Never Be The Same

Our Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think I might actually go crazy,” Minju whined, pouting as she looked at herself in the mirror. Her two cousins, Chaewon and Yeji, were still laying on the bed laughing at her. “She likes you, we swear. Stop overthinking it Minju-yah,” Yeji, the oldest of the cousins, tried to comfort Minju as she approached the younger girl.

 

The girls were getting ready for family dinner with the AnHeoShin Corporation, one of the richest companies and families in South Korea. They were composed of three blood lines based on the company name. Known for being powerful as they were involved in politics and built most of South Korea’s infrastructure, many families tried to marry into theirs.

 

Though, it wasn’t so easy.

 

Hwang-Kim House had been chosen as the family into which their heirs would marry. Their family is famously known as the ones who had royal blood, which meant that they carry connections from the former kings and queens of South Korea. Not only that, they were infamous for having beautiful, handsome, and talented heirs.

 

The first born of the Hwang-Kim House this 21st century is Hwang Yeji, a daughter of the eldest child of their family’s head. She had been praised ever since her birth as the beauty of their royal blood has been really prominent with her piercing eyes, a trademark of the Hwang bloodline. 

 

The second born of the heirs was Kim Chaewon, the daughter of the middle child of their family’s head. Yeji was only 3 months old when Chaewon was born and their caretakers loved raising the 2 girls together. Chaewon also had been praised as she had the features of a fierce tiger, a trademark of the Kim bloodline.

 

The third and last born of the Hwang-Kim House came as Kim Minju, a daughter of the youngest child of their family’s head. She was 6 months younger than Chaewon and 9 months younger than Yeji. The family was so astonished when she was born as she had the most similar facial features of the former queens of South Korea.

 

Yeji, Chaewon, and Minju eventually all grew up together as they treated each other like siblings. Their parents weren’t allowed to have another baby after them, so they had no siblings to look up to or take care of. The three heirs were already aware of their status and tried their best to keep up to their family’s expectations of them.

 

Though older than the heirs of the AnHeoShin Corporation, they had to wait until their assigned partner turned 18 before they got married.

 

First to get married between the 3 heirs was Yeji as she got married at 19 years old to Shin Ryujin, 18 years old during that time, the eldest heir of the AnHeoShin Corporation. Second to marry a few months after was Chaewon and Yunjin. They had no problem with their chemistry and interest in each other as the couples have been set to meet many times before they married.

 

It wasn’t like that for Minju and Yujin though.

 

The youngest and most awaited heir of the AnHeoShin company was born 2 years after Ryujin and Yunjin, making it a bit complicated for the 2 families. Yujin was born from the An bloodline, the most powerful between Heo and Shin as she is the most connected to the founder of their family’s company.

 

She was trouble.

 

Yujin is tall, handsome, beautiful, and smart in all different ways. She knew how powerful she was the moment she was born as she sensed that she had the most privileges in the family. The youngest heir wanted to get married when she turned 21, not 18. Why? She wanted to have more fun during her teenage years.

 

This caused a minor dispute between the Hwang-Kim House and the AnHeoShin Corporation. Minju’s father thought that it was absurd to have her daughter wait for 5 years after she turned 18 just to get married to the corporate’s youngest heir. Though aware of how long she had to wait, Minju argued with her father that it was completely fine for her.

 

She had quite a lot of interest in the youngest heir of the AnHeoShin family.

 

She’s still mine no matter how long I wait, Minju thought to herself confidently.

 

When it came to the 2 youngest heirs' meetups, Minju got more confused. The taller girl didn’t pay that much attention or show much affection towards her even if she made flirty advances. Minju knew that Ryujin and Yunjin were quite sweet towards her cousins, so she expected the youngest heir to be like them.

 

She’s far from them.

 

Yujin would rather party and spend time with her friends than getting to know Minju. This started ever since Yujin was 18 and Minju was 20, the taller girl refusing to meet up with Minju before she turned 18 as she reasoned out that she already knew what Minju looked like. That hurt Minju’s pride a lot.

 

Back to the current times, it is Yujin and Minju’s last month before getting married. They had a few dates here and there where Yujin would show Minju a bit of affection, only because they were in front of the press and cameras. Minju loved those moments, especially when they were in front of their 2 families.

 

But right after those said events, Yujin would distance herself from Minju.

 

“She’s just a late bloomer,” Chaewon reasoned out to Minju who kept on overthinking her relationship with the younger.

 

“Is she really? Or maybe she just doesn’t like me,” Minju sighed, looking down as she walked outside of their dressing room with her 2 cousins.

 

“She likes you, how many times do I have to repeat myself? Ryujin and Yunjin always talk about Yujin when we’re all together,” Yeji said as she linked her arms with their youngest cousin, Chaewon holding her waist.

