Forever and Ever With You (I'm Gonna Hold You Tight)

Forever And Ever With You (I'm Gonna Hold You Tight)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 Another sleepless night. These days, Karina’s stressful job prevents her from falling asleep. Her superior expects her to complete a task in a ridiculously short amount of time. Although Karina is confident in her professional skills, this may be overwhelming for her to handle this time. She puts in an entire day of work in the office, and in order to complete the task on time, she works more hours after she gets home. Having barely enough time for herself as well as those around her seems slightly suffocating. This is why although she is tired, her worries lead her to overthink everything at night. To top it off, Winter, her girlfriend, had to go to another city due to business for a full month. Of course, they’re still in touch via phone calls and text messages, but it’s not exactly the same as having her lover physically with her. Three weeks have passed ; one more week must pass until they are reunited. For her task at hand, time flies too quickly but when it comes to being apart from Winter, time flows too slowly.

Knowing that she was most likely to have another long night, she made the decision to try getting some fresh air to help her calm down. She gets out of her comfy bed and walks through her quiet loft toward the balcony. Before reaching the chilly area, Karina puts on her girlfriend’s hoodie that has been lying on the couch for the past few days. She settles into a cozy patio chair and plugs in her headphone to put on some music while stargazing. While it helps her clear her mind, she finds herself missing her lover during this moment. After all, chatting on their balcony is something they routinely do. Either to talk about their day, their concerns, their plans for the future or simply to cuddle.

So, while still calming down with the melody playing in her ears, Karina started reliving lots of fond memories involving Winter. Thanks to her own thoughts, the nervous girl began to truly relax, but it was not enough for her to fall asleep right away. She spends nearly half an hour on the balcony before heading back to the warmth of her loft. Though she had planned to watch the television, she got an idea as soon as she spotted a blank sheet of paper lying on her dining room table (she left what she was working on there when she wanted to sleep). Karina sits on a chair and picks up a pen to spin between her fingers as she searches through her playlist in search of her and Winter’s favorite song. Which always makes them think of each other. When she finds it, she starts the music and lets the words flow effortlessly on the paper. She focuses on the song’s lyrics while recalling specific moments with each line he sings. Karina smiles at the thought of the two of them and pours every inch of her affection, devotion and passion for Winter into her handwritten letter.

After a little while, she finished her heartfelt letter and reread it in order to make sure there were no typos. She is pleased that her words perfectly express the way she feels. She slips the letter into an envelope and includes a Polaroid of herself holding a soft toy with Winter’s perfume on it, a gift from her girlfriend, before she left. She returns to her bedroom to get some well-deserved sleep, making a mental note to send out the letter before anything else in the morning.

 

 

Winter, exhausted from her day, is sitting in a taxi, returning to her hotel room. The company she works for has sent her to multiple cities for the month to meet collaborators with the goal of helping them expand their business. She messages Karina, asking how her day went and reminding her to eat well. Since her girlfriend is stressed, she is aware that she could miss eating on time, it has happened before. She is relieved that her work is almost over and that she will be returning home in the next three days. She is delighted to spend time with her lover again.

When she arrives at the hotel’s lobby area, she remembers the staff leaving her a note informing her she had received mail. She retrieves her letter and recognizes Karina’s handwriting style instantly. She is both surprised and thrilled to find out what it is about. From the elevator to her room, she keeps a silly smile on her face. She removes her coat and shoes as soon as she enters the hotel room and heads to the couch to read the letter. The Polaroid is the first item she notices and she immediately smiles when she sees her girlfriend’s picture. When she finally takes the paper out of the envelope, she is taken aback by how long the text is. She begins reading, and the heartfelt message says :

 

- To my beloved Winter,

You must be surprised to get a letter from me, don’t you? My thoughts are constantly focused on you as I miss you deeply. You are not aware of how thinking of you allowed me to relax during the stressful period. Even from afar, you help me feel better. Aren’t you the most amazing person ever?

I want to let you know how thankful I am by making you happy with this tiny surprise. And what could be better than a tender letter inspired by the words of our favorite song?

This is only for you, Winter. 

 

‘Hey baby can you hold my hand ?’

For someone who can potentially exist without skinship, I cannot thank you enough for always letting me hold you whenever we’re able to. Although I know that's just a privilege of being your girlfriend, I am still honored for it. However, my favorite thing is when you initiate skin-to-skin contact. I smile like a fool in love (which I am) when it happens, it never fails to make me joyful. You’re surely being mindful of me since I wouldn’t be able to survive without skinship, yet I also know that my warmth soothes you. Your body huddling against mine says it all without you needing to say a word.

 

‘Men around you i don’t mind.’

That’s right. Since we started dating, you have never done anything that would make me jealous, so I have no issue with that. You always show your commitment to me, That’s enough for me to trust you with my entire being as well as to never doubt you. You are consistently honest about our couple, even when others display an interest in you. Proving your trust and confidence in our love. Even those who try their luck with you right in front of me, assuming we are simply close friends. You reject them right away and stare at me with eyes that reflect love only for me. The only people who upset me are those who ogle at you ersely, solely interested in your features and body. Not only are they absolutely repugnant, but they also do not respect the wonderful soul you truly are.

 

‘Tell me that you love me.'

Since you generally express your love for me through your actions, I don't need you to remind me that every other day with words. Even if it's enough to know that you care, every time you utter those wonderful words, it feels like the first time and I feel a burst of adrenaline within me. And although sharing those words, you might think it shows your vulnerability, I find that doing so, it truly expresses your sincere affection for me and how significant I am to you, and I like that!

Another amazing thing about these three words is how you look me. I really wish you could take a look at yourself at this moment because I can see all of your feelings for me in your eyes. And when those words are coming from you, it's the greatest sensation in the world.

 

‘Don’t leave my side.’

Perhaps my worst fear to date. Though I could be mistaken, I believe it's also one of yours. I can tell when we have disagreements, you hug me even closer, stronger, and longer than ordinary. My assumption could also be proven by the way your eyes are lightly wet when you apologize the next day. Since we share the s

Please log in to read the full chapter