fin.

Five Seconds
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kierra rushed through the crowd, escaping an unruly admirer she had no intention of starting any sort of relationship with.

"I already told him 'no' like several times already." She muttered, annoyed.

"Why can't he take the hint that I don't like him?"

A huffed escaped her lips.

"Like at all."

"Yah, Kierra!" The man called out her name, but Kierra continued to ignore him.

"Like can't you see I'm running away from you?" She mumbled with a shake of her head.

"Get the hint, dude."

She continued to swiftly get through the crowd to leave the party.

"I wished I knew he was coming to the party before agreeing to come in the first place."

Kierra came with her friends to one of their boyfriends' parties to chill and relax, but now all she wished for was that she hadn't come because of that guy. Things were going fine for like an hour or so until the guy spotted her and wanted to make conversation. Yet, she dismissed him, but he kept following her around for the last ten minutes. She wished she hadn't told her friends that she would be okay to mingle alone as they hung out with their boyfriends for a bit.

"Anyway, I'll just message them once i get ho-"

Kierra ended up running into another body in a hurry as the other guy's hands came to steady her out of reflex.

"Yo, Kierra, what's got you running off in a hurry?" The male asked, chuckling afterwards.

"You good?"

Kierra stared at the person and realized it was a mutual friend, Jake. He was a friend of her friends' boyfriends and the two casually got along whenever they saw one another through their friends. However, without thinking and just needing a stand-in, Kierra asked Jake to be her boyfriend in hopes he would go along with her so that her admirer would back off and leave her alone for good if he saw her with someone else.

"Can you please be my boyfriend for like five seconds, Jake?"

"Okay, Kierra." Jake readily agreed with an easy-going smile before a smirk formed.

"But what are you going to do in those five seconds though?"

Kierra was just gonna tell Jake to talk to her with his arms around her body in an intimate way, but when she spotted her admirer nearing, Kierra acted before thinking. She faced Jake, wrapped her arms around his neck, and lowered him down so that she could place her lips against his. At first shocked by her own actions, but dismissed it as she counted down the five seconds before wanting to pull away. However, Kierra was unable to break free from the kiss when Jake's hand caressed the back of her head and held her head in place and even deepened the kiss. Yet she kissed him back, but came to her senses once Jake pulled away with a grin.

"I quite like that, Kierra."

"Whatever. Forget that. What was that about, Jake?"

Please log in to read the full chapter