 

They went down to the garden of AnHeoShin’s mansion, sitting down on the benches near the big fountain. Minju rested her head on Yeji’s shoulder, thinking of reasons why Yujin does like her. She thought about the time when Yujin picked her up from a film event, the taller girl kissing her forehead as soon as she saw Minju.

 

Minju smiled slowly, her ears starting to turn pink.

 

But then again, Yujin only probably did that because there were so many people in the area and cameras surrounded them. 

 

Minju bit her lip, frowning at the thought.

 

“There’s that one time where she kissed my forehead, but it’s only for show I think.” Minju muttered as she played with her fingers.

 

“And? She held your hand in the car until you reached our house,” Chaewon countered.

 

“Yeah, that’s something Yujin barely does when you two are alone. Plus, she told me about that when I asked her how it's going between you two. She was even smiling when she told me that,” Yeji added as the middle heir agreed with her.

 

“That’s why I told you, I don’t even know anymore!” Minju stood up, slightly raising her voice due to her frustration.

 

Yeji and Chaewon glared at her.

 

“This is definitely going crazy,” Chaewon cursed at her, Yeji laughing at the scene in front of her.

 

Minju sat on the pebbled ground as she covered her face with her hands. She herself knew that she was going crazy too. Her feelings for the younger girl never changed even though she felt mixed signals from her every time that they were together. Though confusing, she also had a bit of a fault in this.

 

She never asked Yujin how she felt towards her.

 

“Love? Is that you?” A masculine voice called out.

 

The three girls looked towards the direction where the voice was coming from and saw Ryujin, Yunjin, and Yujin walking towards them. The three girls wore buttoned up polos that matched their partners’ outfit.

 

“Love! We’ve been waiting for a while,” Yeji called out, her voice turning sweet as honey as she ran towards Ryujin, her wife, who already had her arms open for her.

 

Yunjin ran towards Chaewon who was still sitting on the bench, smiling at the smaller girl as she picked her up. The two laughed together as Yunjin twirled them around, kissing Chaewon before she placed her down carefully.

 

“Hey,” Yujin whispered, smiling slightly as she walked slowly towards Minju.

 

“Hi,” Minju replied once the taller girl was a few inches away from her.

 

Yujin wore a white Ralph Lauren polo, matching Minju’s. The older girl smiled as she noticed what the youngest heir wore.

 

“What’s this? Wearing the same clothes as me?” Minju teased Yujin, the other girl staring at her as a small smirk formed at the corner of her lips.

 

“Hmm, just coincidence.” Yujin replied, crushing Minju’s assumptions about her intentions towards her and what they wore.

 

Minju pouted as Yujin turned her back on her, walking towards the others, leaving behind the older girl. She stared at how Yujin fiddled with her fingers placed on her back as she leaned her head to the side, listening to Ryujin’s story about the cooked food for their supposed dinner in a bit.

 

She ran towards Yujin, slightly pushing her.

 

“What-”

 

“How dare you leave me back there?” Minju glared at Yujin, pouting at the taller girl as she looked up to meet her eyes.

 

Yujin had her eyebrows furrowed, a smirk formed on her lips.

 

The two stayed quiet, staring at each other before Minju broke the silence, holding the taller girl’s fidgeting hand.

 

“Answer me,” Minju stepped closer.

 

Yujin chuckled.

 

“Sorry,” The younger one apologized, holding Minju’s hand tighter.

 

That move made Minju quiet for the rest of the walk to the dining room, letting Yujin guide her as she walked around mindlessly. Minju’s overthinking things again as she’s wondering why the younger did that since she knew Yujin’s not that affectionate these days. The last time they were together, a week ago, Yujin barely held her or got close to her.

 

But today, Yujin held her hand.

 

As they reached the dining room, the smell of different kinds of food filled the place. The heads of their families were already sitting as they waited for their heirs to arrive, smiling as soon as they saw the couples hand in hand. They greeted each one of them before they sat on the remaining seats.

 

Minju stood beside Yujin, ready to pull her own chair to sit down before being stopped by the taller girl. “Let me,” The younger whispered, smoothly pulling Minju’s chair, still holding the latter’s hand. The older girl smiled as she sat down gracefully and looked up at Yujin after. Yujin smiled back before sitting down.

 

“Thank you for treating our princess so well, Yujin-ssi.” Minju’s father said as he passed around the food, letting others get their own before him.

 

“It’s a pleasure to be with your daughter sir,” Yujin replied, showing off their interlocked fingers, garnering a roaring laughter from their family members.

 

“Isn’t Yujin a little too affectionate today?” Chaewon teased before getting fed by Yunjin.

 

Minju smirked.

 

“I don’t see Minju-ssi wearing her engagement ring, why is that so Yujin-ah?” Yujin gulped as she heard her own mother asking her the question she feared to hear.

 

Minju felt Yujin let go of her hand, sensing the younger heir’s mixed signals again.

 

“My jeweler said it hasn’t arrived yet, please don’t rush everything mama.” Yujin politely said as she took a bite out of her plate, her two older cousins agreeing with her.

 

“Let the late bloomer take her time,” Yunjin teased, making the air lighter as everyone laughed except Minju and Yujin.

 

Their dinner lasted for 2 hours before ending it with a couple bottles of wine. The Hwang-Kim members went home right after getting drunk as they could not hold their alcohol that well compared to the AnHeoShin family. The three couples only shared 1 bottle so they weren’t that tipsy compared to the others.

 

During that time as they drank, Yujin placed her arm over Minju’s shoulder for a very long time. The older heir could feel the younger’s thumb slowly rubbing the end of her shoulders softly which made her mood better for the rest of the dinner. They shared stolen glances from time to time especially when they laughed.

 

Minju enjoyed laying her head on Yujin’s shoulder, smelling the younger’s calming scent.

 

The three couples were left at the dining area once AnHeoShin’s family members also decided to rest once the Hwang-Kim’s left.

 

“I can’t believe they asked us about having a new heir,” Yeji laughed as Chaewon agreed with her.

 

“I mean, we have been married for a few years now. Wouldn’t be too bad to try for once,” Ryujin teased Yeji, winking at her wife as the others groaned.

 

“That’s so embarrassing to say,” Minju said as she laughed, further snuggling into Yujin’s neck.

 

Yujin moved away from her, standing up.

 

“T’was a good dinner guys, I have to go now.” Yujin sighed as she smiled at the others who were looking at her with a confused expression.

 

Minju looked at Chaewon, who was already looking at her with a concerned look.

 

“Where are you going?” Yunjin asked her younger cousin as she still held Chaewon’s hand.

 

Yujin looked at her watch, ready to leave at any moment.

 

“I’m gonna go to a party, I won a club at an auction just now.” The youngest heir replied, showing them a notification on her phone which said that she won a big club in Gangnam for millions of won.

 

“Why don’t you invite us?” Ryujin asked as she stood up, Yeji clinging on her arm.

 

Minju looked up at Yujin who took a subtle glance at her before looking at Ryujin.

 

Here she goes again, Minju thought to herself as she rolled her eyes.

 

“My friends are there,” Yujin answered, about to walk away.

 

“So?” Minju asked her with a serious tone.

 

The youngest heir stared at her fiance who had a hurt look on her face.

 

Silence surrounded the room for a couple of seconds before Yujin turned around and started to walk towards the exit.

 

Right before she reached the door, she stopped in her tracks and looked back at Minju.

 

“Come,” Yujin called out before getting stopped by Ryujin who already held her SUV’s car keys.

 

“I’ll drive,” Ryujin said, the others trailing behind her.

 

-

 

Ryujin and Yeji sat at the front seats while Yunjin and Chaewon sat on the middle seats of the SUV. Yujin wanted to sit on the passenger side but was stopped by Ryujin. “I have to sit here, you don’t even know where we’re going.” The youngest heir groaned as she protested. “And? Then give me your phone so I know where to go,” Ryujin replied, not letting Yujin open the door.

 

“No ing way,” Yujin said as she walked towards the backseat of the car, giving up on her older cousin. Once she opened the door, she already saw Minju inside looking at her. 

 

“Hi,” Minju greeted as she smiled at Yujin.

 

Yujin pursed her lips, nodded, and sat beside her.

 

Minju looked at the younger who was doing something on her phone, seeing that she was getting the location of the club that she just won. “I sent the location Ryu,” Yujin sighed as she rested her head on the window, looking outside as Ryujin started to drive. They were quite close to the club since it was located in Gangnam.



 

“How much did you buy the place Yu?” Yunjin asked as she looked at Yujin in the back.

 

“Roughly 200,000,000 won,”

 

“WHAT?!” The girls asked in unison.

 

“I know, it’s in Gangnam that’s why it’s that expensive. It came with a penthouse anyway,” Yujin explained as she glared at Yunjin.

 

“All that money yet you still haven’t given Minju her ring,” Yeji snickered.

 

Minju widened her eyes, taking a glance at Yujin who was by her side. They locked eyes for a short while before Yujin broke the contact, biting her bottom lip. 

 

After a few minutes and what seemed forever that the awkward silence took over them, they arrived at the place. The so called club was located at the very top of the 45 storey building. It looked elegant as the place had its own small garden and the building looked like it was made out of glass.

 

Yujin immediately got out of the car once Ryujin stopped, closing the door on Minju.

 

“That brat,” Chaewon hissed, looking at Yujin who did not mind waiting for them.

 

She watched the girl get her phone out as she walked fast towards the entrance, the guards greeting her and guiding her towards what looked like a meeting room. They started to get out of the car after Ryujin parked properly. Yeji walked towards Minju and locked arms with the girl, pouting at her.

 

“I’m okay, don’t worry.” Minju reassured her older cousin.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter