fin.

Good Night
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Can you say good night to me?" Serena asked her boyfriend, placing a hand on Jay's shoulder to get his attention.

Jay turned to face his girlfriend, repeating her words with a puzzled look.

"What do you mean, 'can you say good night to me', Serena?"

"Exactly that. I'm going to bed."

"Ahh, so, you're going to sleep?"

"Yes, it's late and I'm sleepy."

Serena suppressed a yawn from escaping before speaking again.

"Besides, Jay, you're still working and I don't want to disturb you."

Then again, Serena hasn't really been interrupting him on anything while he worked diligently. All she did was just watched her movie on low volume while casually glancing over at him every now and then throughout the movie though. Jay returned his attention back onto his laptop, bidding his girlfriend with an indifferent tone.

"Yeah, good night. Sweet dreams."

Serena frowned at his response. She knew he was stressed with work, needing to submit his report before the deadline and all while still wanting to spend quality time together, but she wasn't gonna stick around to hear him chat with his colleague and typed away on the keyboard either. Even if it meant that she had to fall asleep on the couch while he did so to which she did not want to do, especially during the movie he picked out to watch. However, Serena decided to be petty. Instead of giving him a good night kiss like she always does before going to bed, she just patted him on the shoulder instead.

"Well, have a good night to you, too, Jay." She told him as she walked away.

Jay frowned, watching her retreating figure as he wondered why he didn't receive his nightly good night kiss.

"Serena?" He called out to her in a puzzled tone.

"Hmm?"

She paused in mid-step and casually glanced over her shoulder at her boyfriend.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

"Nope. I don't think so."

"Are you sure?"

"So sure. Good night, Jay."

She flashed him a sweet smile, turning away nonchalantly, and walked away again.

"Wait, Serena." Jay cal

Please log in to read the full chapter