FIN

Call Me Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loud noises and hissing could be heard in the dorm where five girls lived.

 

"UNO!!" Jihyo shouted in victory, wearing a big smirk and looking at the three who furrowed their eyebrows.

 

"GOD DAMN JIHYO! I SWEAR I WILL CRACK YOUR WHOLE NECK USING MY BARE HANDS," Nayeon frustratedly said as she placed her card.

 

"7 green?" Momo mumbled before looking at her five cards, which seemed to have nothing green. Until she noticed a certain card that made her smirk before looking at Sana with a slight smirk. Sana suddenly raised her brows with confidence as Momo slowly placed the card, earning a laugh and a whine from Sana.

 

"What the heck, Momo!" Sana frustratedly said as she picked up four cards with so much annoyance. Everyone looked at Sana, who was now holding ten cards, while Momo and Nayeon were only holding four cards.

 

"Wait for my revenge, Hirai," Sana muttered as you could see the girls living in the dorm. They were now in their last year of college and had been living together since freshman year, along with Jihyo and Mina. The latter seemed engrossed in playing Genshin Impact or Valorant, as they heard.

 

"I can't believe you guys will literally bicker with each other just for a game?" Jihyo said before picking up her popcorn, only for the three to look at her.

 

"Says the one who always plays +4?!" Jihyo could only shake her head before watching the three heatedly playing a game.

 

"Hey, Minari, want to join?" Jihyo asked Mina as she saw her walking down to go to the fridge.

 

"I might pass, Jih. Looking at those three heated in a game, I think I'll pass," Mina chuckled before getting some water.

 

"Hey, I heard that, Minari! Says the one who always curses whenever she dies in a game," Nayeon spat back while Mina stuck out her tongue before going back to her room.

 

This scenario was normal for them—four friends bickering over a game or engaging in random chitchats while Mina did her own thing

 

"She was on her game again," Momo said as she watched Mina go upstairs to play.

 

"As if she wasn't like that even before; that is her peace game," Jihyo answered.

 

"You mean the ' YOU FOR KILLING ME' game?" Nayeon said, earning giggles but changing into a frown when Sana placed a +4 card on her.

 

"UGH! I'm close to saying UNO! Remember this, Minatozaki. I will kick your for having the same crush!" Nayeon yelped when Sana kicked her, while Momo giggled, only to stop when they looked at her.

 

"You stop giggling there, Hirai, as we remember you also have a crush on our tofu," Sana shrieked when Nayeon immediately poked her tummy. The three were about to kick each other when it was stopped by a ring of the doorbell.

 

"The one who will open the door is having a stack of cards," Momo said. Everyone looked at each other and saw Sana with ten stacks of cards.

 

"UGH! I HATE THIS. WE SHOULD SLEEP AFTER THIS," Sana groaned before standing up to smack whoever interrupted her comfortable peace. As Sana opened the door, she was about to become grumpy when her eyes met a familiar scent. The person in front of her was wearing plaid pants, a black hoodie paired with slides, and a messy bun with glasses.

 

"Oh my gosh!" Sana yelled, seeing the person in front of her who was smiling and holding something in her hand.

 

"Who is that, Sana?" a yell could be heard, along with some footsteps. When the two went out, they saw Sana poking the cheeks of the girl in front of her.

 

"Gosh, Sana, you are so rude at th-" Nayeon was cut off when she saw the person.

 

"Dahyun?" Nayeon asked, hearing the name. Momo peeked and saw the tofu in front of her who seemed to be blushing.

 

"I'm your new neighbor. I just moved in yesterday, and as a new neighbor, I decided to give you these brownies," Dahyun said before smiling at them. Before the three could pass out, Jihyo pushed them aside.

 

"Oh, Dahyun, you're so thoughtful. This is very sweet of you," Jihyo said before picking up the box of brownies.

 

"Oh, I seem so shy that my seniors know my name," Dahyun scratched her neck, earning a small laugh from Jihyo.

 

"Well, Kim Dahyun was known to our university, so no biggie. Thanks for this, Dahyun." Dahyun smiled before bowing her head, leaving the four while Jihyo closed the door and faced the blushing three.

 

"Gosh, can you at least stop embarrassing me? Three of you are weirdos. Thank God Dahyun was nice," Jihyo said, and it wasn't even a second before they noticed that Dahyun was already gone.

 

"Oh my god, finally, a new neighbor who is not irritating to my day," Nayeon said before going to the kitchen where Jihyo was unpacking the box.

 

"Hey, Mina, come out here!" Jihyo yelled as she munched on the brownies, while the three, who, for Jihyo, seemed to be overreacting, were in tears, claiming they were the most tasteful brownies. Well, Jihyo couldn't deny that the brownies tasted good.

 

"You baked?" Mina asked before sitting beside Sana, who was still engrossed in her brownies.

 

"Nope, given by our new neighbor," Jihyo answered while Mina took a bite of the brownies before shaking her head.

