Another birthday with you.

Happy new year!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Five...four...three...two...one! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Winter looks on as her friends are gathered around the tv counting down and cheering for the new year. 

" Minjeong, happy birthday." A hand on her shoulder, looking left would reveal Jimin leaned into her ear, whispering her new years greetings to the younger girl.

"Oh!" Both girls jolt backwards, pulling their heads away from each other before smiling at the other.

"Thank you, unnie~" A moment of silence, only accompanied by distant cheers.

Both girls stand silently, staring at each other.

"Mannn~ get a room already!" Blinking in surprise, Winter turns to look at Ning while Jimin turns to Aeri.

"What does that mean??" Looking at her friends incredulously, Minjeong drops her jaw in disbelief.

" Ah, make your New Year's resolutions already the two of you. I'll write the first one for you?" Pulling a piece of paper from her back pocket, Aeri smiles smugly before flashing the paper at Jimin.

"YA KIM AERI! NONONO- DONT SHOW HER-" 

Running up to Aeri and snatching the note away, stuffing it into her back pocket and staring at her best friend, Jimin smacks Aeri's shoulder twice .

"SUSPICIOUS..." Ning rests her head on Minjeong's shoulder, looking at the duo infront of them.

" OI OI! What're you guys doing?! DRINK!" Yena runs over with bottles of beer, passing them to each girl before putting hers in the middle, inciting a cheers.

"TO 2024!! Let's earn lots and play lots and love lots!" Bringing their bottles together, Chaewon and Minju do a separate cheers before joining the main group.

"GET A ROOM!"

"JO YURI BE QUIET!" 

Quickly, the group becomes rowdy enough that Minjeong grows tired and decides to take a social battery break on the balcony.

Placing her bottle on the ledge, she crosses her arms and takes a deep breath of the cold snowy air.

Closing her eyes and surrendering herself to the ambience of the city, Winter leans onto the railing, breathing in and out slowly, calming down.

"Too loud for you?" A whisper from her back, she turns around to Jimin.

" Just a lil bit. What about you?" Moving a step to her right to make space for Karina, Winter would flinch, feeling the older woman's shoulder in contact with her own.

"Just here to accompany you." Bringing the bottle up to her lips, Jimin would take a sip, watching the younger woman with the corner of her eye.

"Thanks...I guess this is our- 8th year together huh?" Resting the bottle against the railing on the floor, Jimin turns to Winter.

"Actually... It might be a stupid or dumb idea to say it now, but..." Turning to the older woman, Minjeong tilts her head in curiousity.

"Call it a New Year's resolution that I want to fulfill. Call it liquid courage. To be honest I think it's abit of both." Jimin holds both of Minjeong's hands, sm

Please log in to read the full chapter