Final

Your Words

 

Naekkeo haja

Naega neol saranghae, eo?

 

                “Myungsoo! Wake up!” A voice outside the door yelled. I groaned annoyed that it awoken my blissful dream. A dream about bamboo mats and ice cream. What more can a guy ask for? The person outside knocked on the door. “Honey, are you awake?” The person opened the door slowly and I shifted in my bed. I groaned again and pulled the sheets higher up to cover my face. “Myungsoo?” My mom asked quietly.

                “Go away.” I mumbled half asleep. I continued to lie in the same position until she left. My mom sighed once.

                “Just wanted to tell you that breakfast is almost done. I’ll see you downstairs dear.” When I heard that she closed the door, I sat up against the headboard and scratched the top of my head. I yawned and walked sleepily to the bathroom. Turning on the faucet, I ran my fingers through the cold water. I cupped my hands together to gather water to wash my face. While wiping the water off, I looked at the reflection on the mirror. It showed the image of a teenage boy whose looks girls lusted after. But in his eyes, he showed nothing but misery and loneliness. How could they shine? It was something impossible after what happened a year ago and exactly on this day as well. I sighed and ran my fingers through my jet black hair. Come on Kim Myungsoo, you can survive today without her. Without another word, I went out to get dressed.

                About thirty minutes later, I arrived at the entrance of Woollim High.

“Omona! It’s L oppa!”

“Yo L, what’s up.”

“I love you oppar! Lemme bear your babies!”

                Just another typical day.

                I ignored the screaming girls and boys that crowded around me. I continued to head to my destination, 1B, otherwise known as Almighty L’s homeroom. Opening the door to the classroom, I saw two people. The homeroom teacher and an unfamiliar boy whom I never saw before but was a lot taller than I was. They both glanced my way before turning back to their conversation. I went to the back of the classroom where my seat was. It was located at the far left next to the windows.  I sat down onto the chair and took out my iPod. Plugging the ear phones into my ear I rested my head onto the desk and closed my eyes. I suppose a few minutes of shut eye wouldn’t be that bad. Footsteps shuffled closer to where I was and I ignored it until a voice spoke up.

                “Annyeonghaseyo new seat partner! I’m Lee Sungyeol and I just transferred to this school! But you can just call me Sungyeol. Nice to meet you!” The voice chimed excitingly. I inwardly groaned to myself and peeked through the tiny gaps in my arms. The boy who was just talking to the homeroom teacher had placed himself in the empty seat next to me. He had a wide smile pasted on his face, his semi chubby cheeks pink with excitement. The boy spoke up again. “Hello? New seat partner person?”

                “What?” I growled, not amused that a random stranger had just disturbed my peaceful moment. The teen brushed off my rude reply with a question of his own.

                “You must be Kim Myungsoo! How do you do? Let’s be friends okay?” Sungyeol smiled cheekily and raised his right hand for me to shake. I glanced at it for a moment before laying my head back down. Sungyeol pouted and poked my arm. “Yah Kim Myungsoo, are you asleep?” He continued to question. I tried to pay attention to the lyrics of the song I was listening to.

 

I hope my alarm clock rings quickly and wakes me from this dream
Turn back the time that feels like a nightmare and throw away our break up
I can’t escape from this horrible broken dream that’s frozen into place
I hope this alarm clock rings loudly and wakes me up, oh quickly               

(Alarm clock – SHINee)

               

                Without even knowing, a tear had rolled down my cheeks. As I raised my hand to wipe it off, another hand went for my right ear plug and pulled it out. Sungyeol plugged it into his ear and bopped his head slightly to the beat. I could only stare in awe and anger as he tried mouthing the lyrics. I quickly pulled the ear phone back and moved away from him. I turned and faced the opposite direction.

                “It sounded pretty sad. You should let the past go if it hurts you too much Myungsoo.” Sungyeol whistled unaffected by my behavior. I turned a little to see him in the corner of my eye. Confused, I raised an eyebrow. “Well, I learned from experience that if someone broke your heart in the past that you should move on as soon as possible so that you won’t be even more heartbroken near the future. And your song,” He pointed to the iPod in my hand, “conveys it perfectly. You should learn to accept the past and go for the future.” Sungyeol shrugged. “At least that’s what I read in a book.” I rolled my eyes and went back to facing out the window. Sungyeol smiled again and took out a sheet of green paper to view his schedule. I reviewed what he had told me just now. It’s too difficult to forget her. She was my past, my present, and my future. But then she left me for another man. I snuck a peek at Sungyeol who was humming a song with a grin on his face.

                But maybe……just maybe.



 

                Ever since that one fateful encounter in homeroom, Sungyeol would always find some time to annoy talk to me. It was annoying when he all of a sudden came up to me during lunch on his first day of school and asked if he could sit next to me. Many people stared, some with envy of the new student, and most with surprise. Sungyeol threatened that he would throw a tantrum in the middle of the cafeteria if I didn’t let him sit. Because I didn’t want the attention, I let him. Worst mistake on my side. He talked nonstop about everything and anything. During that time, I found out that he was my hyung. I found it hard to believe that someone as choding as him was older than me.

                “Hey Myungsoo! Wanna go get ice cream afterschool?” Sungyeol screamed from across the courtyard. This was about 2 weeks after meeting the new transfer student. My face flamed with embarrass at the sudden call of my real name. It had been so long since someone called me by my birth name instead of L. That led to the memory of Her again and I sighed. Seems that I didn’t forget her yet. I continued to walk forward, ignoring the calls from Sungyeol.



 

                Sungyeol’s smile dropped as he walked around the near empty school. He remembered what people told him about Myungsoo and some other girl. He had been curious to know what had happened to make Myungsoo shed a tear. Yes he had seen it, although he pretended not to. He had asked some people around the school, that included Woohyun and Sunggyu and some other students who was close to him before ‘She’ came. Sungyeol sat down onto a bench as he recalled their talk.

 

A week ago

                “Woohyun ssi! Sunggyu ssi!” Sungyeol called out and waved his hand to gesture them over. Woohyun and Sunggyu looked confusingly at each other for a moment before walked over. Sungyeol led them both to an empty classroom and quickly closed the door.

                “What’s up Yeolie?” Woohyun said with a raised eyebrow. Sungyeol sat on top of a table and sighed.

                “Guys, what happened to Myungsoo in the past?” That question made Sunggyu and Woohyun look wide eyed at each other once more. Sunggyu spoke up first.

                “W-what do you m-mean? Nothing happened!” He spoke in a rush. Sungyeol crossed his arms.

                “Seriously guys. I want to help him okay? Do you know how painful it is to still him walking around with his head down all the time? In fact, the only times I get to hear him talk is when I bug him too much or when a teacher calls on him. So spill everything now.” Sungyeol replied with a serious face. The duo went to a corner to discuss about it. A few minutes later, they turned back. Woohyun sat down onto a chair with a grim expression.

                “Okay. Fine, we’ll tell you about Myungsoo’s past. But do not, I repeat, DO NOT tell him that we told you this.” The younger nodded quickly. Woohyun cleared his throat and began. “About 2 years ago, we were all freshmen at Woollim high. We were popular because of our good looks, especially me—“Woohyun blabbed and Sunggyu whacked his head with the palm of his head. Woohyun whined before continuing. “Anyways, L, or Myungsoo which you call him, stood out the most. There was also a queenka at the school before. She was a year older than all of us, except Sunggyu hyung. The queenka’s name was Go Woori. God, now that I think about her…” He shivered.” She was a . ‘Nuff said. I don’t know why but L seemed to like her a lot. They got together a few weeks later. I know this for a fact that Woori was cheating on L behind his back, but whenever I told him, he’d deny it. Then on the day of his one year anniversary……she dumped him.” Woohyun’s frown grew and Sunggyu patted him on the back with the same expression on his face.

                “I could still remember his face when Woori told him that she never loved him…..it was all for his looks….his money. Never for him. After the break up, L never talked to us. He ignored us completely at school. It hurts to be used and rejected by someone you liked for a long time. During the time that they dated, L seriously believed that Woori loved him. So when she told him that she was sleeping with some other guy behind his back, he fell apart. L was screaming and everything, telling her that he loved her and that he wanted her back. Sunggyu, Sungjong and I happened to walk by when that event happened. In fact, Sungjong even gave her ugly face a slap. Heh. She had a black bruise on her face for weeks. The deserved it.” Woohyun laughed darkly. A few tears leaked out of Sungyeol’s eyes as he heard the past of Myungsoo being revealed to him. Sunggyu turned back to face him.

                “Don’t…don’t tell him that we told you this. Be careful with him. I’m positive that I can trust you with him. You were the only person I’ve seen him talk to for a long time. Lee Sungyeol, you must be special. Take care of him okay?” Sunggyu smiled softly and his eyes disappeared into slits. Sungyeol sniffed and nodded twice.

Present

                Without knowing, tears sprang out of his eyes. A choked up cry came out of his mouth. No one deserves to be used and thrown away…no one. Sungyeol raised his left hand to wipe the tears away but another hand stopped him. I grabbed his left hand and placed it down. I took out a tissue from my pocket and reached it out towards the older.

                “Here. It’s embarrassing to cry in the open. Hurry and wipe them away.” I said harshly, or at least tried to make it sound harsh. My eyes were soft as I stared into the teary eyes of Sungyeol. Very gently, Sungyeol took the tissue from my hands. He looked at it for a moment before standing up. I was confused at why he didn’t wipe away his tears. But before I could’ve asked him, he hugged me. Sungyeol wrapped his arms around me and I froze in my spot not knowing what to do. The last person I’ve hugged was Woori. And that was before we broke up. In her arms, I felt insecure, as if she was going to leave me. But in Sungyeol’s arms, I felt safe, at home. That was when I knew for a fact that Sungyeol wasn’t going to leave me like Woori.

                “You don’t have to hold it in. Woori didn’t deserve you. She was wrong to throw you away. I’m here for you now…okay?” Sungyeol cried into my shoulder. Teardrops dropped down my face as I silently sobbed, letting everything I have been holding out. These were the exact words I needed to hear. Your Words were what I wanted to hear for so long. And I felt my heart warm up a little…..just a little. I smiled through my tears and hugged the older back before speaking the two words.

                “Thank you.



 

Did you guise like it? c:

I'm not very good at writing angst oneshots! Mianhae :c

ALSO. Did you guise watch SHINee's Sherlock yet.

TAEMIINNN ♡