 

"Mrs. Simsons already left?" Mina asked, making the three look at her.

 

"Seriously, Mina? Are you living in a cave that you didn't know the news outside?" Nayeon asked, while Mina shrugged her arms.

 

"Well, I'm in my room for how many hours, so yeah, I didn't know, but these brownies are so good."

 

"They were from my crush," Momo answered, earning Mina to stop munching.

 

"Guys, you are weird for having a crush on someone because they gave you brownies," Mina replied, and before the three could bicker, Mina looked at her phone.

 

"Gotta go, guys. Thanks, Jih, for this." Mina ran upstairs.

 

"That brat. I start to think that she will marry her games."

 

"Aha, since the three of us are having a crush on Dahyun, why should we bet?" Sana said, making Momo and Nayeon raise their brows.

 

"Yah! What do you mean by that? Betting on a person?" Jihyo said, as she didn't like the idea of Sana's mind running sometimes.

 

"Nope, it's a battle of notice," Sana smiled.

 

"Whoever wins Dahyun's heart, no hard feelings," Sana finished, making Jihyo's mouth open wide.

 

 

"What in the polynomial is this ?" Jihyo said, but the next shock Jihyo got was,

 

"We're in."

 

The day they started to get noticed by Dahyun, and the first one was Sana.

 

"Hey, Dahyun-ssi!" Sana yelled as she saw Dahyun heading out in her sports attire.

 

"What in the dedication that you will exercise just to get close to her?" Jihyo said, having seen Sana in sports attire a while ago.

 

"Well, new year equals to new me," Sana winked.


 

"Oh, hello Sana," Dahyun greeted her as she removed her earbuds.

 

"Are you going for a jog?" Dahyun asked, to which Sana nodded.

 

"Great, you can come with me. I'm planning to jog in the park there," Dahyun said, and Sana obliged. The two introduced themselves to each other, even though they already knew each other. Sana needed to show her true self.

 

"Only been a year, and you will graduate soon," Dahyun said as they jogged. The only thing Sana was thankful for was that Dahyun was jogging slowly. If not, she might pass out in the middle.

 

"Yup. Well, I'm a little curious. Why did you move to a new dorm? It's not like I hate that you're our new neighbor. I'm just a little curious since the last neighbor we had was so grumpy," Sana said while Dahyun laughed before taking a sip of her drink.

 

"Well, as I saw the reviews, I liked the place. Aside from being pet-friendly with a park nearby, the cafe and university were also close," Dahyun answered while Sana nodded, admiring Dahyun.

 

"Wh—" Dahyun was cut off when loud shrieks could be heard.

 

"SANA!" Dahyun yelled before catching the latter who stumbled.

 

"Are you okay?" Dahyun asked as she helped Sana sit on a vacant bench. Dahyun looked at Sana, observing her. While Sana was pretending to be in pain due to her fall, she was internally dying from the way Dahyun cared for her.

 

"Well, I think we should go back before your feet swell," Dahyun said, looking at Sana, who was staring at her.

 

"That was thoughtful of you, Dahyun-ssi," Sana said, while Dahyun smiled at her.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"OH MY GOD, I think I need to wear a wedding dress tomorrow. Jihyo, can you call a pastor? I swear I will get a wedding certificate. I can't believe I'm down so bad," Sana exclaimed as she shared her story with Dahyun and how much she was touched.

 

Sana initially thought that the rumors about Dahyun being nice were fake, but it turns out she was wrong. The four of them were walking down a hallway when someone called them to return Sana's wallet, which she hadn't noticed was missing from her bag.

 

Curiosity increased as Sana noticed how pretty and handsome Dahyun looked. They had heard from other organizations about Dahyun being nice, and she was slowly gaining recognition in their university, becoming Momo and Nayeon's happy crush.

 

"And that's how they met Dahyun and became their happy crush."

 

"Wow, this is unbelievable. I'm jealous now," Nayeon said while drinking her coffee, pondering on what she could do to make Dahyun notice her.

 

"You should calm your down. You might pass out from her smell," Sana remarked, describing how good Dahyun smelled despite being sweaty.

 

"I'm starting to think you guys are weird," Jihyo said, shaking her head.

 

The next person who decided to make a move on Dahyun was none other than Nayeon, who decided to go grocery shopping during lunchtime.

 

"Damn, are you a celebrity or a kidnapper hiding from the police?" Momo asked. Sana couldn't help but snicker, looking at Nayeon covered in thick clothes with a shaded mask and cap.

 

"WELL, IT'S KINDA HOT THERE," Nayeon reasoned before leaving the place.

 

"Will it turn out good?" Sana asked Momo, who just shrugged her head while petting her dog.

 

------------------------

 

"A pleasant surprise to see you here, Nayeon," Dahyun greeted Nayeon, who removed her mask.

 

"Aren

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter