video before putting the phone down to stare at Yerim, who was grinning. The student even winked, so Seungwan immediately reached for her phone inside the pocket of her jogging pants.

“So, how do I know that?” Yerim chuckles as she watches how her struggling eonnie is trying to navigate the app. It suddenly felt like six months ago when she first taught Seungwan how to post and use this app. “Ya! You little rascal! Show me!” Yerim continued to watch how her eonnie struggled, the blonde singer glared at her, and the high school student just ate her bread like an unbothered person. “Ya! Faster, or I’ll cut off your allowance!” Yerim almost spat the bread when she heard that. The younger woman reached for Seungwan’s phone before she breathed out.

“Aigoo, this technologically challenged eonnie of mine.” Seungwan continued to watch how Yerim went to click on her profile, and the blonde singer was in awe when she finally saw the number of people following her. “You can’t be serious?! You don’t know that you have almost a million followers?!” Seungwan nodded before she gasped when she saw the name renebaebae on her followers. Yerim whined before she passed the phone. “You are so lucky. Irene rarely collaborates or interacts in the app and seems like you. The only difference is, we know how Irene looks, while everyone is clueless about you, eonnie.” Seungwan looked at her phone. She also didn’t know what to do but decided to fight her nervousness and awkwardness. Yerim saw Seungwan’s hands shaking when she clicked on Irene’s profile.

The high school student could only amusingly watch her eonnie being a panic gay over Irene. It took Seungwan almost a minute before she finally clicked the follow-back button. A chuckle from Yerim’s end made Seungwan shy, so she immediately stood up from the couch, leaving her bread and milk behind. Yerim didn’t miss hearing Seungwan saying, “Damn, she dances well, and she’s pretty.” which made the high school student laugh as she lays down on their couch.

“YOU HOPELESS LESBIAN!” Yerim shouted, which made Seungwan shut her bedroom door very loud. Seungwan was leaning on her door as she looked at her phone again. A smile was on her face before she sat on her gaming chair.

renebaebae

IRENE, I dance and share snippets of my life!

“Such a cute username. It suits you.” Seungwan whispered before she started watching Irene’s content with a smile pasted on her face.

Well, it's safe to say that Seungwan enjoyed every content Irene shared on the app.

-

Joohyun was busy roaming the mall to find the gown she would wear on the awards night. She had already lost track of the time, and it frustrated her that she couldn’t find something that would be an excellent fit for her. “Ma’am, what do you think of the gown?” Currently, Joohyun is looking at her reflection in the mirror. The gown that she’s now wearing is the 5th gown that she decided to fit. The dancer could only sigh as she looked at herself for the last time before she looked at the attendee.

“Do you perhaps have a blue one? Maybe an off-shoulder gown?” the attendee nodded before she bowed and let Joohyun enter the dressing room again. She also handed her a new blue off-shoulder gown, and Joohyun thought this would be good. “Thank you, I’ll try this one on.” the attendee smiled at Joohyun before she bowed.

The dancer immediately tried the gown. She could only quietly admire her reflection without missing the beat to turn around. “This is good, and I think I’ll get this,” Joohyun whispered before she smiled at her reflection. She took one last turn before nodding like a happy kid who could finally eat her ice cream after she waited for her mom to finish their errand at the grocery store.

Joohyun smiled at the attendee as soon as she stepped out of the dressing room. The dancer is known for being organized and clean, so she immediately handed the neatly fitting gowns. “How was it, ma’am? Did you find anything?” the brunette nodded before they started walking again toward the direction of the counter.

“Yes, it’s once again like the line ‘save the best for last?’” Joohyun chuckled before she placed the gown on the counter and took her card from her wallet. She quietly roamed her eyes around the shop until she spotted a short blonde woman who was currently looking at the suit section. “It is my first time seeing her here? Is she a regular?” the dancer developed a bond with the attendees in this store. This is her go-to store whenever she needs to buy gowns, clothes, or even shoes that she needs to wear for any event that she’s required to attend.

“No, Miss Bae, it is their first time here. I asked her if I could help her, and she said she’d try to figure it out first on her own.” the woman at the counter giggles before she reaches for Joohyun’s card. The brunette could only look at the woman. She thinks she looks so lost and cute while looking at the suits without trying to touch them.

“You can touch them, and it is okay.” Joohyun approached the woman while her hand was resting on her back. The blonde woman was surprised when she saw someone else standing beside her. Joohyun thinks it’s cute, especially when her eyes widen before she takes a step back. “You can’t find a good suit without touching them or trying them on.” the woman nodded like a lost kid before she took one suit from the rack. Joohyun could only smile before she personally looked at the display of suits, which had a lot of different colors to choose from. “Do you perhaps know the concept of the party or event that you are going to?” the blonde woman bites her lower lip before finally speaking.

“They said it’s about a wonderland.” Joohyun thought her voice was so smooth and sweet, and she looked at the said woman for the last time before she took a blue suit from the rack. The brunette woman also looked at the different varieties of bows and ties. “I…I’m more of a tie person.” the dancer smiled before she took a plain blue tie that matched the suit. At this time, Joohyun felt happy because the woman before her seemed clueless about her identity.

“You know I also bought a dress here for an event with a wonderland theme.” the blonde woman looked up and gave her a warm smile. Joohyun thinks her smile is so pretty, making her malfunction like the hopeless romantic woman she is.

“Miss Bae, here’s your purchase and your card.” Joohyun smiled at the attendee before she reached for the bag of her gown and her card. The blonde woman stood there like she was a deer in headlights.

“We’ve been talking for quite some time, but I haven’t introduced myself yet. My name is Joohyun.” the brunette extended her hand before she smiled at the blonde woman. She saw how she hesitantly reached for her hand to give a grip and shake.

“My name is Seungwan. It's nice to meet you, Joohyun.” Joohyun couldn’t help but smile before she handed Seungwan the suit and tie she had chosen. The dancer thinks it will match the wonderland concept that Seungwan is talking about. “O..Oh! Thank you, I’ll try this on.” Seungwan’s ear was red as she reached for it and smiled at Joohyun.

“I know it’ll fit you, and I need to go now. Thanks for the conversation.” Joohyun gave Seungwan and even the staff a wave before she exited the shop. The attendee looked at Seungwan, who could only stand while holding the suit.

“You know, ma’am, Miss Bae, don’t talk to anyone like that! You are so lucky.” Seungwan looked at the attendee, who gestured to her toward the dressing room. The blonde singer didn’t give her an answer, but as soon as she stepped inside the dressing room,

She finally muttered the words she wanted to say. “Heck, I am indeed one lucky woman.” Seungwan chuckles to herself before she starts fitting the suit and tie Joohyun chose for her.

-

Joohyun is currently sitting inside a salon. She’s now preparing for the award show tonight. “I saw that you are finally following someone on your account.” The brunette could only shrug at what her make-up artist and her friend Sooyoung had just said. “You like mysterious people, no?” Joohyun rolled her eyes before she leaned on her chair. Sooyoung could only laugh as she looked at her friend, who looked so pissed.

“You know, I met this woman at a shop. She was shopping for a suit, and I found her cute.” a loud gasp was heard from the make-up artist while she was busy applying some foundation on Joohyun’s face. “Okay! Okay! I said I wouldn’t date anyone and live alone, but I can’t stop thinking about her.” Sooyoung urges Joohyun to continue, so another loud sigh is heard from the dancer. “She looks so soft, small, and lost in the shop. I should have asked for her number!” the make-up artist chuckled before she looked at Joohyun. The brunette seemed so troubled, which made Sooyoung chuckle.

“Come on, maybe you can see her again? Fate will always find a way to make you two meet!” Sooyoung tries her best to cheer her up while she’s also multitasking. She heard a deep sigh from the brunette. “Just think about this! Maybe if you see her again, it is a sign!” Joohyun stood up from her seat and even clapped her hands. Seulgi entered the salon at that moment and gave eonnie a confused look.

“YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS A GENIUS!!!” Seulgi was dumbfounded because Joohyun never lost her composure, but she saw the evident excitement in her eyes before she sat on the chair once again. Sooyoung could only giggle before she gestured for Seulgi to go near her.

The manager obliged before she stood beside her tall girlfriend. “Eonnie fell in love at first sight,” Sooyoung whispered, which made Seulgi chuckle before she watched her best friend sitting there with a broad smile.

Seulgi feels happy because she can finally see her best friend falling in love. She knows how hopelessly romantic Joohyun is. Her friend loves the idea of love, but the thought of being with someone or showing someone interest never crosses Joohyun’s mind even once. “Who is the lucky man?” Sooyoung jabbed her girlfriend’s stomach before she glared at her. The manager could only gulp before she looked at Joohyun. “So it is a woman?” Sooyoung nods before she proceeds to fix Joohyun’s hair.

Seulgi never thought that this time was finally here, but she just can’t wait to see how Joohyun will overcome and adjust to this new thing for her. Especially when she knows how her friend easily gets overwhelmed.

-

Seungwan was looking at her reflection. In her hand was a green witch mask. The blonde singer could only breathe out before grabbing her phone and car keys. “Enjoy, eonnie! I think Irene will attend tonight! Introduce yourself to her!” Seungwan rolled her eyes before shrugging and just letting the kid be. The singer also went straight to her garage before she placed the mask in the shotgun seat.

Seungwan has been invited to such events for the first time, so she feels clueless about everything. The blonde singer started to drive into the venue. She doesn’t know what to expect, but she’s confident many people will be around the area.

As soon as she parked her car, she immediately reached for the mask before she wore it. The singer could only look at her reflection before she got out of the car after putting her phone inside the pocket of her blue slacks. “Let us just finish this, then you can play the whole day again,” Seungwan whispered before heading out of her car. She saw another car pulling over and saw a beautiful woman wearing a blue off-shoulder gown. It made Seungwan stop walking, especially when she saw who this lovely woman was. Is it Irene, or should she call her Joohyun?

Seungwan took a step back before she tried to calm herself down. Joohyun looks so stunning in her off-shoulder gown. Her hair flows freely, making her look more feminine and beautiful. The blonde singer decided to start walking. She saw how Joohyun shot her a look and gave her a soft smile. That made Seungwan almost combust and panic, so the singer could only bow before she pressed the elevator button. Seungwan feels weird that she’s wearing a mask while standing beside Joohyun. “Hi? Are you going to the event too?” Seungwan had never looked at a person that fast. Her mask almost dropped, making her panic, so she immediately fixed it before nodding as an answer to Joohyun’s question. “It’s so unique that you are wearing a mask. I think it’s a good idea.” Seungwan doesn’t know what to answer. That is why she’s very thankful that the elevator finally opened. The singer gestured for Joohyun to come inside first. That is why she saw Joohyun smiling at her before she went inside. Seungwan immediately followed before she closed the elevator. “That suit is so familiar, I kept thinking where I saw it.” Seungwan gulped as she pressed the ground floor button of the elevator. “Ahhh, maybe when I was looking for something online.” the dancer shrugged before she looked at her reflection.

The whole elevator ride was silent. Seungwan was nervous, especially when they finally reached the hotel lobby where the function hall was located. When the door opened, she saw many people, which overwhelmed her. The blonde watched how Joohyun exited the elevator first before she followed her. “Oh, Miss Skywan! I’m glad you are here!” Seungwan saw how Joohyun looked back and stopped in her tracks. The brunette was surprised when she heard that, making her stop in her tracks. “The only person Miss Bae is following.” Seungwan bowed before she fixed her mask once again. She had never thought that she would gather this much attention.

Joohyun feels so surprised that she’s actually standing to the user that she admires. The brunette didn’t know what to do at all. She was about to walk away when a reporter stood before her. “Miss Bae! I’m so thrilled to see that you are finally following one user in the app! Are you personally close to Miss Skywan?” Joohyun gulped as she looked at the woman who was wearing the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter