One

COURAGE

A Polaroid photo of the two girls, with one taller than the other kissing the other cheek and the smaller girl smiling brightly as she looked at the camera, was pinned to the refrigerator with a cute handwritten note saying " Nabong♥Tzuyu ." Whoever passed by was touched by this photograph, but there was one who was jealous when she saw it.

They looked so harmonious together. It was clear what sincere feelings they had for each other.

I can't be as brave as Tzuyu. I can't just walk up to Nayeon-unnie and ask for a photo together. As soon as I see her within 10 steps, I get lost, embarrassed, or simply run away, making up excuses.

The same Polaroids of other agency girls who took pictures with Nayeon were hung throughout the hallway leading to the practice dance hall.

“Mina-unnie, be careful,” she heard out of the corner of her ear a warning from DaHyun, who was walking behind her, but it was too late.

The mine collided with a man walking towards him, completely falling on top of him.

Shame began to rise throughout the skin, decorating it in a bright red color, until the voice, stuttering from embarrassment, tried to apologize to the stranger.

What if I fell on sombe ? God, what a shame!

"Mina, I'm fine, just can you... um"

God, it's even worse. This is Nayeon-unnie!

“Yes, yes, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I…” he widened his eyes from unexpected shock, hastily rising from his lying body.

"You didn’t hurt yourself, Mina? " getting up, shaking off her tracksuit, Nayeon asked worriedly, looking around at the departed girl.

“No, I’m fine, unnie,” Mina said quietly, hiding her eyes, putting her hands behind her back, crossing her fingers.

“Okay then,” Nayeon let go of the situation, passing them, walking in her own direction. “See you later,” she turned around and waved goodbye.

" Why does it have to be Nayeon? " Mina was sure that she didn’t ask him, the voice was well copied by Jeongyeon, Nayeon’s best friend and Momo’s girlfriend, her best friend.

Mina blushed deeper, bit her lower lip, took a sidestep, but was caught in a reassuring hug by Momo as she followed Jeongyeon out of the dance hall.

- Chonggi, don't tease Minari. Don't you know the whole situation? – Momo reproached her, placing her chin on her friend’s broad shoulder. Jeongyeon hung her head guiltily and pouted at Momo, but she didn’t react at all, instead she took Mina’s arm and led her away. – See you at my place today, let’s talk? I'll invite Sana.

“Okay,” Mina nodded in agreement, smiling softly at Momo’s comfort, feeling comfortable again.

"Are you coming, Jeongyeon?" Momo called her girlfriend, rushing to catch up with Nayeon. “Let’s hurry up and get unnie, otherwise she’ll be able to leave without us.”

" I'm coming, baby. Sorry, Minari," she asked for forgiveness, realizing that the joking tone with the question was inappropriate.

Mina entered the dance hall, looking around at the gathered “kids,” as she liked to say. DaHyun and Chaeyoung were warming up near the mirror, Tzuyu was sitting on the sofa, changing her shoes with a smile, watching the silly gestures from her friends. JiHyo, who promised to come and train with them, was late, so the coach decided to start without her. The choreographer, from whom they were studying the next song, having thought everything over, decided to divide them into two teams so that then, gathering everyone together, they could “create” a dance. As she explained at the preliminary meeting with the director, the girls were also present:

"This way it will be easier later, because the girls will know the main part of the dance ."

Their group, formed in the show, has been fighting to be recognized and loved for 2 years. Mine should have gotten used to the fact that Nayeon is always nearby, but how can she stop her rapidly beating heart from excitement when the older girl simply turns to her. Momo and Sana are the only ones who knew Mina's secret crush on their Korean unnie. Now Jeongyeon knew too, since Momo could not hide secrets from her girlfriend.

If you ask her why she fell in love with Nayeon, Mina will not be able to answer right away, because in her opinion, everything about Nayeon is charming and cute. Most often, the older girl behaved like a spoiled child, she loved being babysat, Mina wanted to hug, caress, do everything to make Nayeon feel spoiled.

If I had the courage, I would have done this a long time ago, ” Mina sighed, turning her attention to the coach, who approached the player, turning on their song. It's time to work.

֎

Nayeon tiredly sat down in the massage chair, covering her eyes with her palm from the bright LED light that was burning in the lobby of their living room. The donated chair did not fit near the window, as many wanted, so for now we decided to leave it here, next to the hallway. Their temporary shelter, as Park Jin Young said. Their new house was being prepared for 9 girls to live in; a couple of rooms remained to be completed and furnished. The girls decided to bribe everything else that was basic for life (from their first real salary). The massage chair was used on schedule, today was a lucky day for Nayeon and Sana. While Sana took a shower, she lay there, enjoying the pleasant tingling sensation that spread throughout her body, allowing her to relax. She was almost falling asleep when a body landed on her for the second time that day. This time Sana jumped on her, wrapped her arms around her neck, laid her head on the girl’s chest, and laughed happily.

"What happened, Sana?" Nayeon asked her, her still wet hair.

“Nothing, I’m just happy to be in unnie’s arms,” Sana chirped, burrowing deeper.

“I’m also happy to be next to you,” Nayeon said, “but I need to take a shower, otherwise I’m all sweaty and dirty after dancing.” You smell so good, new shampoo?" Inhaling the aroma of lemon mixed with mint, feeling how fatigue goes away along with the smell.

"Yes, I bought Minari recently. Don't you remember how she said that you can use it yesterday or the day before?" Raising her head, Sana smiled sweetly, looking at Nayeon, who was looking at her with a surprised look.

“Vaguely,” she drawled, not entirely sure. " I like the aroma."

“You can use it too, unnie, then we will smell the same,” Sana said, standing up, and then completely freeing Nayeon from her load.

“Maybe I’ll do that,” looking with envy at Sana, who sat in the chair instead of her, she went into the shower, turning into the common room on the way (she shared it with JiHyo, Sana and Mina), and took a robe and slippers.

So Mina bought shampoo. Wait, I now remember that when it fell on me, I smelled mint. She is so soft and gentle. It's so nice to hold her in your arms. If only it were longer.

֎

Almost falling asleep, Sana suddenly woke up from a message. In the MiSaMo chat, Momo wrote:

After dinner you spend the night with me. Let's have a date night ."

Sana: “ Just us? Will Chonggi be jealous?

What are you thinking, Sana? Mina will be with us ."

" Ah "

Mina: " I may not come " (teasing emoticon)"

Momo: “ We are going for you, Minari, so that we can’t live without you .”

Sana: “ What happened? »

Momo: " MiNayeon's awkward meeting ."

Sana: “ What? What? Why don't I know anything? »

Momo: “ Because you left earlier. ” By the way, is Nayeon-unnie home ?”

Sana: Yes. I’m off to the shower now .”

Momo: “ How was she acting?”

Sana: “ As always. And what? Hey, I'm curious!

Momo: “ You’ll find out when we get together (wink).”

Sana: " Uh-uh?"

Momo: “ Soon, I’ll tell you. I want to see your reaction ."

Mina: "Momo..."

“Sana should know, Mina.”

They won't tell me anything. Why, when I leave somewhere before everyone else, do I miss the most interesting things? And unnie doesn't say anything. Maybe ask? No. I'd better find out, then I'll ask. Oh wait, I hear Nayeon's voice. Is she calling me? No. Sings. Ah, my heart, calm down, how lucky I am to hear such moments. They are only mine.

֎

Chaeyoung exhaled full air from her lungs, ran her palm through her sweat-damp hair, and lowered her gaze to the floor. The coach only now gave them permission to rest. Three hours without a break. She should have gotten used to it, because future concerts would last longer, but her heart was pounding like crazy and shortness of breath threatened her with losing consciousness.

The hazy gaze moved from the floor to her friend, who approached her, placing her palm in the center of her shoulder blades.

"How can you be so perfect after a grueling workout?" She repeated this question more than once, so she was not at all surprised when she heard the following from DaHyun:

" It’s not visible to me, because my skin is light" half jokingly with a wink.

“It’s not fair,” Chaeyoung frowned, wiping away beads of sweat flowing from her forehead down her neck and collecting in the valley between her s.

“Get over it, bro,” DaHyun laughed, tenderly hugging the girl from the side, pulling her to her waist.

"Baby, I need to take a shower - pitifully - what time do you think the coach will let us go today?"

“I think it will be soon,” Tzuyu answered instead of DaHyun, towering over the two “kids” and handing them a bottle of water and two towels to dry themselves with.

"Where did this guess come from? " Chaeyoung asked the question, greedily swallowing water, almost choking, glancing sideways at how Tzuyu’s hand lay on DaHyun’s lower back, mechanically it.

The worm of jealousy slowly began to rise to her heart. But she suppressed it, DaHyun assured her that he loved only her, and Tzuyu was only a friend, almost a sister.

“Look,” she nodded towards the coach, who, turning off the tape recorder, began to approach the sitting Mina with a bottle of water. "Now everything will be decided."

“She’s hitting on our Mina -unnie again,” Chaeyoung muttered displeasedly, ready to rush to the rescue. " How many times do I have to tell her that she’s busy?"

“Probably until Nayeon-unnie takes a step and announces to everyone that Mina belongs to her,” DaHyun snorted, squinting at the interaction between them.

“Then we need to hurry up and push Nayeon-unnie,” Tzuyu suggested, once again reminding them that this topic of conversation had been discussed more than once.

They came up with a million ideas on how best to bring together unconnected people.

“Girls,” Mina called, waving her hand at them, without looking back at the departure of the coach, who, in turn, constantly turned around and looked at her, “we are going home.”

Approaching Mina, the girls noticed a napkin with a phone number in her hands.

"Unnie, what is this?"Chaeyoung lightly touched the piece of paper with her index finger.

“Nothing,” Mina answered, hiding it behind her back, crumpling up the piece of paper. “I won’t be able to answer her feelings,” I didn’t hide it, because how many times did the girls have to attend something like this. "My heart has long been given to another person."

As soon as her answer came, DaHyun’s phone rang, filling the half-empty room with a pleasant melody. Approaching her bag, DaHyun found the phone, then without thinking, she immediately took it:

"Nayeon-unnie, we...What? Wait, I’ll write it down now - I rummaged in my purse, took out a notepad, a pen and began to write something down. - Yes, I understood. No, we have already been released. We'll be there soon. Okay, we won’t linger anywhere except the store. Okay, unnie. Thanks, you too."

"What happened to Nayeon-unnie? "Mina asked worriedly, seeing the incomprehensible expression on DaHyun’s face, she became even more worried.

"Nothing serious, it’s just that Nayeon-unnie and Sana -unnie decided to surprise us in the kitchen - there’s no point in adding further and everything is clear.

If Nayeon somehow knew how to cook, she was definitely able to cook noodles, then Sana, to put it mildly, was forbidden to enter the kitchen.

But the worst combination is when these two are left at home alone and decide to surprise everyone else with a pleasant dinner (lunch, breakfast).

And since today, Momo immediately after training went on a date with Jeongyeon, these “children” were left unattended.

Moreover, knowing that Nayeon cannot refuse Sana and knowing how Sana can persuade...

“We better hurry,” Tzuyu voiced the general thought.