dreams & tattoos

please, fling me off (or hold me in your arms)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“hyej.” the youngest hummed an answer.

 

“wheein.” yongsun merely stated— voice low which is weird, the woman has always been loud, that made hyejin raise an eyebrow. 

 

“what about her?” 

 

“don't you think she's too annoying?” yongsun asked, eyes almost pleading to agree with her. 

 

hyejin shook her head no, “nope, i think she's cool.”

 

yongsun didn't reply & just scoffed. hyejin stared at yongsun, fumbling with her long nails and she looked at wheein from the other side of the cafeteria. 

 

“that's weird, you're annoyed by someone other than byul.”

 

“well, your girlfriend is annoying & i'm not annoyed by wheein, it's just that— i don't know.”

 

“it's okay, yong. it's normal for us to be annoyed by someone we don't know.” yongsun just shrugged & continued writing something on her script.

 

it was another day, they're in the auditorium, “she's here again.” yongsun said & hyejin chuckled, “of course, she will be. she's in our department, yong.”

 

“i know, what i mean is, she's suddenly everywhere.”

 

“she always has been, she's one of the run crew of our drama club.”

 

“really?” yongsun couldn't believe it, she knew about wheein but not about her being in the same club. 

 

“yes, main actress. she joined last semester.” yongsun mouth formed an 'o'. “and maybe, she's more noticeable to you now because she changed her brown hair to blue last week.” hyejin added. 

 

“why do you know all of that?”

 

“i told you, she's in the same drama club.” hyejin rolled her eyes. 

 

hyejin's right, yongsun thought. her blue-hair makes her eye-catching. she grumbled, annoyed again & her smile, god, her smile is so pretty, it's so annoying. the dimple too, it's like a cherry on top.

 

“wait, is this your way so i will introduce you to her?” hyejin suddenly said, pointing her long nails at her.

 

“wha— what? no!” yongsun stammered, almost offended & hyejin looked at her like she was lying.

 

“really? we can go & talk to her though so we can erase this prejudice you have about her.” hyejin suggested with a teasing glint in her eyes.

 

“what prejudice? you're over-reacting. and no, let's not bother her.” yongsun looked away, sometimes hyejin is too intimidating for her own good. 

 

“with how often you mention her name, bet she bit her tongue countless of times already. i won't be even surprised if one day she chokes & die because a certain kim yongsun keeps mentioning her.”

 

“shut up, hyejin.” & hyejin just laughed. 

 

wheein being in the same drama club was confirmed, well, at least for yongsun when she was ordered to stand by the edge of the stage, pulling out & adding the props that yongsun needed to use— it was a telephone & a table. yongsun needed to sing with it which means that she needed to think of a choreography, utilizing the two props. 

 

& for yongsun, it was so awkward during rehearsals, because wheein was just standing there during her number, it was making yongsun self-conscious, almost embarrassed, she knows to herself that she isn't the best dancer & she heard from hyejin that wheein used to be in a dance crew. honestly, she was annoyed with their scriptwriter & director, she wasn't informed beforehand that she needed to sing & dance, she thought it was just going to be like their usual play. 

 

 

“so how was it, did you talk to her?” hyejin asked, they're having lunch in their school cafeteria.

 

yongsun swallowed the food she was munching before replying, “who?”

 

“wheein, i always see you guys during rehearsals. she's like 1 meter away from you.” hyejin said as she wiped her lips.

 

“no, i can't. i'm too busy trying to figure out what i should do with my number and she's just there because she was assigned with those damn props. she's like a hawk watching me, she's probably judging me because i almost choke myself with the telephone cord while trying to make a choreography with it.” yongsun said in one breath, hyejin was almost afraid that she'll suffocate.

 

“i think you should ask her for help, she's a run crew of the drama club & she's from a dance crew after all.” hyejin said, patting yongsun's shoulder as a way of comforting her friend.

 

“i can't hyej, she's too intimidating. always so expressionless. she's always like this—” yongsun replied, copying wheein's expression that made hyejin burst out laughing. 

 

they've been rehearsing for the whole day & the director looked like she's about to be frustrated with yongsun as she seems not to know what to do with her props. 

 

“can anyone here please help yongsun with a little choreography with the telephone?” the director asked out loud. everyone in the room was silent. 

 

someone cleared their throat, it was wheein. “i can help her, yeri.” 

 

yeri, the director smiled at wheein, “thank you.”

 

wheein stride towards yongsun & for some reason, yongsun felt something. she somehow felt nervous. 

“some of us may take a break while wheein & yongsun deal with the choreography.” yeri announced that made yongsun grumbled internally, she suddenly wanted to have a break too which is unusual, yongsun is the type of person to push herself to her limits because she's a perfectionist.

 

“yongsun?” wheein's voice was soft yet deep. she could feel her stomach swirl. the way wheein spoke her name was unfamiliar yet not unwelcome. 

 

yongsun cleared , “wheein.” was the only thing she said but she sounded so breathless, she cleared again. “do you— i mean, i'm assuming that you have something in mind regarding the choreography, can you demonstrate it for me?” 

 

yongsun's face was flushed, she's so embarrassed. she didn't even greet wheein first. she sounded like she was demanding something from her when she just offered her help. “i'm sorry, i'm just nervous.” 

 

wheein lightly chuckled, “there's nothing to be nervous about, yongsun. are you ready though?”

 

yongsun nodded, “yeah.”

 

“can i touch you?” wheein asked softly, she sounded almost shy.

 

yongsun was weirded out. “pardon?”

 

“can i touch you so i can guide your movements better? i suggest that you don't need to move around the stage & just stay where you are.” wheein explained & yongsun wanted the ground to swallow her whole for misunderstanding things.

 

“of course, you can touch me wherever & whenever you please.” yongsun noticed how wheein's left eyebrow raised with her statement along with a slight tug of her upper lip. 

 

and yongsun wanted to cry out loud, she's been doing nothing but to embarrass herself whenever wheein's around, it was almost making her dizzy. 

 

wheein went behind her & held her arm, it was almost as if yongsun's fragile, she held her arm with such care. 

 

“first, relax your arms, let me guide it so you won't tangle yourself with it. move it like this.” wheein guided softly, like she's talking to a child & yongsun wanted to bang her head against a wall because she felt like smiling, she felt like she was being taken care of.

 

yongsun meant it when she said she wasn't the best dancer and she thinks that wheein might agree with her. she couldn't get a simple choreography right, & she blames wheein for the half of it. for her, the blue-haired girl was too distracting. 

 

she groaned because of frustration, wheein was quick to comfort her. “it's okay, yongsun. it doesn't have to be perfect now, you're doing great.”

 

“but i can't get it right, we've been doing this for 40 minutes already. yeri might just really strangle me with this telephone wire.” for some reason, her morbid statement made wheein laugh, loud this time and yongsun loved hearing it.

 

“oh god, you're so funny.” wheein said when she recovered from what yongsun said.

 

“and you're too perfect.” yongsun's mouth was faster than her brain.

 

wheein was stunned for a second & yongsun wouldn't notice it if she wasn't paying attention. “& that's a lie. no human is perfect, yongsun.”

 

“then what are you? what exactly did you eat growing up?” yongsun's question was absurd, she knows it would make wheein laugh & she wasn't wrong.

 

“stop it, yongsun. i won't share it with you. let's focus now.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter