Final

Ulzzang Love

I was waiting for him, again, in front of the coffee shop that we promised to meet each other. I rub my hands together and blow some hot air to my freezing hands. “That jerk. This is the tenth time I waited for him. Where the hell is he?!” I look at my watch and gritted my teeth. He's late.....for FOUR ing hours. I enter the cafe and went to the cash register. “Late again, huh?” I glare at Dohyun and puff my cheeks. He chuckles and pat my head. “Ara. Ara. Why don't I treat you? Double Hot Chocolate right?” I nod my head and give him a small smile. “Double Hot Chocolate coming right up.” I take the seat at the window and stare out. Why am I waiting for him? Where the hell did I get the patience to - “Here's your Double Hot Chocolate. Just the way you like it, -”

Am I doing the right thing?”

Huh?”

Am I doing the right thing, Dohyun? Keep waiting for him when he was suppose to wait for me.” Dohyun sigh and take the seat in front of me. “Yeonha, look at me.” I turn and look at him. “Yeonha, you're not wrong nor you're right. This is like the....fifth time he's late?”

Tenth.”

Tenth?!?! Damn ~ No wonder you're a mess.”

Dohyun ~”

I'm kidding. But seriously! The tenth time?! That guy is nuts. Making a girl wait for him for...four hours? Yeah. Four hours in the cold for him. Not any girl in fact. His own girl!” my shoulder deflated and I solemnly look out the window again. “Yeonha, do you really think he loves you?”

I don't know, Dohyun. I seriously don't know.” Dohyun sigh and look at me with a sad expression. “Yeonha ah, do you love him? Do you still love Chihoon?” I turn and glare at him. “Kang Dohyun, how dare you ask me that question! Of course I do!”

Well then, why are you sitting here with him?” I look up and see Chihoon standing beside the table with his shades on. I frown and point at him. “What? You're expecting me to wait for you outside? I did actually...For four ing hours!” he shrug and take his shades off. Dohyun stand up and walk away. “Are you going to explain to me why you're late?”

Why should I?” he sit down at the chair Dohyun had sit and flip his fringe to the side. “You know that I'm a busy man and I don't really have time for myself.” I roll my eyes and sigh. “Lee Chihoon, you're being utterly stupid.”

And why is that?”

You're just – I don't even know what to call what you do! Managing an online mall and being an Ulzzang is not making you as busy as you make it seemed. You're being ridiculous and sometimes I question myself why the hell do I still be with you when you show me no interest or what so ever.” A waitress serve him his drink and give him a seductive smile before she walk away. I shake my head and look at him. “Chihoon ah, do you still love me?” he blink innocently at me and I sigh. I reach for his hands and link our fingers together. “Chihoon oppa, I keep having this feeling that you don't love me anymore. My friends always tell me they saw you with another girl sometimes when they go out and you seem very intimate with her. You don't call me as often as you used to and you always late for dates. Oppa, a-are you seeing s-someone e-else?” he sigh and look out the window. “Why does it matter anyway?” I shut my eyes and bit my lower lip. “Just tell me please.” he stiffen and pull his hands away. It can't be. “Yes.” my heart dropped and I felt my eyes watered. I knew it. I knew it. “How long?”

Yeonha -”

How long, Chihoon?” he look at his hands and fiddle his fingers. “Two months.” I glare at him and he tried to look away from my glare but he can't. “How could you? We've been together for a year, Chihoon and you have an affair?! What did I do so wrong? Do you even love me from the start or am I one of those girls that you find pretty and want me to be in your collection?! Is she better than me? Is she an Ulzzang like you?” then I notice a pink smudge at his sleeve and point at the smudge. “You were with her.” his eyes bugged out. “You were with her before you come here, weren't you?” he bowed his head and nod his head. I gritted my teeth and I stand up abruptly, startling him. “Yeon-” I slap him hard on the face and my tears flow. I ignore the look from the other customers and glare at him. “You.....You ing cheater. I should've known but I love you too much.” I take off the ring he gave me on our 6th month anniversary and throw it to him. “Take that and give it to her. She needs it more than I do. Hope you're happy with her, Chihoon sshi. I hope we will never cross path again. Goodbye.” I pick up my handbag and walk out of the coffee shop. Just as I run out, it started raining like someone cut the clouds. “Great! Just great!” I raise my arms above my head and screamed to the sky. I didn't care the stares people give to me and just scream my heart out. “That ing cheater! How dare he! How – How could he do this to me?!” I scream and fall on my knees. “I hate you, Lee Chihoon. I'll show you, Lee Chihoon. I'll make you regret doing this to me.” I pull my knees closer to my chest and sobbed my thoughts away.

 



 

 

Third Person POV

 

Chihoon drink his cup of Double Hot Chocolate while staring out the window. “Chihoon ah, gwenchana?” he turn to face his friend, Taejun and Jiho who look worriedly at him. He nods and look back out the window. 'This use to be her favorite. I wonder if it still is.' Chihoon thought then something caught his eyes. A boy and a girl walking side by side while holding hands laughing away as if there's not a worry in the world. He smile sadly remembering how he used to always do that with her. Jiho nudge Taejun and nod towards Chihoon. “Chihoon?” Chihoon's head snaped and turn towards the voice. “Lee Chihoon? Chihoonie!” Chihoon smile brightly and hug the younger male. “Dohyun ah! Man, how are you?”

I'm fine, hyung! How about you? Getting any richer lately.”Chihoon laugh and ruffle Dohyun's hair. “That's not my car, duffus. That's my hyung's car. Guys, this is Dohyun, my hoobae in school. Dohyun, this is my hyung, Park Taejun and my dongsaeng, Park Jiho.”

Anneyeong ~” Dohyun wave at them and turn to face Chihoon again. “Hyung, how's your love life doing? Still with the girl you left her for?”

Girl? Left her?” Taejun and Jiho raise their brows at him. Chihoon sigh knowing the two will ask him to tell them everything and let go of Dohyun. “I'm single, Dohyun. It's been a year since I dated.”

The you picked up from the street left you, huh.”

Yah!” Chihoon smack his head and gritted his teeth. “Don't call a person you don't know like that and no, I broke up with her.”

Aish, hyung! That hurt a lot.” he then notice Chihoon's drink and point accusingly at him. “Hyung! You ordered Double Hot Chocolate!”

So? He always order Double Hot Chocolate when he comes here.” Taejun stated and Chihoon turns red. “Hyung! That's her favorite! You know it's her favorite!”

Yah! Shut up will you!” Chihoon clamp a hand over Dohyun's mouth and pull him to sit beside him. Dohyun frown and pull his hands away from his mouth. “Hyung, you're not what I think you are, are you?” Chihoon knew what Dohyun was thinking and he was only able to blush into deeper red. Dohyun sigh and pout. “Hyung, you're the one who messed up. You aren't allowed to do so.”

I know I messed up but after I know that – what ever you want to call her – wanted to be with me because of fame, I broke up with her and search for -”

Hold your horses, Lee Chihoon.” Chihoon stop talking and look at Taejun and Jiho. “Are you really going to keep both of us in the dark?” Jiho pouted and show him a little aegyo that Jiho knows Chihoon can't resist. Chihoon narrow his eyes and point at both Jiho and Taejun. “You guys don't play fair.” the two cheered and hi-five each other. Chihoon sigh and face the window with a solemn expression. “Her name is Yeonha. Kim Yeonha. We were in the same middle school and I likes her ever since. She was my crush but I didn't have the courage to ask her out until it was too late. She move to another school and no one knew where she went. A couple of years after graduation, a few of my friends ask me if I wanted to join them on a blind date with some girls they knew. At first I refuse but then I agree cause I was free and totally bored. We gathered at this cafe and there were five guys and four girls. Of course, I was the one without a date.

 

Past

 

The girl bowed a couple of times and stand up straight. “Mianhae. Am I really that late?”

Well, duh! Your date just lef-” Chihoon walk back into the shop and walk towards he table. “I think I left my wallet here. Did you -”

Chihoon? Lee Chihoon?” he look at her and his eyes bulged. “Kim Yeonha.”

Chihoon sshi! It's been so long!” she hug him and he stiffen in her arms. Realizing what she did shocked him, she let go of him and laugh sheepishly. “Mianhae. It's been a while since I saw people from my ex-middle school.” Chihoon blinked and nod. As their friends chat and mingle, both of them look opposite from each other and drink their drinks away. Sensing their awkwardness, their friends plans to go on a date with their own partners and leave the two alone. “So...” They begin at the same time and laugh at each other. Chihoon gesture her to start and she cleared . “So, what do you do now, Chihoon sshi?”

Eey~ No need to be so formal. We're the same age. Aren't we friends?”

Ara. Chihoon ah, what do you do for a living?”

I'm an Ulzzang. I have an internet mall too. What about you?”

I'm currently studying at Seoul University. Majoring in modeling and acting.” they talk and laugh as if they've been best of friends for the longest time. After a while, they left the cafe and walk on the street of Gangnam. They shopped, ate and joke around until it was decided that it was late. He walk her to her house and they sat at her porch, looking at the stars. “Yeonha ah. This is really something embarrassing but I need to get it out my heart.”

What is it?”

I had a crush on you when we were in middle school. To me, you were the most beautiful, kind, sweet and polite girl I had ever met. Your smile and happiness is so contagious that whenever I see you laugh or happy, I became happy at once and it'll go for the whole day. The truth is....I still like you. I really, really hope that we'll get to do this ag-” he was silenced with a kiss. He was shocked at first but soon relaxed and kiss her back. After a while, they broke the kiss and gaze into each others eyes. She smiles and peck his lips a couple of times before standing up, moving towards her door. “I'm free tomorrow at 11.30am. Good night, Chihoon ah.”

G-good n-night, Y-yeonha ah.” she close her door and he turn to walk away. The door open back and Yeonha run towards Chihoon. “Chihoon ah!” he turn and she ran into his arms. She look up to him and kiss his lips feverishly. He kiss her back with the same amount of force and they broke the kiss as both their lungs need air. She kiss his lips one last time and whisper 'good night' before going back to her house.

 

Chihoon smile remembering those time they spend with each other. “We went out with each other for a year and a half. I was the most happiest with her but....” he sigh and look out the window. “Then I had to mess everything up. I met with this girl at a club I went with a bunch of my friends and we went out for a couple of times before she ask me out. I agreed because at that time I didn't see Yeonha as much as I had in the past because of work. I get to spend a lot of time with the girl because she was an Ulzzang like me and she understand me...or so I thought.” he scratch his head and rest his forehead on the window. “It was the tenth time I came to our date late.”

Four hours to be exact. You make her wait for you in the cold for four hours.” Dohyun cut in and earn a glare from Chihoon. “Ignoring you,” Dohyun pout. “I came back from my date with the girl and went straight to meet her and I saw her sitting here as in this table with Dohyun and jealousy came. I acted cold towards her and as usual, we started our date with arguments. Then she ask me if I still love her the way I did when we started dating and she told me she had a feeling of me cheating which have proof because some of her friends caught me with the girl. I wanted to deny first but in the end I told her the truth. She was furious and after saying some things I would rather not remember, she slapped me and left. Few days later, I went to a gathering my friends had held and I wasn't myself. I didn't drink and became quiet. I was staring out the window when my friends were talking bout some hot babe. I turn my attention to the babe and found out that it was the girl.....but she wasn't alone. She was mingling like she's still single. I was furious. I walk out without a word and went home without a glance back or what so ever. At home, I literally trashed the living room and call the girl. I broke up with her through the phone and after hanging up on her, I tried calling Yeonha but she didn't answer any of my text or calls. I even went to her house to find it empty.”

Empty?”

Yeah. It turns out she moved a day before I came and she didn't leave anything behind. I went to the park we always go to hang out and talk about our day. I cry myself alone at the empty park and drown myself with regret. I refuse to go out of my house for weeks. No one knew why except for this kid here.” Chihoon ruffle Dohyun's head and chuckle. “He came to my house with a bunch of my friends and beat me up. My friends try to restrain him but he was to slick for those guys.

 

Past

 

Dohyun punched Chihoon countless times until Chihoon was losing consciousness. “YAH! FIGHT BACK!” Dohyun screamed at Chihoon but Chihoon still did nothing. He didn't fight back or even say a word. Dohyun let go of Chihoon and fell to the floor with tear streaked face. “Yah! Lee Chihoon! How could you?! You don't deserve to live do you know that?! Do you know how loyal she was towards you?! I love her ever since we were young but she fall for you instead! I told her my feelings do you know that?! Do you know what she told me?! 'Mianhae, Dohyun ah. I'm with Chihoon oppa now and I love him very much. I know he doesn't see me lately but I know he loves me as I love him. Please Dohyun ah. Don't let this become the reason why we're not friends. I love you too but not the same way you love me. I love Chihoon oppa and I'm planning to be loyal to him till time separate us.' Those were her words, Lee Chihoon! Those were her ing words and what did you do to repay for her loyalty?! You cheated on her! You went behind her back! What did she do so wrong to deserve that, huh?! Answer me, Lee Chihoon!” Chihoon look at him with tearful eyes and wet face. “Do you think I don't regret what I did?! Why the hell do you think I'm doing here at my home, starving myself and let myself die slowly?! I've been searching for her, call her phone and text her but she never answers them! I've been around and ask her friends where she is but none of them know! What else do you expect me to do?! Kill myself?! I'm willing to do so and I'm doing it now! I -” Chihoon started to feel dizzy and he clutched his head. His vision started to blur and then it turns dark.

 

I tried to kill myself slowly but Dohyun wouldn't let me. He told me that I should learn from my mistake and continue living. That's what Yeonha would've wanted me to do. Learn my lesson. I did and now....I'm still searching for her.” Taejun and Jiho nod in understanding. Dohyun wrap an arm around Chihoon's shoulder. “Don't worry, hyung. I'm here to support you.” Chihoon smile at the younger male and nod his head.

 



 

 

Yah! Lee Chihoon! Wake up already! We're going to be late for the shoot!” Chihoon rub his eyes and groan. He gets ready and Taejun drive the three of them to the set. After getting their outfit on and their make up done, they talk with their friends on set before the shooting. “Alright guys! Places everybody!” they did a last checking on the mics and get to their places. The shoot starts and they were introducing the new members until it was time to introduce the new Ulzzang. “Now, this Ulzzang just debuted end of last year and known as 'the emo ulzzang', let's introduce her to the viewers. Presenting, the emo ulzzang!” a girl wearing dark purple long sleeve fitting blouse with black corset, dark purple skirt with black lace, knee length black and dark purple socks and black heels walks in with style like a super model. She was wearing a silver mask that cover half her face, light brown hair with purple highlights, plump red lips, sharp nose and beautiful honey hazel eyes. Something about those eyes bothered Chihoon but he can't show it on camera. “Let's reveal our last guest. Please take off the mask.” she take off her mask and look at the camera. Chihoon's heart stop beating and his eyes bulged. It was her. It was - “Hello. My name is Kim Yeonha and my Ulzzang name is Yeonie. Please take care of me.”

Chihoon ah. Chihoon?” Taejun nudge Chihoon and he blink a couple of times. “Chihoon ah, are you interested?”

Huh?” the cast laugh but only Chihoon and Yeonha who just smile uncertainly. The shooting goes on for a few more moments before the director decided to take five. Chihoon search for Yeonha but he can't find her. “Searching for a certain someone?” he turn and see Kim Taehyun, the MC of the show 'Ulzzang Shidae'. “Hyung -”

Yeonha went to the stream if you're wondering.”

How -”

Taejun and Jiho. Go get her, tiger. Make her know that you regret what you did to her and beg for her forgiveness you have to.”

Thank you, hyung! I owe you one if this go right!” he run towards the stream and his eyes wonders everywhere until he saw the familiar purple highlights. He slowly make his way towards the girl and stop when he heard her voice. “Damn. He's here. What am I going to do? Jiyeon! You told me he won't be in this season! Of course I'm mad! Just because you're an idol and my best friend doesn't mean you can do this to me, Jiyeon ah.” 'She's talking on the phone with Park Jiyeon.' Chihoon thought as he walks closer towards her quietly. “Jiyeon, you know why I'm doing this. He crushed my heart and I want to show him that he made a mistake by cheating. Jiyeon....” she sigh and look at the sky. “Yes, I want revenge. I need to get back at him.”

And you succeed, Yeonha.” she jump and turn to face Chihoon. “What are you doing here, Chihoon? Stalking me?” she hiss at him but he keep cool and look at her with an unreadable expression. “I'm not stalking you or what so ever. I was walking around when I heard your voice, Yeonha. You have no idea how aggravating your voice is towards me. Being without it for so long makes me unconsciously move towards it.”

Cut the crap, Chihoon! You don't need me. You got that -” she was stop by Chihoon's lips on hers. She tried to push him away but he was a little bit stronger than her. In the end she give up and let him do what ever he wants until he's satisfied. He let go of her lips and look at her face. “Yeonha, I -” she slap him and glare at him. “How. Dare. You. Lee. Chihoon.” she struggle in his hold but he keep her in place. “Stop struggling or I’ll kiss you again but this time, with tongue.” she froze and hiss. “Listen to what I have to tell you. You can kill me or what ever afterward. I promise.” he look at her and smile sadly as she followed his request. “A year and a half ago, I did you wrong and I'm sorry. No girl should go through that and I apologize. After that day, not a single day goes by I didn't think about you and the guilt I feel until now. The – what ever you call her – she went behind my back and I felt what you had. I broke up with her that night through the phone and I called you. I tried to contact you but you wouldn't answer so I ran to your house just to find out that you moved to who knows where. Guilt drowned me and almost kill myself of guilt if it wasn't for Dohyun. That guy.” he chuckle and look into her eyes, slowly his grip on her loosen. “He told me to move on and learn from my mistake. I tried to let you go but....I just couldn't. I tried everything but fail. I even go to blind dates but in the end it'll just remind me of how we use to be. How we met again. Until now, I still having difficulties to let you go and you concur my mind most of the time. I still go to the cafe where we always go to, places where we go for our dates, shops that you love to visit and buy your favorite meals and drinks. I know I sound so pathetic right now but I swear, not one day have I forgotten about you, Yeonha. Our first kiss together, our first date, our first hug, our first night. Never had I forget them. They're still fresh in my mind. I miss my Yeoyeo and I wish I can see her again so that I can ask for forgiveness.” he let her go and close his eyes, preparing for the hit that he think was on it's way but nothing came. He pop and eye open just to see Yeonha on her knees and her face in her hands. He kneels in front of her and pull her hands away from her face. She hid her face with her hair quickly as her hands were in his. He then cup her chin and make her look at him. She was crying, face all wet, eyes red and lips trembling. He pull her into his arms and rock both of them side to side while murmuring sweet things to her ear and kisses the top her head. It took her some time to finally calm down. As her tears dry up, she push him away and sniff. “I understand if you hate me but please forgive me for what I had done to you in the past. I still hope we can-”

I can't be friends with you, Chihoon.” he look on the ground and rub the back of his neck. “I see. I hurt you that bad huh?” tears were threatening to fall and all he wanted to do is run and hide from the world. He was planning to make an excuse when he felt something soft against his lips. Yeonha is kissing him on the lips. She pull away and smile at him. “I can't be friends with you because I want to be more than friends. I still love you and ever since I move away, all I think about is you. You stupid, cocky, blur .” he smile and rest both of their forehead together. “I love you, Kim Yeonha.”

I love you too, Lee Chihoon.”

Question though. Why did you become an Ulzzang and when?” she blush and bit her lower lip. “I was so upset that day and I kind of stalk you when went out with the . I saw how pretty she was and instantly became jealous. I understand right away why you cheated and I told myself I need to become an Ulzzang and when I am, I'll be able to show you that I can be the girl you want me to be. That's why I move to Busan and learn about Ulzzangs from T-ara's Park Jiyeon who's a close friend of the legendary Park Taejun.”

Yah! I'm a legend to you know.”

Sure.....After Taejun and Jiho.” he groan and roll his eyes. “Why must people compare me with those two? They both have girlfriends for crying out loud!”

Then what am I? Am I not your girlfriends?”

Nope.” she was about to protest but he cut her with a kiss. “You're my EVERYTHING. My most favorite Ulzzang in the world and no one can top you.” she smile and wrap her arms around his neck. “I believe you're the one who top in this relationship.” he chuckle and rub noses with her. “Only a couple of minutes and you're already talking dirty.”

What can I say. I learn from the best.” she kiss his nose. “My Ulzzang.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

THE END